Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2015, 12:46 AM

405 posts, read 325,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mental blockstack View Post
If I think a girl is quality relationship material, I'll be glad to wait to have sex with her. These girls are hard to find.

I consider a girl too easy if she is so likely to give it up to a guy she doesn't care about. That pretty much falls under "easy" in my book. If she's going to easily sleep with someone she doesn't care about, she's ONS material more than relationship material. Maybe I'll be the dick in this situation and take her for one fun night, but I'd never be the sucker who gives her a relationship and develops feelings for her.

You're not someone with an uncommon attitude about this, it's extremely common for girls to not want to seem easy to a guy they actually care about. But if you give it up easily to someone you DON'T care about, you're easy, and I wouldn't let myself develop feelings for you. So it doesn't matter who you're being easy with, as long as I find out.
I think a lot of guys have a problem with women who want to take it slow with you for instance, but in the past they gave it up to guys in the past really quick. I understand that some women would do that for a serious relationship, but it could be a turn off for a guy & think he's not as attractive enough as the guys she's been with in the past if she was willing to have sex with them right away or didn't take as long to do it with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2015, 09:53 AM

37,608 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
If I think a girl is quality relationship material, I'll be glad to wait to have sex with her. These girls are hard to find.

I consider a girl too easy if she is so likely to give it up to a guy she doesn't care about. That pretty much falls under "easy" in my book. If she's going to easily sleep with someone she doesn't care about, she's ONS material more than relationship material. Maybe I'll be the dick in this situation and take her for one fun night, but I'd never be the sucker who gives her a relationship and develops feelings for her.

You're not someone with an uncommon attitude about this, it's extremely common for girls to not want to seem easy to a guy they actually care about. But if you give it up easily to someone you DON'T care about, you're easy, and I wouldn't let myself develop feelings for you. So it doesn't matter who you're being easy with, as long as I find out.
So you had to go find a FIVE year old thread to respond to???

Old 09-17-2015, 10:06 AM

4 posts, read 3,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
So you had to go find a FIVE year old thread to respond to???
This thread appeared in a google search that I did.

Old 09-17-2015, 10:09 AM

4 posts, read 3,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey4Life View Post
I think a lot of guys have a problem with women who want to take it slow with you for instance, but in the past they gave it up to guys in the past really quick. I understand that some women would do that for a serious relationship, but it could be a turn off for a guy & think he's not as attractive enough as the guys she's been with in the past if she was willing to have sex with them right away or didn't take as long to do it with them.
I wouldn't take it personally and think it made me less attractive. I just don't think easy girls are relationship material, nor are girls with a lot of past sexual partners.

Old 09-17-2015, 10:24 AM

81 posts, read 72,264 times
Quote:
So let me get this straight: You're willing to wait for someone you think is quality, but a woman can't do the same? Did it ever occur to you that a woman might see a man who would try to get into a woman's pants on the first couple of dates as low quality himself?

Sorry, guys, but like you, women have their Right people and their Tonight people. I had a couple of weird cases where a one-nighter turned into multi-year relationships, which surprised me, but basically, if a man tries to put the moves on me on the first or second date, it tells me that's what he's after. He then gets put into the Tonight bin IF he's good-looking, built, and I'm feeling randy. And then I am done with him. I'm also done with him if I don't sleep with him. It really depends on what's in it for me at that point and what I want to do, since he has put himself in the position of being easy, himself.

Goose, gander.

Old 09-17-2015, 11:31 AM

94 posts, read 104,948 times
Trying not to judge you here but this is one reason why guys don't understand women. The guy you like you make wait? The guy you don't, it's game on? Haha. Doesn't make any sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleCherry View Post
Be honest.

I have a mental rule that if I'm genuinely interested/attracted to guy and want to have a relationship with him, then I keep things slow on the sexual front.

If it's a guy that I don't really care about, I'm not as restrained (even though I use that term loosely because in general, I'm not the promiscuous type at all).

Is it true that once a guy knows he can get sex from a girl easy, he'll never see her as girlfriend material?

Sorry, if this topic has been discussed to death!

Old 09-17-2015, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearEyes650 View Post
Trying not to judge you here but this is one reason why guys don't understand women. The guy you like you make wait? The guy you don't, it's game on? Haha. Doesn't make any sense.
Yeah, that's a huge turn off to a lot of guys whether women know it or not. Personally, I wouldn't be with a woman that's had a lot of casual sex. A woman has the right to have as much sex as she wants, but I just wouldn't feel compatible with her. It's just one of those double standards I suppose.

Old 09-17-2015, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Grey View Post
So let me get this straight: You're willing to wait for someone you think is quality, but a woman can't do the same? Did it ever occur to you that a woman might see a man who would try to get into a woman's pants on the first couple of dates as low quality himself?

Sorry, guys, but like you, women have their Right people and their Tonight people. I had a couple of weird cases where a one-nighter turned into multi-year relationships, which surprised me, but basically, if a man tries to put the moves on me on the first or second date, it tells me that's what he's after. He then gets put into the Tonight bin IF he's good-looking, built, and I'm feeling randy. And then I am done with him. I'm also done with him if I don't sleep with him. It really depends on what's in it for me at that point and what I want to do, since he has put himself in the position of being easy, himself.

Goose, gander.
But you realize that a lot of guys get turned off by women who have sex with particular people right away, than all of a sudden want to make you wait if you want a relationship with them. It's like that shows a man he's not seen as attractive as the ones that the woman has had sex with right away. I know that women say they want to take it slow with guys they want serious relationships with, but a lot of men view that as being seen as not attractive as the casual partners. Call it insecurity or whatever, but I can't exactly blame men for thinking that way.

Old 09-17-2015, 01:25 PM

29,744 posts, read 34,376,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey4Life View Post
But you realize that a lot of guys get turned off by women who have sex with particular people right away, than all of a sudden want to make you wait if you want a relationship with them. It's like that shows a man he's not seen as attractive as the ones that the woman has had sex with right away. I know that women say they want to take it slow with guys they want serious relationships with, but a lot of men view that as being seen as not attractive as the casual partners. Call it insecurity or whatever, but I can't exactly blame men for thinking that way.
How would you even know the timeframe when any particular woman slept with any of her previous partners?

Old 09-17-2015, 01:27 PM

2,362 posts, read 1,923,527 times
ADORE them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships