Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 05:18 PM

283 posts, read 934,445 times

Advertisements

what do you guys think of couples who can't be away from eachother? How do those relationships usually work out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2009, 05:23 PM

1,003 posts, read 2,430,439 times
My husband is my best friend and nothing is as fun without him.

I love his company so much that I want to be with him all the time

Old 05-11-2009, 05:26 PM

1,384 posts, read 4,295,206 times
That is how my boyfriend and I are. I mean.. we "can" be apart.. but if we have a choice we prefer to stay together. We have been dating for 3.5 years and live together. I don't think there is anything wrong with spending lots of time together if you both enjoy it.

Old 05-11-2009, 06:24 PM

3,853 posts, read 12,868,092 times
It is called infatuation, a foolish and usually extravagant passion or love or admiration.

Always being around the other person is excessive and hence not normal. It'll last six months or less then go south.

If it lasts longer it is definitely not normal.

Old 05-11-2009, 06:31 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer2021 View Post
It is called infatuation, a foolish and usually extravagant passion or love or admiration.

Always being around the other person is excessive and hence not normal. It'll last six months or less then go south.

If it lasts longer it is definitely not normal.
My wife and I have been together almost 9 years, married for 5 and we love nothing more than to spend as much time together as possible. Like the other posters said, things just arent as much fun without her as they are with her.

Sounds like someone is lonely and wishes they had someone who wanted to be with them.

Old 05-11-2009, 06:34 PM

1,089 posts, read 2,399,226 times
My brother and his wife have been married for 25 years and they're hardly ever apart. They not only live together but also worship together and work together. Once every few years she leaves the country to visit relatives and to look at him you'd think he just misplaced his keys before an appointment.

Probably the best part is that even though he was a natural follower when they got married. Instead of hen-pecking and controlling him, she has worked very hard to build his self-esteem up and encouraged him to take the lead. So much so that she now jokes that she's created a monster

Old 05-11-2009, 06:34 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,011,851 times
Hahahahaha, OK, cue the "lovers toilet" or whatever it was called!

Old 05-11-2009, 07:13 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Hahahahaha, OK, cue the "lovers toilet" or whatever it was called!
I wish I could find that clip! It was on SNL way back in the 90's and it had Victoria Jackson and I think Kevin Nealon sitting on a dual two seater toilet holding hands. It was funny!

Old 05-11-2009, 07:17 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times
I have a friend who met this guy and after a few weeks were married. These two can't be apart to save their hides. They met at a dance I took her to so that she could get over her divorce from the last dipsh*t she married. So, she meets this guy at a dance, and they start taking group dance classes together. In a group dance class you rotate the line and dance with other people - that's how you learn in a group class. These two refuse to participate in the group class - the rotation part - because they're so afraid someone else is gonna "move in" on them. If they want to be all clingy and sh*t, like Klingons, they need to take private lessons - not be in a group where, by its very definition, you are dancing WITH THE GROUP. Drives me nuts!!!

Old 05-12-2009, 12:37 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,357,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msboom View Post
what do you guys think of couples who can't be away from eachother? How do those relationships usually work out?
of the longlasting marriages I know of that are the happiest, this sums up the couples... people of the oldest generation on down to the youngest...

it's not that they can't hack being apart from each other, it's that they have so much in common and enjoy each other's company so much that "togetherness" is just natural to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships