Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 12:24 PM

5 posts, read 8,051 times

Advertisements

Well,
I didnt want to post on here but I have nobody to talk to.
I have been with my wife for 20 years. We have 2 kids. We were seperated for 6 months about 10 years ago. She had depression after our second child. She started lying and not being nice at all. I found here communicating with someone on the internet. She then all of a sudden, said she didnt love me and didnt want to be married to me anymore. It killed me. I knew she was talking to this guy, but there was never any relationship, so I thought. She had to go away for the weekend, she said, because her doctor said it was me that was causing her depression. She finally moved out and got her a place on her on. She gave me custody of the kids. After about 6 months she wanted to come back. I said I would agree if it was true and because she wanted to be with me. She said yes and here we are. Throughout the last 10 years I have asked her about that time frame, she said there was never anyon else. I just found out last week there was infact someone. During the seperation she was seeing the internet guy. I continue to find out she was meeting him and having sex a couple months before we even thought about seperating. I understand everything, and Im not about it. She asked if I had ever done it outside the marriage, and I honestly told der no. Im no saint but I really have not. She hates talking to me about anything. I told her I was having some rough feelings and she said she undersstands and will be there for me. I am going through hell inside me head. We keep arguing about her feelings. I really need to know if she really loves me. She says so many different answers, depending on her mood. She says she loves me but sometimes she doesnt like to be around me. I know I want to talk to much, but I am going crazy about it and I have nobody else to talk to. I love her with all my heart. I am showing her alot of attention and getting none in return. Her advice is just go foward and deal with each day. We have always had a difference in sex drives. When we do it, its fantastic just not that often. I have actually went months without it, and thats when things are good. It just seems she doesnt care about my feelings. I think she should be showing me if she loves me and If im important in her life. But it seems I am the only one to care, and she never mentions it. What do I do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2008, 12:34 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,438,947 times
Please use paragraphs and punctuation. No one wants to read a massive blob of text like what you just posted. And they'll make fun of you.

So try again. Be concise.

Old 12-04-2008, 12:46 PM

4,500 posts, read 2,843,119 times
Yes move on..
You should leave her .. She likes to play games and she is not faithful at all , and does not care about her family and your feelings.
I am wondering after all the information you mentioned in your post ,,you still love her!!
What kind of love is it??

Old 12-04-2008, 12:48 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,911,890 times
First try to siphon your money into a new account...

Old 12-04-2008, 12:53 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Your first mistake was letting her back into your life the first time. Now you have to end this train wreck of a relationship. The only block to this would be the children and custody, but she has seemed to be willing to give you custody. If I were you, I would RUN to the courthouse and start divorce proceedings. She ain't worth it bro.

Old 12-04-2008, 12:54 PM

What can i say? I love her more today than I did the we got married. She has openly told me I should be happy. She said for me to find sex on the side and come home happy instead of being unhappy. She said she loves me and wants to spend the rest of her life with me and nobody else

Old 12-04-2008, 01:02 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,009,690 times
She hates talking to me about anything.
What does this mean? She hates talking about the relationship, or everything? Do you communicate at all? If not, how can you love her so much? Is it love, or just having someone familiar in your life?

I am showing her alot of attention and getting none in return.
Are you smothering her? This might be why she "sometimes doesn't want to be around you."

If you want to stay in the marriage, you might want to get counseling. Has it always been this way or did something recently happen to bring it up in your head?

Old 12-04-2008, 01:06 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,218,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by am I wasting time View Post
What can i say? I love her more today than I did the we got married. She has openly told me I should be happy. She said for me to find sex on the side and come home happy instead of being unhappy. She said she loves me and wants to spend the rest of her life with me and nobody else

Sounds to me like two of you need some SERIOUS counseling - both as individuals, and as a couple.

I'm also afraid that, because marital trust has been broken in such a flagrant way, you're going to have an awfully rough go of it.

Old 12-04-2008, 01:10 PM

19 posts, read 55,435 times
To the OP, why is it that you love her? I mean this woman does not seem to care about you...why is it that you want to stay in the relationship? It doesn't seem like you're being treated right or respected, and you should be.

Old 12-04-2008, 01:10 PM

More than likely I will deal with this the same way I have to deal with everything. Myself, and keep it inside until I can find out what to do. Im sure I will have a rough go at it. The attention I give her is mostly like back rubs and foot rubs befroe we go to sleep. I am trying my best not to mention anything to her about this at all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships