Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 07:37 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,805,729 times

Advertisements

I thought I already had enough stress in my life--a pending divorce after 25 years together, then a knife incident at school (on me), and now this.

I met him only 3 weeks after my husband dropped the bomb, and my husband was still living with us. The man was sitting in the lobby of my health club and we started a very interesting conversation and he seemed really nice and we had a lot in common workwise, so when he invited me to Applebee's the next day after work, dutch, that seemed okay. I wasn't really attracted to him, but then it wasn't a date anyway I thought, and since I'm new in town, I don't have much of a social network yet.

So we had a good time and a nice conversation and it felt safe in a public place, but when he walked me to my car, suddenly I got the tongue down the throat treatment. That was a total turn-off, and he assured me he was not the one night stand type, though he was begging me to come home with him. I didn't, of course, and went home, but he's been calling ever since and getting mad when I don't call back, and last night he called at 10:45 and I told him not to call again, then he called back at 11:30 and claimed that my number was on his caller ID and then I got 2 blank phone calls at 7:00 this morning.

I'm starting to get a bit frightened--I have 2 kids, and I think anyone unbalanced enough to keep calling when I've clearly shown no interest might do anything. Should I move? He's not been over here, but it wouldn't be that hard to get my address from the phone book. How does one deal with this? We didn't even have a relationship--just a conversation, and now this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2009, 07:38 AM

968 posts, read 2,589,992 times
buy a gun

Old 03-06-2009, 07:41 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,184,340 times
Do you know his full name? Keep a journal and document every incident since you first started talking to him. Stop by your local police station and ask to talk with someone about him being a possible stalker. Review your notes with this person. Make sure that they start a file on this guy. Ask them for advice. A restraining order might be the next step.

Old 03-06-2009, 07:49 AM

19,786 posts, read 22,688,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustedfilth View Post
buy a gun
+1.

Nothing says back-off more than the business end of a LadySmith.

Old 03-06-2009, 07:51 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,342,445 times
For a reasonable fee I'll take care of your "problem".

Old 03-06-2009, 07:53 AM

973 posts, read 3,305,666 times
If he calls again, inform him clearly that you aren't interested and that any future calls (or visits) will result in a police report. That will usually deter most folks.
If not, report him then have your phone number changed.

Does this guy know where you live or work? Consider asking security or a male co-worker to walk with you to and from your car. Park your car inside your garage if possible and don't raise the garage door till you are inside the car with the doors locked.
Talk to your friends, family and neighbors if the problem persists and let them know you are afraid of this guy and to help keep an eye on you and your home.

Old 03-06-2009, 07:53 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,805,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
For a reasonable fee I'll take care of your "problem".
Sure, can I get a two-fer?

I'm not sure yet about the gun advice--I'd probably shoot myself, but I will be documenting for sure.

Old 03-06-2009, 07:55 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,184,340 times
I don't recommend buying a gun. Change your cell phone number. Buy a can of pepper spray. Wear a loud whistle around your neck to blow in an emergency. However, in the meantime, immediately find a womens self defense class to take. Don't tell the guy this as you will loose the element of surprise when (should he try something) you are able to fight him off with a knee to his nuts. And off course, tell your family and friends about this guy. If you have a cellphone with a camera, take his picture and email it to your support system. When you are walking alone to your car, either be talking to a friend or be ready to dial 911 immediately. Don't keep your concerns to yourself.

Old 03-06-2009, 07:56 AM

733 posts, read 1,928,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
I thought I already had enough stress in my life--a pending divorce after 25 years together, then a knife incident at school (on me), and now this.

I met him only 3 weeks after my husband dropped the bomb, and my husband was still living with us. The man was sitting in the lobby of my health club and we started a very interesting conversation and he seemed really nice and we had a lot in common workwise, so when he invited me to Applebee's the next day after work, dutch, that seemed okay. I wasn't really attracted to him, but then it wasn't a date anyway I thought, and since I'm new in town, I don't have much of a social network yet.

So we had a good time and a nice conversation and it felt safe in a public place, but when he walked me to my car, suddenly I got the tongue down the throat treatment. That was a total turn-off, and he assured me he was not the one night stand type, though he was begging me to come home with him. I didn't, of course, and went home, but he's been calling ever since and getting mad when I don't call back, and last night he called at 10:45 and I told him not to call again, then he called back at 11:30 and claimed that my number was on his caller ID and then I got 2 blank phone calls at 7:00 this morning.

I'm starting to get a bit frightened--I have 2 kids, and I think anyone unbalanced enough to keep calling when I've clearly shown no interest might do anything. Should I move? He's not been over here, but it wouldn't be that hard to get my address from the phone book. How does one deal with this? We didn't even have a relationship--just a conversation, and now this.
Change your phone number. report the incident. If you have the guys name let the cops know, and get a restraining order if it continues....

Old 03-06-2009, 08:02 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,842,411 times
He's obviously deranged. Ask him to drive out to a remote spot for a little make out session. Then shoot him in the cranium. Leave no finger prints. Bury the weapon on the walk home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships