Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 12:53 PM

7 posts, read 64,311 times

Advertisements

like Lionking said - when you least expect it, it will happen. Leave yourself open to chatting anyone up. You never know.

I met my husband (recently married both of us the second time around) as a result of a car wreck!! If the truck hadn't hit me - I would have never taken it to the guy who fixed it and then fixed me up!! Now most would think - how would a body shop owner choose someone with my upbringing and social status (nose up in the air sort of thing). I was open and willing and Wow! seven years later, we are married and great partners for one another.

It is easy to have an agenda and a look that you seek - but think outside of your scope. You may not really know YOUR TYPE. If you find someone who isn't for you, cut it off early and toss the fish back. Do both of yourselves the favor.

It is also much easier to meet someone doing activities you enjoy doing. There is an organization in NYC called social circles that puts activities together for groups of people to meet. It may be national. who knows? They go skydiving and meet at pottery places, go wine tasting etc..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2007, 12:55 PM

1,913 posts, read 8,908,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
Yup, the cooking one is tough, just about none of them can cook any more.
Wow...I'm just going to laugh at that one!...lol

Quote:
If you go for pretty, those ones usually can't get too much over one of those other catergories. I might go for ugly and try to get one that can master say four of the other categories. Leaving out cooking that might be possible.
Again, Wow...lol

Quote:
If they have a little money that can be a big plus.
a BIG Wow on this one...lol

I don't think you need to worry about a "cook" as I see you are pretty good at stirring a pot....lol

Old 03-16-2007, 01:05 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,162,101 times
Cosmic I must congratulate you on your selection methodology but I bet the real issue lies in just trying to get the person to fit into the backpack in the trunk or the bus! LOLLLLL.... (I've been reading for a while ;-) )

Old 03-16-2007, 01:16 PM

3,020 posts, read 25,734,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citybythebay View Post
I don't think you need to worry about a "cook" as I see you are pretty good at stirring a pot....lol
Well I do not have to worry about the cooking part as I am / always have been a pretty good cook.

These days I tend to think go for the ugly first then try to fill in the rest of as many blanks as possible. Poor girls can be tough, a good driver with a new car is way up there on the list too.

There is an extra benefit in the method. Most of the other guys will not try to mess around with her too much either. Lot of happy guys with ugly wives, probably never been scientific proven why. Lot of sailors use this method. Never worry about her when they are out to sea.

Old 03-16-2007, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
Cosmic I must congratulate you on your selection methodology but I bet the real issue lies in just trying to get the person to fit into the backpack in the trunk or the bus! LOLLLLL.... (I've been reading for a while ;-) )
Well my best lady is a she and always rides in the back which is the trunk laid down. We tend not to take buses much these days.

Old 03-16-2007, 01:24 PM

Is the best lady your four legged companion???
Those ARE the best!

Old 03-16-2007, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
Is the best lady your four legged companion???
Those ARE the best!
Yup and she is going to be impossible to replace. She can't cook but is super at everything else. And SHE already has been to Oil City, unlike our Mr. NAH.

Old 03-16-2007, 01:33 PM

hahahahahahaha. Maybe SHE needs to buy that 50K house!!! :-))

Old 03-16-2007, 01:36 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,778,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasinger View Post
My mother always told me that there was someone for everyone. But I some times wonder if that's true. I have been single for the last 2 years and I have yet to meet the gal of my dreams.

I did like this one girl but she went and became a minister. So I lost yet another one. I just want a girl who is beautiful, funny, intelligent, creative, spunky, and can cook me a nice supper.
There's nothing wrong with not settling for less than what you want but you have to be realistic. You want someone with all those qualities but what are you bringing to the table? Are you good looking, funny, intelligent, creative, spunky and can cook? If someone was meeting you had a laundry list of what they want, would you pass the test? You might be a great guy, I don't know but if you keep a list like that you will have a hard time meeting and retaining a relationship. Maybe try to meet someone that's a nice person, get to know them and some of that other stuff won't matter. More than likely they will possess other qualities that make up for it.

Just a suggestion from a female point of view.

Old 03-16-2007, 02:17 PM

282 posts, read 1,264,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
My ex said he would only marry a woman who can bake good biscuits. I told him to marry my mother.
OMG that made me laugh so hard!!
I love it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships