Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 08:35 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,540,707 times

Advertisements

In my experience with online dating, I have come across quite a few who equate my desire to be with a successful man to being a sugar-baby or a hooker. I'm neither. But in understanding that people sometimes have limitations in their way of thinking thinking of others, I was inspired to explore the differences between the two.

A prostitute runs a business. Her client base runs from a select few to plenty, but it is a business first and foremost. On the hourly/high volume level - she may not be very selective. On the upscale/low volume end she's more selective. But no matter how wonderful the man may turn out to be, if he doesn't have the money he is not going to get any of her time. And the gent clearly has no problem with her being with other men.

A sugarbaby is essentially what the traditional "mistress" used to be. It is usually a man providing for a woman outside of his marriage. There is an overtone of entitlement. What a sugardaddy provides is more for the right to exclusivity and availability while compensating for the lack of a solid and open future together. There is also more room for emotional growth because of that exclusivity.

Neither are morally sound. But I see a big difference in the basis for and type of interaction. Your thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2009, 10:18 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,227,349 times
A sugarbaby has the affair(s) on the side;
a hooker has the client(s) on the side.

Old 02-07-2009, 10:22 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,111,514 times
I think that the prostitute performs a valuable service to provide men with someone to have meaningless sex with. If the sugar baby is with an unmarried man, more power to her, if he's married....I have no use for anyone who would be with a married man.

Old 02-07-2009, 10:44 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,330,045 times
There's no difference. They're both ho's.

Old 02-08-2009, 12:54 AM

3,853 posts, read 12,863,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
There's no difference. They're both ho's.
That is right. There is a main difference though. A prostitute has come to the fact that she can make money off selling her body. She is not in denial about it. She sets her rates and gets clients.

A ***** on the other hand is in denial about it. She doesn't equate the fact that a man buying her dinner, a gift, a ring etc is not compensation for sex. When in reality, it is. Whores are usually into more lucrative deals. A prostitute will only get x$ per act. A ***** on the other hand is generally looking to seal the business transaction (ie. marriage). Marriage will entitle her to alimony, community property assets, potential child support which can all be very lucrative. A lot more lucrative than going to school, working 9-5 for it. I honestly don't blame these women for doing such. If there is someone stupid enough to marry a gold digger, more power to her!

Of course, me being a man I never pay for sex because I do not support any forms of prostitution. I don't buy a woman ~anything~. Women have sex with me either for the pure pleasure of the act or because they think they are going to hook me. It is like giving a free sample. They give the free sample because they want you to buy the product. I take the free sample and run unless of course they are offering more free samples Also I am very militant about not paying for sex in ANY way. I don't pay for sex because it is degrading to my male ego.

Old 02-08-2009, 06:27 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,914,224 times
Unfortunately many sugar babies dont realize they are disposable. They tend to think they are the heir apparent to the man when he dumps the wife. I've known a couple (not mine) and they were quite delusional about the 'relationship'.

Old 02-08-2009, 07:22 AM

139 posts, read 476,364 times
I love having sex with married woman. They try so much harder because what they have at home doesnt rock them.

Their home deed is minutes and give me back the remote.

Having daytime affair with a married woman while her husband is at work, just makes her day so much happier

Old 02-08-2009, 07:49 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,330,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C5Aprea View Post
I love having sex with married woman. They try so much harder because what they have at home doesnt rock them.

Their home deed is minutes and give me back the remote.

Having daytime affair with a married woman while her husband is at work, just makes her day so much happier

So just because they're unhappy justifies having an affair? Jesus H Christ, give a break here.

Old 02-08-2009, 08:01 AM

2,412 posts, read 7,175,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
In my experience with online dating, I have come across quite a few who equate my desire to be with a successful man to being a sugar-baby or a hooker. I'm neither. But in understanding that people sometimes have limitations in their way of thinking thinking of others, I was inspired to explore the differences between the two....Your thoughts?
PassTheChocolate, I think your evaluation is spot on. I'd rep you but I have to spread the love around first.

I find the indignance of some about such arrangements rather amusing, as if sexual relationships should always be about enduring love between two people. One would think that a cursory knowldge of human history would lead people to realize that, from arranged marriges to FWB, prostitution, or simple hook-ups, countless people today and over the millenia have rejected the idea that sex should be limited to only between two people in love.

Old 02-08-2009, 12:41 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,540,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by professorsenator View Post
PassTheChocolate, I think your evaluation is spot on. I'd rep you but I have to spread the love around first.

I find the indignance of some about such arrangements rather amusing, as if sexual relationships should always be about enduring love between two people. One would think that a cursory knowldge of human history would lead people to realize that, from arranged marriges to FWB, prostitution, or simple hook-ups, countless people today and over the millenia have rejected the idea that sex should be limited to only between two people in love.
I'm with you there. This is what has become so interesting about the responses I received online. Who's to say a lack of commitment precludes substance?

What I was seeking (and still prefer now) could be considered somewhat provocative, because I don't want a commitment and I prefer successful men. But it doesn't equate to being a sl*t, hooker or SB. None of those forms of companionship is for me. I can't fake interest, don't want to keep up with several men (I'm very selfish with my "me time") and I wouldn't like the overtone of entitlement that comes with having a sugardaddy.

Though, I can see where someone with my preferences would find being with a married man convenient; meet once or twice a week for lunch/dinner, have some private time and send him home. A married man won't expect all of a gal's time and he can only go so far with the relationship. But there is a relationship. All of that is perfect for me, except for the wife and kids at home.

We know most men prefer pros for the same convenience. I tend to wonder if that is a perk for pros as well, besides the financial benefit, because is it more fantasy driven. She sends him home and doesn't have to deal with him on a daily basis, at least not until their next meet, if there's even a next meet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships