Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 09:08 PM

429 posts, read 1,148,527 times

Advertisements

Please tell me you're not reading those awful dating books like "The Mystery Method" and "The Professional Bachelor". Seem like every talk show has had at least one episode dedicated to these silly devices. We can spot the poor guys who take these books seriously and they generally end up looking foolish.

Don't let this happen to you!

Last edited by Anneee; 08-10-2007 at 09:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2007, 11:17 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,836,062 times
No...I am not, have not, and will not. I'll be the guy in the corner...that looks clueless!

Old 08-10-2007, 11:22 PM

72,418 posts, read 18,204,513 times
Will never read those books,I promise

Old 08-11-2007, 01:37 AM

429 posts, read 1,148,527 times
Thank you both! I can now rest easy knowing that good, honest men still exist.

Old 01-02-2008, 04:58 AM

4 posts, read 11,304 times
They're not all bad! I've met quite a few guys that are in to it (Mystery Method, David DeAngelo etc) as one of my friends was big time in to it. When someone's really good at it (it takes a while, and granted those who are in the early stages of learning can come across as weirder than people who don't know anything about it, perseverance is important!) it makes flirting incredibly fun. It's not like their personality changes at all, it just gives shy guys the ability and confidence to get talking to girls they'd otherwise be scared to approach. Once the girls have become interested then they can be themselves - it just helps you to stand out in the crowd first of all and means hot girls will actually pay attention to genuinely nice guys that could make them happy but who used to be too shy to approach the girls and not physically stunning enough that the girls would chase them.

My friend runs a website where you can get a feel for what it's all about and it's worth a look (a bit of shameless self-promotion there!).

Grow Your Game - Article Database - Dating, Pickup, Seduction

Old 01-02-2008, 10:17 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,835,476 times
When I was about twelve, I bought "How To Get Along With Girls" from an add in the back of a comic book. It cost a dollar and was shipped in a plain envelope.

It told me to comb my hair, keep my fingernails clean, open the door for girls, and always say "please" and "thank you".

I felt cheated. It wasn't that the advice was bad, but it wasn't what I was looking for. My mother had already pounded that information into my head - for free.

It wasn't until I turned fifteen that I discovered the true secret, so for the next year I used lots of Wildroot Creme Oil and combed my hair into a DA.

Old 01-02-2008, 10:53 AM

165 posts, read 662,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anneee View Post
Please tell me you're not reading those awful dating books like "The Mystery Method" and "The Professional Bachelor". Seem like every talk show has had at least one episode dedicated to these silly devices. We can spot the poor guys who take these books seriously and they generally end up looking foolish.

Don't let this happen to you!
Is someone getting frustrated in the dating circuit?

Old 01-02-2008, 11:47 AM

1,413 posts, read 3,047,961 times
Those books can be really helpful. I was raised by a single mom and coming up I always looked to women for advice on what women look for in a guy - which of course got me nowhere. I've been reading one of the books you mentioned and it has helped. I'm not the type to follow anyone's advice 100% and I discarded a lot of what I saw in the book, but there was also much that was helpful and effective.

Old 01-02-2008, 01:01 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,045,108 times
I'm actually working on my own book for women so we can combat "The Game".

Old 01-02-2008, 04:08 PM

1,712 posts, read 4,233,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I'm actually working on my own book for women so we can combat "The Game".
I'll buy a copy from you, when will you finish that book?

This is going to be fun
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships