Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 11:54 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,453,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitterific View Post
Legalizing it will help the women and girls who have pimps find a way out. Who confronts a pimp? No one- he is basically untouchable. When a woman gets into this lifestyle, leaving a pimp is difficult if not impossible. Many go from one pimp to another. I know quite a bit about this stuff because I have been volunteering at women's shelters since I graduated high school. I have seen girls at young as 12 and women in their mid 40s with a pimp or 'daddy' is what they call him.

Very few of them are strung out on drugs. I do agree that is one way to get them sucked in, but a strung out crack head isn't going to make a lot of money for a pimp. A young, attractive woman is. These guys drive luxury cars- Benz CLS, BMW 750, GMC Yukon Denalis, etc. They have the latest clothes and all kinds of jewelry. This isn't courtesy of a stable of crackhead junkies. The girls may be on drugs, but many of them succumb to these men because they prey on their insecurities. They find women from broken homes, with daddy issues, women who couldn't count on anyone growing up, all the sad stories.

They see a man with money and want to align themselves with him. Most people can't comprehend this, but I have seen it with my own two eyes. Some take pride in being one of his women. Thinking it is all a competition and they are the 'top girl' in his stable. It's all sickening. I've seen them come in with babies in their arms and busted mouths and eyes for doing something they weren't supposed to.

Who is going to help them? The police? Of course not. They have to risk their life trying to get out or they will work for him until he has no use for them anymore. Legalizing cannot end this, but it can put a dent in it. It can throw those gutter dwellers in jail for battery, endangerment and child abuse.
There's no way prostitution should be legalized...it's a public health issue. Having sex with as many different strangers as possible as often as possible. Especially when many times a prostitute will offer sex without a condom for an increased fee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2009, 11:56 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,911,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitterific View Post
^^I think there was an article not too long ago stating how the applications for working at those brothels in Nevada increased in the last few months. I guess the need for money will make some people do strange things. I won't pass judgement though.

I thought the man and woman arrested were running the agency- not clients? I could be wrong though I was rushing through the article.

Don't want people at work seeing me reading about prostitutes making 5 figures in a short time.
Saw that article about the Bunny Ranch and applications going up. Its the world oldest profession, and when times are hard you have to rely on the resources available to you.

WRT the girl in question, its unfortunate that this choice was made...but why did they take her money...they could have at least made it public that it was going to a charity for unwed mothers or to help reform girls from being on the street.

Old 02-27-2009, 12:16 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,307,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
You would be surprised what they can get away with. You can even tell people what you do for a living and can pull it off. The trick is....not to get caught doing it. Even the tax people dont care, I remember once in an interview in a talk show, with a professional hooker, she said was having a conversation with a tax person and they dont care, they just want their share of the money. She told them she stood up and asked the guy 'what do you want me to do, put a taxi meter down there??' because she didnt know exactly how much she had made the previous year. Its a risky business.
The reason why I would advise anyone in the hooker business to invest their money in a country away from the USA. All a clever gal working gal or madame has to do is work it for 5 years and get the hell out. Don't pay a penny to uncle sam, because if you get busted not only will your money go to paying an attorney and bails bond man, but uncle sam will take all he can get his hands on and your property.

Old 02-27-2009, 12:18 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,307,580 times
The more I think about this story the more efed up it is. Prostitution is legal in the UK. As long as you are independent and don't have a pimp. The money you earn is yours, let them take their cut if they have to, but the rest should be returned to her.

Old 02-27-2009, 04:07 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
She needs to ask Jesus for forgiveness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Yes.

And also specifically sex in exchange for money is tacky and, to me, absolutely terrible morals. As I've said, morals and religion do not have to go hand in hand.

This girl is having sex for the absolute wrong reason...to make a small fortune. She has very distorted views. Regardless of whether you think sex belongs in marriage or not, I think most of us can agree that sex is not simply a service that you can provide, make money off of, and move on to the next person.

Old 02-27-2009, 04:10 PM

What would Jesus do? Is all I have to say about this matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
There's no way prostitution should be legalized...it's a public health issue. Having sex with as many different strangers as possible as often as possible. Especially when many times a prostitute will offer sex without a condom for an increased fee.

Old 02-27-2009, 04:27 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,110,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
Would like to know if it was a male or female teacher who "made the discovery" and what prompted he/her to look in girls bag. My guess is if it was male he saw her on the agencies website while looking himself. Young as she is she is, I'd say she was smart enough to stash the money away and I think it's appalling the money was taken from her. Servicing all those blokes and nothing to show for now.

The whole police angle stinks.
I agree. Why not take the whole $$$ and set up a college fund for the young lady???

It's her money, she earned it.

Old 02-27-2009, 04:27 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,539,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
The more I think about this story the more efed up it is. Prostitution is legal in the UK. As long as you are independent and don't have a pimp. The money you earn is yours, let them take their cut if they have to, but the rest should be returned to her.
It was obtained illegally, so I imagine they have to confiscate it. Though I agree with ya.

Old 02-27-2009, 04:28 PM

You are not thinking about how God would feel in this situation! Think of God for once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidmom View Post
I agree. Why not take the whole $$$ and set up a college fund for the young lady???

It's her money, she earned it.

Old 02-27-2009, 04:30 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,110,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
You are not thinking about how God would feel in this situation! Think of God for once.
God spoke to me . She wants her to go to college, get an MBA and set up a multinational corporation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships