Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 08:42 PM

100 posts, read 408,110 times

Advertisements

All of you think that these celebrities are "hotties" but after seeing these pics of these stars without makeup would make you second guess.

Stars Without Makeup - Inside Movies Blog

The only celebrities in that slideshow that comes close to looking attractive is a minority descent in my opinion, J.LO. Neve Cambell must have good genes. The rest I am pretty sure you see the pattern, that most of you can not argue with.

Beyonce on the other hand looks beautiful with or without makeup. Most black woman do not need to put on makeup to appear to be beautiful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2009, 08:44 PM

1,003 posts, read 2,429,595 times
A star is a celestial body of hot gases that radiates energy derived from thermonuclear reactions in the interior or a shape not a person.

Old 04-09-2009, 08:55 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,782,217 times
Thandie Newton, Catherine Zeta-Jones, J-Lo and Marisa Tomei all looked good without make-up. Some of them are barely recognizable, like Jennifer Garner.

Old 04-09-2009, 09:30 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Silverstone and Paltrow look about the same, with or without. I think in some of these photos, it's a bad pose or expression and lighting. Plus everyone has had a horrible picture a time or two.

Old 04-09-2009, 09:32 PM

390 posts, read 905,070 times
Ok, I have to blunt here even though most wont agree.
I don't think any of those actresses with the exception of Drew Barrymore
is attractive with or without makeup!!
I never understood when ppl say "Oh, actress so and so is so beautiful". Most ppl say that about most actresses. They are just average ppl who happen to have a talant. That doesn't make them any prettier than any other regular person. I see prettier ppl walking down the street or come into my work or at a grocery store, you get the picture.
If you took an average looking or even a not so pretty person and splashed their picture all over magazines, put them on talk shows, gave them interviews and talked about them in magazines like they were the most beautiful person,
which is called publicity, you can bet almost all of tv watchers or magazine buyers are going to say that that person is beautiful.That is the idea, to make ppl believe that. If they don't, the publicity person didn't do their job. Granted true beauty lies within, but, since we don't know them in person, I am talking strickly of the outward appearance.
When I hear ppl say for example that J-Lo is beautiful or Catherine Zeta, I scratch my head and wonder if they are looking at the same person I am.
Now, Charlize Theron, Marliyn Monroe, Drew Barrymore, Angelina Jolie, Beyonce, Brooke Shields, Lynda Carter, Halle Barry and Jessica Alba.
Now, to me, as far as "stars" go, the ones I just named are TRUE beauties in my eyes, the rest pale in comparason. Just my little ol opinion though.

Old 04-09-2009, 09:39 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
True, most of them are pretty average in looks.

Old 04-09-2009, 09:47 PM

100 posts, read 408,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwana_b View Post
Ok, I have to blunt here even though most wont agree.
I don't think any of those actresses with the exception of Drew Barrymore
is attractive with or without makeup!!
I never understood when ppl say "Oh, actress so and so is so beautiful". Most ppl say that about most actresses. They are just average ppl who happen to have a talant. That doesn't make them any prettier than any other regular person. I see prettier ppl walking down the street or come into my work or at a grocery store, you get the picture.
If you took an average looking or even a not so pretty person and splashed their picture all over magazines, put them on talk shows, gave them interviews and talked about them in magazines like they were the most beautiful person,
which is called publicity, you can bet almost all of tv watchers or magazine buyers are going to say that that person is beautiful.That is the idea, to make ppl believe that. If they don't, the publicity person didn't do their job. Granted true beauty lies within, but, since we don't know them in person, I am talking strickly of the outward appearance.
When I hear ppl say for example that J-Lo is beautiful or Catherine Zeta, I scratch my head and wonder if they are looking at the same person I am.
Now, Charlize Theron, Marliyn Monroe, Drew Barrymore, Angelina Jolie, Beyonce, Brooke Shields, Lynda Carter, Halle Barry and Jessica Alba.
Now, to me, as far as "stars" go, the ones I just named are TRUE beauties in my eyes, the rest pale in comparason. Just my little ol opinion though.
Thank you, and I agree I do not think J.Lo is anything special, just out of those pics she looked presentable without makeup. It is so funny that you see many soccer mom caucasion women looking at all these glamour magazines, reading about these celebrity woman. If they open their eyes they might see that the young woman at the cash register might have better looks naturally than the white women they are infatuated with in these magazines.

Women are not guilty, men as well are too.

Old 04-09-2009, 10:04 PM

670 posts, read 2,114,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenourtv View Post
All of you think that these celebrities are "hotties" but after seeing these pics of these stars without makeup would make you second guess.

The only celebrities in that slideshow that comes close to looking attractive is a minority descent in my opinion, J.LO. Neve Cambell must have good genes. The rest I am pretty sure you see the pattern, that most of you can not argue with.

Beyonce on the other hand looks beautiful with or without makeup. Most black woman do not need to put on makeup to appear to be beautiful.
I think a lot of these celebrities look fine without makeup...Kate Winslet, Kate Hudson, Gwyneth Paltrow still look pretty to me. Maybe not as glamorous, but still pretty.

Old 04-09-2009, 10:08 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,135,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenourtv View Post

Does it not suck cheese that we live in a world where the only way you can be considered a beautiful woman is if you slather revolting *and expensive* goo on your face? Why were there no MEN included in the OP? Why??? Because MEN do not have to slather revolting goo on their faces to be considered attractive.

Am I the only one that sees the double standard here????

20yrsinBranson

Old 04-09-2009, 10:13 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,135,091 times
I have no idea who most of these people are but the Tisdale chick looks better WITHOUT makeup and I was very surprised to see how pretty Jennifer Lopez truly is without the goo.

20yrsinBranson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships