Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 06:49 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,792,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwana_b View Post
Ok, I have to blunt here even though most wont agree.
I don't think any of those actresses with the exception of Drew Barrymore
is attractive with or without makeup!!
I never understood when ppl say "Oh, actress so and so is so beautiful". Most ppl say that about most actresses. They are just average ppl who happen to have a talant. That doesn't make them any prettier than any other regular person. I see prettier ppl walking down the street or come into my work or at a grocery store, you get the picture.
If you took an average looking or even a not so pretty person and splashed their picture all over magazines, put them on talk shows, gave them interviews and talked about them in magazines like they were the most beautiful person,
which is called publicity, you can bet almost all of tv watchers or magazine buyers are going to say that that person is beautiful.That is the idea, to make ppl believe that. If they don't, the publicity person didn't do their job. Granted true beauty lies within, but, since we don't know them in person, I am talking strickly of the outward appearance.
When I hear ppl say for example that J-Lo is beautiful or Catherine Zeta, I scratch my head and wonder if they are looking at the same person I am.
Now, Charlize Theron, Marliyn Monroe, Drew Barrymore, Angelina Jolie, Beyonce, Brooke Shields, Lynda Carter, Halle Barry and Jessica Alba.
Now, to me, as far as "stars" go, the ones I just named are TRUE beauties in my eyes, the rest pale in comparason. Just my little ol opinion though.
That's funny, because I never thought Drew Barrymore was attractive. I never understood everyone's infatuation with her. However I'm glad we all share different tastes, otherwise we'd all be chasing the same scarce women around. I do agree with you on all the other women on your list, just not Drew.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2009, 07:30 AM

78,477 posts, read 60,666,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenourtv View Post
All of you think that these celebrities are "hotties" but after seeing these pics of these stars without makeup would make you second guess.

Stars Without Makeup - Inside Movies Blog

The only celebrities in that slideshow that comes close to looking attractive is a minority descent in my opinion, J.LO. Neve Cambell must have good genes. The rest I am pretty sure you see the pattern, that most of you can not argue with.

Beyonce on the other hand looks beautiful with or without makeup. Most black woman do not need to put on makeup to appear to be beautiful.
I'd never date a star anyway so it's rather moot. Plenty of normal gals out there I'd rather spend time with.

Old 04-10-2009, 07:44 AM

42,554 posts, read 87,031,688 times
As for "going out", it might be interesting to have dinner with any star---I don't get many opportunities to see what makes people like that tick. If you talking about having sex, you could always turn the lights off. Does anybody think stars are better in bed than waitresses or nurses or cashiers?

Old 04-10-2009, 08:42 AM

670 posts, read 2,115,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'd never date a star anyway so it's rather moot. Plenty of normal gals out there I'd rather spend time with.
And the normal girls in this country definitely appreciate guys like you.

Old 04-10-2009, 08:44 AM

140 posts, read 471,138 times
Jennifer Lopez looks really good with and without makeup.

Old 04-10-2009, 09:34 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,188,100 times
Doesn't seem very fair to me. After all, who hasn't had to run out to the grocery or the drug store early in the morning or when coming down with the flu? Would you want somebody to take a photo of you then? Would you take a photo of you with the 24-hour-bug and post it on Facebook? I'm guessing not. Yet these people can't even go work out without some sleazy paparazzi trailing after them, and people critiquing every single thing they wear. I kind of feel sorry for them, if you ask me.

Heck, I remember once when my wife and I (Before kids) got up kind of early, had a roll in the hay, and decided that bagels, Bloody Marys, and the NYT would be just the thing for a lazy Saturday morning. So I roll out of bed, don't bother shaving, put on a ball cap, put on the first clothes I could wriggle into, and head down to the grocery store about 7:30 a.m.

Who should I run into in the store? One of my biggest clients, dressed to the nines for some conference. She looks me over, looks at my bottle of Zing Zang (Best Bloody Mary mix ever) and just smirks at me. She says, "No very dapper today, are you?" "Hey, it's my day off," I shoot back. We laughed about it, but I always watch what I wear now when I go out, even if it's an errand.

Old 04-10-2009, 09:45 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,052,999 times
I go out all the time without makeup and dressed in sweats or gym clothes. I just want to be comfy and be able to get out of the house and get things done without having to spend a lot of time in hair/makeup/wardrobe. I don't really care what people think if they see me like this because I know that I can put myself together pretty well when I need/want to. But, it's usually these times when I'm in desert rat mode that I run into people I know.

Old 04-10-2009, 09:47 AM

36,576 posts, read 30,900,697 times
Quote:
Would you go out with any of these stars without makeup

Heck no, because Im so incredibly shallow that I would'nt date anyone thats not painted to the nines and Im so arrogant that I actually believe they would date me.

Old 04-10-2009, 09:56 AM

6,266 posts, read 19,172,110 times
those pics just prove what I learned early on: a little eye liner and mascara and a touch of lip color goes a long way. The eyes should always have a touch of mascara and a little liner; no foundation necesarry.

Old 04-10-2009, 10:01 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,188,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
those pics just prove what I learned early on: a little eye liner and mascara and a touch of lip color goes a long way. The eyes should always have a touch of mascara and a little liner; no foundation necesarry.
It's also Exhibit A in the Do You Prefer Women With/Without Makeup? thread. Any woman who thinks she looks better without at least some subtle cosmetics is kidding herself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships