Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 09:35 PM

37,617 posts, read 45,996,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidmom View Post
Will news such as this change your personal online dating habits? Why or why not?
No, this wouldn't change a thing for me. I'm already very cautious - I'm pretty much an old hand at it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2009, 10:00 PM

318 posts, read 820,728 times
I don't think the one that got murdered was a prostitute, was she? The police did find a massage table in the room. How ironic that the guy who was studying to save lives was ruthless enough to take one.

HOnestly, I would NEVER date anyone I met online. I wouldn't even consider meeting them. Dating sites are known to attract all types to psychos. No offense.

Old 04-21-2009, 10:05 PM

37,617 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaydenJ View Post
HOnestly, I would NEVER date anyone I met online. I wouldn't even consider meeting them. Dating sites are known to attract all types to psychos. No offense.
No offense taken.

It's not for everyone. But that is pretty much the ONLY way I find prospective suitors.

Old 04-22-2009, 03:11 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,431,077 times
The way I see it, prostitutes have always been a target for serial killers. Look at any book on serial killers and you will undeniably find at least one that killed prostitutes over a period of years. This is not an isolated event. There are men that have many issues with prostitutes and they always end up justifying these murders. So you see them on t.v. and they look like they just came home from saving mother earth. or something. They have no visible signs of guilt. And more than likely, if these men are not imprisoned, they will do it again and again until they get caught or die. Prostitution is a very dangerous "job". If anyone should be afraid, its them.

Old 04-22-2009, 03:45 AM

3,853 posts, read 12,867,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
The way I see it, prostitutes have always been a target for serial killers. Look at any book on serial killers and you will undeniably find at least one that killed prostitutes over a period of years. This is not an isolated event. There are men that have many issues with prostitutes and they always end up justifying these murders. So you see them on t.v. and they look like they just came home from saving mother earth. or something. They have no visible signs of guilt. And more than likely, if these men are not imprisoned, they will do it again and again until they get caught or die. Prostitution is a very dangerous "job". If anyone should be afraid, its them.
No kidding. The most famous serial kill in history, jack the ripper, killed prostitutes.

None the less though, if this med school student wanted to bang around, why the hell get a fiance in the first place! Idiot.

Old 04-22-2009, 07:14 AM

159 posts, read 806,537 times
YIKES.. thats all i can say. Craigslist is getting creepy. i was laid-off recently and used it to get a job- 90% of the ads i relied to were fake. ppl saying lets meet at starbucks- YIKES!

Old 04-22-2009, 07:30 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,606,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
No offense taken.

It's not for everyone. But that is pretty much the ONLY way I find prospective suitors.
You should try e-harmony then. I can't believe they rejected this guy, sounds like a winner to me

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d... (broken link)

Old 04-22-2009, 09:42 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,546,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
No doubt they should be afraid. The deal with a lot of these loonies is that they have issues with women. Hookers are bottom of the barrel and a lot more accessible. Email them, offer them money and they're there. The rest take some work, though not a lot on CL apparently.

Old 04-22-2009, 12:04 PM

4,895 posts, read 14,140,308 times
If I want sex, I call my boyfriend, much safer.

Old 04-22-2009, 03:10 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,431,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer2021 View Post
No kidding. The most famous serial kill in history, jack the ripper, killed prostitutes.

None the less though, if this med school student wanted to bang around, why the hell get a fiance in the first place! Idiot.
More than likely he wasn't trying to just have sex on the side. He probably went into it knowing that he was going to murder her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships