Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2009, 10:32 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,662,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
See... I'm really really into my cars. I don't know any other woman that is into her cars the way I am. Even my family thinks my opinions on cars are... well special. I have a stick shift Civic hatch with over 380K miles on it. I really love to drive. I could never own an automatic transmission car. I don't believe in multitasking while driving a car (like drinking, eating and talking on a cell phone). When driving a car, one's full attention needs to be on driving and nothing else! I don't even like driving and having a passenger in my car, that's how serious I am about my driving. And I hate bad drivers and distracted drivers with a passion. I could never date a man that I thought was a bad driver. Anyway, I want my man to understand and be on my same wavelength when it comes to cars and driving.

Other cars I think are cool are E30 BMW's and Toyota Celica All Tracs. Old Saab and Volvo wagons are also neat to me. I just don't like any American company cars... it's just a personal taste thing. I love the way my Honda dashboard is set up. I hate that on Dodge Caravans, you can't squirt windshield wiper fluid independently of the wipers. Just as I only buy Bounty paper towels and no other brand of them.

With an automatic transmission, I don't like my car to decide when wants to shift. And when they need to be rebuilt, they never feel as good as when they were brand new.

BTW I've driven in S.F. with my stick shift cars and dealing with steep hills is no big deal to me. But Honda clutches are soft and easy to shift.
Same here, no wimpy automatic transmissions for me! Have been driving manuals for years.
Will never switch over. I like to be in total control of my car. Plus I love to drive. Funny, when I was 16 I wanted to be an Indy car driver! I came close to doing a course at Lime
Rock. I dream of driving the Audabon someday with any of the $$$$ European exotics!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2009, 12:16 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,303,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J double R View Post
Irony.. that a big tall guy like me drives a little tiny volkswagen, that i can see out of the sunroof if i stretch my neck?
That's funny.

I used to know a big beefy guy that had a penchant for Porsches and he owned several. Seeing him "stuffed" inside one of those was a hoot.

Old 04-20-2009, 08:55 PM

253 posts, read 805,770 times
Default hmmmm

good question....
ok, here i go....

a man in a mini van....married, and if he smiles and waves at you in a flirty manner....a married dog who forgot he was driving the family van

4 door......probably married, especially if older then 30, younger then 30 and i could assume he got what he could afford or has his buddys along often, over 30, chances are....married with a kid.

sports car....and ugly....you bought the sports car cuz you hope it will help ya land a date
sports car and decent looking....probably got a good job, or just plain out over compensating.

classic/muscle car....who cars....im in!

pick up truck....again....im in

motorcycle....if it aint a harley....well...forget it, but seriously, who doesnt look good in leathers and on a harley.. id say it means he is confident, sure of himself....and enjoys a good ride...

Old 04-20-2009, 08:56 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,956,590 times
the bigger the car, the tinier his hot dog.

the smaller the car, the huger his hot dog.

Old 04-20-2009, 09:46 PM

1,226 posts, read 2,798,260 times
Hahahahaa Arts your a tripp.

Old 04-20-2009, 10:33 PM

1,243 posts, read 2,688,304 times
I love cars...I mean...I love them....I will call the man over to see the cars online from the autoshow...the calendar in the kitchen is cars...I am sure he may secretly wish I would look at men rather than cars...I may not know much about specifics...but I do know what looks good...
As for what we drive? 1 of our cars is still in So Cal and the SUV is here...he doesn't drive...he takes public transportation...
And I have to agree with Just Julia...So cal is filled with weeniemen driving lifted Chevys wearing their hats sideways....bleh...out here in Chicago ... I haven't seen many pickups at all...unless they haul 'junk'
the pretty cars come out when the snow goes away.

Old 04-20-2009, 10:35 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
Jeep CJ - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Predecessor to the YJ, aka "Yuppie Jeep", bka Jeep Wrangler.

My point, which seems to be lost on most of the posters here, was that the amount of money a guy spends on a vehicle is not the appropriate measuring stick you use to tell something about him - instead, you look at what he bought, and whether he actually USES the capability of what he bought, or if he just bought it to show off or project a certain image.

For example, I see nothing unusual about a man buying a $75,000 Mercedes because he enjoys the luxury. To me that is using it. However, red flags would go up if someone purchased, say, a $40,000 Dually, but has nothing to tow with it. This is just my opinion, I have way too many friends who drive what they drive because of what others will think of them.

Maybe the guy in the $40,000 Dually enjoys the truck, doesn't need luxury or he wants a vehicle that is versatile, that can work. The truck has potential, and the $35,000 saved by not buying the Mercedes could buy something that can be towed but often you can put something in the truck bed. The truck can do something, it can go anywhere, it can do many things while the Mercedes can just sit looking pretty can expensive or be driven on city streets.

Old 04-20-2009, 10:47 PM

1,243 posts, read 2,688,304 times
in OC, CA they call them 30k millies ( 30k a year millionaires) I know so many men who drive a car that costs them, car payment alone, over 700 a month. And they make a bit iver 30k a yr...Lameness, I tell ya.

Old 05-08-2009, 02:09 PM

22 posts, read 53,605 times
I'm pretty sure you can't infer from my comment that they were in good physical shape based on a gym bag. Usually if they have one it's bc they're into either working out, sports or some other activity. Not only does this mean they're healthy and probably have some type of general concern for their health, but most importantly, it means they're ACTIVE. This trait is particularly attractive to me bc I am EXTREMELY active and athletic. I need someone who wants to do pick up a soccer game with me or go hiking or workout.
And while gentics plays a large role in body type- it's all up to you and your will in the end. I have a fairly slow metabolism...if I eat anything I want I'll get fat as hell...but I'm not because I workout everyday, stay active and eat healthily. Even if they go to the gym everyday and see no results it's still a good sign to me bc it means they'd like to be in good shape and with a little guidance they will be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
A gym bag wink wink?

Ugh, working out at the gym doesn't guarantee anything. I know some guys that always work out yet have real average looking bodies.

Your body type is genetic more so than anything else.

Old 07-19-2009, 02:47 AM

530 posts, read 1,131,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
Yeah...I grew up on dirtbikes and fourwheelers. Raced em, rode trails...I just loved the speed and adrenaline. My 2nd car was a Z28. The only mod I put on was borla exhaust. Wasnt trying to make up for anything...just loved the car.

I know drive a 1999 Land Rover Discovery. Not fast at all...not raised or anything (ironically it also has borla exhaust thought). But I love it. Its got 180,000+ miles on it.
I have 02 disco and LOVE it myself. But I only have 115k on it. runs great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships