Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 09:35 AM

2 posts, read 7,485 times

Advertisements

I know I shouldn't be dwelling on this, but I would like to see what other people have to say. So I was having dinner at an Indian restaurant with a friend and we were sitting next to a table of four, comprised of two attractive females with two guys. By the way they were interacting with each other I don't think they were on a date, rather I think they are just a group of friends having dinner. The entire time I was thinking of ways to approach, I even made eye contact with one of them once or twice. But by the end of the meal, I ended up just paying the bill and taking off.

Any advice on how to approach her in this kind of situation? Or should I take solace in the fact that she just wanted the company of friends and would have been annoyed by any approach?

Last edited by africamp; 04-06-2009 at 09:38 AM.. Reason: Can't spell
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 09:41 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,340,815 times
I would tell her looking straight in her eyes: Would you please come to my house and rub my belly?

Old 04-06-2009, 09:43 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,786,996 times
I The only acceptable approach I could think of would be if you approached one of the guys at the table and asked about her situation. That way you aren't disrespecting anyone because you really don't know if it is a platonic dinner amongst friends or if there's something more between them. I think finding a tactful way to approach one of the men at the table and letting them know you are intersted however offer a gentlemanly apology if she is already taken. I think that would be the more respectful way to reach out.

Old 04-06-2009, 10:27 AM

8,064 posts, read 18,013,272 times
I suppose you could have sent a bottle of wine or some desserts over to the table and see what happened. They would have at least been impelled to thank you and you could have had an opportunity to make eye contact and say a few words to the woman.

Otherwise, paying attention to one woman at a table of four when you really have no idea of what the nature of their relationships is might be seen as intrusive and rude.

Old 04-06-2009, 10:30 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
Quote:
Or should I take solace in the fact that she just wanted the company of friends and would have been annoyed by any approach?
Yes, definately.

Old 04-06-2009, 10:37 AM

429 posts, read 1,148,527 times
I don't think there's a polite way to approach a woman in this situation. In fact, I can't even think of an impolite way that would have any chance of success.
Better luck next time!

Old 04-06-2009, 11:37 AM

3,853 posts, read 12,869,001 times
never approach women when they are in groups or with friends.

Old 04-06-2009, 12:05 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,957,722 times
Women go to the bathroom at least a couple times while dining. Wait for your opportunity to get up a few minutes after she has left. Then when she comes out of the ladies room...you make your move.

"Hey, can I ask you something...?"

Old 04-06-2009, 12:25 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,180,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
I suppose you could have sent a bottle of wine or some desserts over to the table and see what happened. They would have at least been impelled to thank you and you could have had an opportunity to make eye contact and say a few words to the woman.

Otherwise, paying attention to one woman at a table of four when you really have no idea of what the nature of their relationships is might be seen as intrusive and rude.
I like this suggestion! If the woman is single and available, she'll be flattered. Even if she's not available, she still will be flattered. But this would only work if neither of the two guys she was with had a romantic interest in her.

Old 04-06-2009, 01:06 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,462,916 times
Why would you want to insert yourself into this scenario? Is the woman absolutely irresistible to you for some reason? (That is, Do you suffer from lack of impulse control in general?) Do you believe that introducing yourself to attractive strangers is an effective way to meet new dating partners?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships