Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 12:06 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,871,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
He could be one of those hot hunky masculine truck driver dudes.
Artsy, put down the magazine!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2009, 12:14 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,784,725 times
I don't agree with this. Many of the low income areas are loaded with beautiful women from all over the world...Asian, Hispanic, Eastern European etc. You throw a rock in some of the lower income ethnic neighborhoods of L.A., San Diego, NYC, Miami etc., and chances are good you'll hit a hot little Vietnamese, Polish or Mexican girl with it. Beautiful women are everywhere from all economic backgrounds.

Old 04-21-2009, 12:17 PM

482 posts, read 2,418,542 times
Do you ever watch that show millionaire matchmaker? It is usually an OK looking guy looking for a great looking woman to, IMO "purchase" a date with. The women who they interview and decide who to invite to the mixer with the millionaire are made up and dressed to kill. Then if the lady who is the matchmaker suggests the guy needs to cut his hair or dress differently, oh no, he better not need to change, he's the one with $$$$.

Old 04-21-2009, 12:22 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,856,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Ok. Whats your point?
The point? We're rapidly becoming a 2 tiered society, based on looks. Those that have, like to pontificate about how it was hard work and the like but more and more, you need to marry into this society.

The massive number of children born to single mothers (or from predictably short term marriages) is a testament to their desire to get the required genes for upward mobility.

Old 04-21-2009, 12:25 PM

1,532 posts, read 2,648,468 times
Hey supertrucker - There are many of us "middle class" women out here that don't need all that fake crap to be hot! In the end we will all look better than the "plastic surgery queens" when their faces and boobs are falling apart! Not to say that I am against that, but that is not what it takes for a woman to be "hot".

Oh, and by the way, there are a few hot truck drivers out there - - - - my husband is one of them! Lucky for me, he is home every night - you won't be finding him at a truck stop!!!

Old 04-21-2009, 12:36 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
The point? We're rapidly becoming a 2 tiered society, based on looks. Those that have, like to pontificate about how it was hard work and the like but more and more, you need to marry into this society.

The massive number of children born to single mothers (or from predictably short term marriages) is a testament to their desire to get the required genes for upward mobility.
Yeah yeah, we've all heard your -women are gold diggers and incapable of supporting themselves so there only option is to marry wealthy men. blah blah blah.

Its pretty obvious wealthy people appear more attractive. Yes, they have money for procedures and time for the gym, hair dresser, manicures, nice clothes, etc. I bet they dont even sweat or fart. Who cares if supertrucker values hottness over inner beauty.

Old 04-21-2009, 12:46 PM

145 posts, read 301,705 times
In vary few ways money is a factor in the looks area ,but you are correct on the point when you have money they can Afford to get breast implants, get plastic surgery.This is about all of your statement that makes any kinda since.Maybe you like the plastic look (barbie would be proud ) but as far as saying that people that disagree with you because they are unattractive (or broke as you are saying) is just rubbish.You make a honest living as a truck driver no shame in that but shame on you for trying to tell all the women here that money has a certain look and if you can not afford it you are not attractive that's just plain crazy. Now try having a big glass of personality.

Old 04-21-2009, 12:51 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
i respectfully disagree. as men move up they tend to give away their power, power drain. so you got 6 figure guys borrowing lunch money from their subordinates.
women like power, but lose interest in the source once they have got it.
never prepay for a swimming pool.
interesting side note, the abnormal behavior that makes you a winner and creates that big fat W-2, is odious to a woman.

Old 04-21-2009, 12:53 PM

1,462 posts, read 4,868,386 times
Default More wealth usually equals hotter women

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrucker212 View Post
I'm sure I'll step on some toes here. It has been my observation over the years that the more affluent an area is the better looking the women are. For instance, when I lived up in Madison, MS, (which is affluent, tough to live there if you make less than six digits), women of all ages were gorgeous. I'm not religious, but when I did go to church I could sit there an easily see myself banging 70% of the women in the congregation. The 30% I wouldn't were either old and gray or jailbait. I now live in Ocean Springs which is much more middle class, but I've seen very few attractive women. I can just hear some people saying; "well its not fair, they have more money so they can get breast implants, get plastic surgery, and afford health club memberships." Life's not fair get used to it. More money equals more options. As far as looks are concerned, they count! Anyone who says they don't is either unattractive & jealous or they are so full of crap their eyes are probably brown. While I wouldn't want to date a super-model with the personality of a rock, I want nothing to do with a girl that is a great person but not physically attractive. That's the way it is.
Ok, not surprised with your scenario here with the attractiveness of your potential "main squeeze"...however....you do realize that no matter how much money YOU may have, you too are going to get old and things will start to "head south" meaning, gravity will take over and eventually you will be hauling your stomach up to find where "things are located". On top of the gravity factor kicking in eventually, your bad attitude about women in general will simply increase the intensity of your thinking that you will only be appreciated by drop dead gorgeous women....and it just ain't so. Got news for you "buddy".....a great looking woman won't look at you either when it comes time for you to figure out how to bend over and tie your own shoes over your beer belly.

Maybe it makes a difference for you to have a physically attractive woman in your life and of course that is ok.....your choice. However, if your woman can't and won't have any part of tending to your needs as you get older and YOUR looks are slowly dwindling...then you deserve to spend the rest of your years alone and probably will because you were to shallow to choose a woman who was beautiful on the inside as well as the outside. That's way it REALLY is so have fun with your beautiful, arm candy while you can still keep gravity at bay!!

Oh by the way, I have never been rich, nor have any of my 4 sisters and we are all great looking women with great husbands...a woman can look beautiful and spend very little money if she knows how to take good care of herself it costs little or nothing..your theory is totally off kilter!

Old 04-21-2009, 01:35 PM

19,637 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Supertrucker, did some 'lil gal step all over your heart with stiletto heels? You just seem a tad bitter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships