Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 09:03 PM

5 posts, read 12,409 times

Advertisements

I have been with my husband for 5years he does not like me to go anywhere without him he has had bad relationships in the past and
does not trust me. I have told him a thousand times I am not them
but nothing seems to work with him. I have prayed & prayed, I
know God hears me, but I just sit and wait for the answers.
maybe I have already gotten the answer and I am not listening
can anyone help me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2009, 03:30 AM

783 posts, read 2,260,066 times
You probably got the answer long ago but don't want to hear it.

Only you can help you get out of a bad situation before you find you've wasted twenty years being someone's property.

Leave.

Old 03-04-2009, 06:36 AM
NWS

720 posts, read 1,647,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer View Post
I have been with my husband for 5years he does not like me to go anywhere without him he has had bad relationships in the past and
does not trust me. I have told him a thousand times I am not them
but nothing seems to work with him. I have prayed & prayed, I
know God hears me, but I just sit and wait for the answers.
maybe I have already gotten the answer and I am not listening
can anyone help me?

Sometimes people can fall into a trap of trying to "save" people. He has a victim mentality.
I bet he was like this before you married him but you refused to see it or thought you could show him that not all women are bad and can't be trusted.
He gave you all the signs when he told you about all the bad women in his past.
You really need to start taking care of yourself. You are wasting away some of your best years trying to help someone who won't help themselves.
If he won't seek help for his abandonment issues after five years of this it may be time to move on.
You can't save the world if you destroy yourself in the process.
Trust me he will go on to find a new victim and explain to them what a bad woman YOU were to him.
Sometimes we wait for prayers to be answered when we already know the answer.
God doesn't want you to be abused for five more years.

Old 03-04-2009, 12:57 PM

420 posts, read 1,237,282 times
Marriage is a spiritual connection and it should not be so easily broken when we get tired of our spouse. I think so many people see all the warning signs before they get married, if you have any doubts then don't get married. We can not change husbands and wives like we do our shoes. Every person will have issues there is no perfect mate, pray, pray, and pray. It is also important to talk to your spouse, communication is everything. Put your foot down and do not be a prisioner in your own home, that is no way to live. God Bless!!!

Old 03-04-2009, 05:30 PM

7 posts, read 15,674 times
your not alone!!!!!!!!!!i Know just how you feel,I cant even type on the computer without him reading it ( hes showering now) Every conversation we have is him accusing me of cheating or him saying how hes not dirty he would never cheat on me. I can't go anywhere without him and I have to look at the ground orI am accused of looking at some other man. He's said if i cheated on him he would flush me down the toilet in little bits. Ive never cheated.He wasn't always like this. I cant talk on the phone until he has made sure its me family but he says I have no use for friends and all my neighbors who I used to talk to are just out to use me for something. I don't know what todo I am disabled and I just had back surgery and I feel I depend on him to survive He does all the cooking and cleaning I know I need to leave him. But Ive triedto but my foot down he either cries for hours or refuses to leave.

Old 03-04-2009, 05:39 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,687,824 times
Can you tell someone that you are in love with them, but in the next breath, tell them that you do not trust them?
He needs to work on his issues, and quick.

Old 03-04-2009, 05:41 PM

72,430 posts, read 18,213,051 times
You need to get out of it.Because it's not your problem, it's his. You don't want to be the victim. If you stay,you will start having mental problems which will destroy you.

Old 03-04-2009, 08:06 PM

5 posts, read 12,409 times
I thank you all for your advice will remember what you all have told me.
As for rebecca the cage i guess we got alot in common, don't we.
Sit tight for now pray and read your bible for strenght god will show you
the way. But listen close to what he is saying don't be like me and enorge
the answer. Stay in touch!

Old 03-04-2009, 08:12 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,125,177 times
Call your family, see who can put you up, pack your things and LEAVE!!!!! And do not go back to him unless he is willing to treat you like a grown woman.

Old 03-04-2009, 08:15 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,254,928 times
Both of these guys are holding you ladies prisoners. I won't say what you should do, but the guys' mindsets are that they OWN you, and that's just one short step away from physical abuse when he decides you've disobeyed or disrespected him. Good luck to you both!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships