Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 02:09 AM

33 posts, read 61,371 times

Advertisements

Is he gay? My fiance I have dated for 5 years has given me some concern he may be gay. He watched broke back mountain with out complaing. He complemented to me another mans hand who I work with that I thought could be gay he says after they shook hands once we got home" he has femine hands, like a women soft"!!!!!??? He told me as a child his father accused him of being Gay because he never chased women. Also he has no male friends that he hangs out with at all? Talks to 2 but there out of state he was in the army with them. He told me one of his old good freinds were gay but didnt no that back then. I never had a feeling any man I dated was gay untill I met him. He cooks for me everynight and does laundry to. I feel I am more masculine than him and this is just a turn off what DO YOU THINK I NEED HELP PLEASE!!! HONEST ANSWERS ONLY NO JOKES PLEASE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2008, 04:42 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,490,627 times
i will tell you what i would do---break up with him. i know you have been with him a long time--but dont waste any more time. if you have this feeling inside you that he IS gay, then trust yourself and move on. he may just not be ready to come out yet, but you dont want to go any furthur with him--like marriage or children and THEN find out that he was homosexual all along, but just wasnt being honest with you or himself.
it is hard sometimes i think for people to just be honest with themselves---with many things. i am sure he doesnt mean to hurt anyone.

Old 12-04-2008, 05:20 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,335,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRISHA84 View Post
Is he gay? My fiance I have dated for 5 years has given me some concern he may be gay. He watched broke back mountain with out complaing. He complemented to me another mans hand who I work with that I thought could be gay he says after they shook hands once we got home" he has femine hands, like a women soft"!!!!!??? He told me as a child his father accused him of being Gay because he never chased women. Also he has no male friends that he hangs out with at all? Talks to 2 but there out of state he was in the army with them. He told me one of his old good freinds were gay but didnt no that back then. I never had a feeling any man I dated was gay untill I met him. He cooks for me everynight and does laundry to. I feel I am more masculine than him and this is just a turn off what DO YOU THINK I NEED HELP PLEASE!!! HONEST ANSWERS ONLY NO JOKES PLEASE

First off I have soft hands, without calluses, the wife loves them and I never had any complaints on them.
Secondly I love doing laundry, dishes, cleaning the apartment and many other chores and I am as masculine as any other man.
Thirdly I never chased women. I would talk to them and would get lucky but I have never chased after them.
Finally I love doing laundry, dishes, cooking and doing many other chores in my house and I am not gay.
Could it be that maybe that's just the way he is? So stop complaining.

Old 12-04-2008, 05:29 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,484,450 times
Although I dont think doing laundry or helping with the housework means a guy is gay, it is alot of times wise to go with your gut feelings. But what is a guy to do? Women rant and rave if the men dont help around the house. And here we have a girl thinking her man is gay because he does help. When you 2 are walking down the street do you notice him checking out dudes butts? Does he have rug burns on his knees? But since you have been with him for 5 years you should know better than anyone what you should do. But seems to me you would have had some idea of his true sexuality long before now. Good luck!

Old 12-04-2008, 05:31 AM

13,784 posts, read 26,249,698 times
Who lives under a bridge and chases Billy Goats Gruff???? Hmmmmm, who could it be???????

Old 12-04-2008, 06:01 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,170,124 times
There is a reason or at least an instinct that you feel this way.
Just because he does dishes and laundry and doesn't have callouses on his hands doesn't mean he is gay. My son-in-law helps my daughter with house work and he definitely ain't gay.
I worked with a guy who had many callouses and wouldn't touch washing dishes or laundry and could whip just about anybodys butt.
I noticed he never joined in on any conversations with the rest of us talking about our wives and kids and he never wanted to hang with the guys for a beer after work. Guess we weren't his type. But he did have a female room mate.
I found out later he was gay.
I have a tendency to trust my instincts that causes concern over a period of time. There is usually a reason for feeling that way.
He may or may not be gay.
I wouldn't commit to anything untill you are sure you are not being used as a decoy or camoflauge to hide his true feelings.

Old 12-04-2008, 06:29 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,449,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRISHA84 View Post
I don't know. After 5 years does he love you and treat you well? It sounds like it.

I know quite a few gay men who were married to women, who had children and successful relationships for a long time. Likewise, I know several women who decided they were lesbians after years of marriage and children.

I also know several effeminate men who I could have sworn who would come out as gay, who have turned out to be great husbands and fathers and are truly heterosexual in all ways.

You can't guarantee that any relationship will last or be successful forever. If you love him, just love him for who he is, even if he's not the most masculine man in the world.

Don't freak yourself out about it.

Old 12-04-2008, 07:16 AM

3,047 posts, read 9,033,091 times
i think this has to do with your own insecurities than it has to do with him. do you feel that you are not feminine enough? because afterall, he doesn't seem to have done anything wrong here yet it's you who have imagined this...maybe you are right and he likes dudes but if the relationship and everything that goes with it is good, i'd continue with it.

Old 12-04-2008, 07:18 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
No problem......just have him call my husband on the phone. He can tell!!!!!

Old 12-04-2008, 07:20 AM

1,570 posts, read 2,069,369 times
Im an honest man. And I believe you are a troll!ops:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships