Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 01:11 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times

Advertisements

The results below are achieved by our "wonderful" high-tech opportunities to do various searches and "reconnect"...

"Did you know that reconnecting with a lost love can be like taking cocaine?" she demanded. "Fifty percent of the rekindlers I've surveyed report that they'd had wonderful marriages — before they reconnected. They didn't expect meeting again to pack such a wallop. Now that looking for old flames is so easy and trendy, happy marriages are crumbling."

Uneasily, I pooh-poohed the possibility that anyone's marriage was in danger. "Apparently, my lost love has a gorgeous wife."

"Doesn't matter," Kalish warned. "Wrinkles, weight, none of that matters. Some neuroscience research suggests that early loves are encoded in the brain, the same way cocaine addiction is. Seeing that person again, talking on the phone, even e-mail triggers all those visceral memories of being young and in love. Do not call this man."

Reconnect with Lost Friends - Finding Old Friends for Free - Reunion - Goodhousekeeping.com

So much for "being dear friends" with exes. Gimme A break!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2008, 01:19 PM

4,739 posts, read 8,376,537 times
Must be the easily addicted crowd...lol

Old 12-18-2008, 01:30 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,253,509 times
Ya' know, my best friend was telling me this was becoming fairly common as reasons for marital break ups but I did not believe her! She is going through a divorce tight now and I thought she was just talking babble like she has been since the whole thing started...

I'll have to let her know she is right!

Old 12-18-2008, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcm58 View Post
Must be the easily addicted crowd...lol
The easily addicted crowd appears to be a lot larger than everybody thinks. Thankfully, I don't have much to search for in this country and elsewhere these “great” services haven't been perfected to this extend. Considering all gym rats are essentially addicts as well and there are quite a few of them, they must contribute to the numbers. Not that I’d like to steer the thread in this direction, but it is what it is.

Old 12-18-2008, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Ya' know, my best friend was telling me this was becoming fairly common as reasons for marital break ups but I did not believe her! She is going through a divorce tight now and I thought she was just talking babble like she has been since the whole thing started...

I'll have to let her know she is right!
Well, doing this IS looking for trouble... no doubt about it.

Old 12-18-2008, 01:34 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,253,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Well, doing this IS looking for trouble... no doubt about it.
She told me that 3 folks in her divorce recovery group had either rekindled with former loves or their spouses had...

My old "loves" can stay right where they are, thank you very much

Old 12-18-2008, 01:38 PM

2,732 posts, read 6,767,656 times
I think of old flames once in a while,but the past is the past....

Old 12-18-2008, 02:01 PM

4,739 posts, read 8,376,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
The easily addicted crowd appears to be a lot larger than everybody thinks. Thankfully, I don't have much to search for in this country and elsewhere these “great” services haven't been perfected to this extend. Considering all gym rats are essentially addicts as well and there are quite a few of them, they must contribute to the numbers. Not that I’d like to steer the thread in this direction, but it is what it is.
I guess a lot can be going on I'm not aware of. I've looked up several people I'd lost touch with, two of which were old girlfriends but not for the reasons some apparently are. We had mutual friends and it was nice to catch up on what everyone was doing and to find they were doing ok.
Even if I was single I would never want anything with them again.
I guess some people just aren't happy.

Old 12-18-2008, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcm58 View Post
I guess some people just aren't happy.
That's the thing - apparently half of them were quite happy before they decided to pull the devil's tail.

Old 12-18-2008, 02:16 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,403,971 times
I would be curious to know how long these second time around relationships last. They are ex or old flames for a reason, and rekindling might bring a momentary infatuation again, but what's the prospect for longer term success? I cannot fathom why anyone would give up a happy relationship for an old flame, it's just a total lack of self control.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships