Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 06:07 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,959,965 times

Advertisements

Jesse,

What do you mean go to a museum?

And please describe for all of us in full detail how terrible AIDS can be.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
Superinfection with an HIV+ partner?! That's crazy terrible news! Just go to a museum and see how terrible AIDS is to suffering victims! IN NO WAY IS IT A POSITIVE ASPECT IN A BETTER VIEW OF THE SHORTNESS OF LIFE!

Then that guy show be celibate, and if he craves "gay action" then he show get a blow up doll or mannequin and stick a nice strap - on to it! - Just giving a nice creative solution! It's terrible and a crime and like murder to infect someone with AIDS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2009, 06:08 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,959,965 times
My complaint ........ is why can't guys just give each other hand sessions. Why can't they just be ok with that and kissing?
Why does it have to be intercourse. You will have the same result. The orgasm. See some men are morons. They never get it through their thick head that sex really isn't that fantastic when it is casual and unsafe, and then when they are HIV + they still want to have sex, well forget it, that's a stupid idea.

Old 05-19-2009, 06:14 PM

1,091 posts, read 3,593,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stilldirrty View Post
Now I am a gay male who is attracted to some female. But I am not the one who is HIV positive.

I have story about my pretty much best friend who turned positive a little while back
He got the disease by being drunk, and taking an advantage by another male who did him with no condom. So he wasn't promiscious, he was a guy put into a bad situation. Though most cases are transmitted through sex (Mostly promiscious behavior in high-income countries) Me being a med major I've studied this a lot.

He has sworn to be celibate for the rest of his life because he does not want to transmit the disease to others. Does that make him sort of a hero in a way?

I asked him "Why can't you enjoy sex, as long as you disclose your status in a relationship. And if you get rejected. You get rejected for the disease not because of you who are as a person" He said he cannot handle that type of rejection so by "Publicaly announcing" His celibacy. He completely gave up alcohol, and partying. And sex forever.

We are told that sex is part of human nature. Is that really true though? I mean we do live in a civilized society. We can control our emotions how do monks do it? His story was really fascinating.
I think your friend is taking the ethical course.
I don't know if it makes him a hero, exactly. I guess in this self-centered day and age, such concern for others might be considered heroic. Comparatively.

Some people do not wish to have intimate relationships except with people they care about.
And some people would not willingly expose people they love or care about to the risk of an incurable disease, even if the loved one wished it.
Protecting the health of loved ones, even if that requires some personal sacrifice, is a very ethical thing to do.

Old 05-21-2009, 10:33 AM

399 posts, read 554,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
he can still be intimate with out exposing his partner to the disease.

sex is good. its great actually. particulrly because it is one way to gauge chemistry in a relationship.

if you think sex is insignificant, then you think yourself insignificant...
But that is a biased opinion.

You can say that people who think sex is overatted aren't worthy. Then people who love sex, are they whores?

Both answers are No. But that maybe a biased opinion too. lol

Old 05-21-2009, 12:03 PM
'M'

1,956 posts, read 3,204,402 times
Quote:
Now I am a gay male who is attracted to some female. But I am not the one who is HIV positive.

I have story about my pretty much best friend who turned positive a little while back
He got the disease by being drunk, and taking an advantage by another male who did him with no condom. So he wasn't promiscious, he was a guy put into a bad situation. Though most cases are transmitted through sex (Mostly promiscious behavior in high-income countries) Me being a med major I've studied this a lot.

He has sworn to be celibate for the rest of his life because he does not want to transmit the disease to others. Does that make him sort of a hero in a way?

I asked him "Why can't you enjoy sex, as long as you disclose your status in a relationship. And if you get rejected. You get rejected for the disease not because of you who are as a person" He said he cannot handle that type of rejection so by "Publicaly announcing" His celibacy. He completely gave up alcohol, and partying. And sex forever.

We are told that sex is part of human nature. Is that really true though? I mean we do live in a civilized society. We can control our emotions how do monks do it? His story was really fascinating.
Sounds like your friend is overreacting. This is tough stuff!!! He may swing back toward mid center after a while. This issue is a difficult one. I hope he doesn't lose sight of the fact that in his case, full disclosure of his diagnosis and is paramount.

Old 05-21-2009, 12:17 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,551,567 times
[quote=Jesse69;8858282]He should be celibate and not infect other HIV - people... If he does need a partner he should get an HIV + partner.
Quote:

You can re-infect someone and they can re-infect you if you engage in unrpotected (or failed protected) sex due to the different strains.
Quote:
And I think AIDS is God's punishment for promiscuous sex and Homosexuality / Lesbianism.
What did the transfusion patients, heathcare workers, babies and anyone else you haven't described do to deserve this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebanker View Post
CESpeed, while I normally respect ur opinion in this forum, I have to disagree with you on this one. Once you have HIV, you lose the priviledge of having ANY form of sex with HIV negative people period.
I don't see where she disputed that in the post you are referencing below:

Quote:
This is the one of the sickest things I have ever read. While it is true God does not approve of promiscuity (homosexual or hetrosexual) his still loves the people who engage in those activities. HIV/AIDS is not "divine retribution". They are diseases like every other disease. It's spread by people who do not take precautions.

Old 05-21-2009, 03:19 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,669,044 times
all opinions are biased. it is your opinion after all.

but what exactly are you getting at?

Quote:
But that is a biased opinion.

You can say that people who think sex is overatted aren't worthy. Then people who love sex, are they whores?

Both answers are No. But that maybe a biased opinion too. lol

Old 05-21-2009, 03:27 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,669,044 times
sex is what the person makes it.

i know someone who waited to be intimate until they knew the person more. they really do not have great sex. the sex is bad. it would have been bad at the begining when they barely met, it is bad now that they know each other.

sex might be more "significant" once you know someone, but thats because you have put that value on it.

others have not given it such weight, and that is not bad. that is fine. i am not going to judge them. if they wan to engage in sex on a first date, go ahead.

they might find some real hapiness there.

thats fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
My complaint ........ is why can't guys just give each other hand sessions. Why can't they just be ok with that and kissing?
Why does it have to be intercourse. You will have the same result. The orgasm. See some men are morons. They never get it through their thick head that sex really isn't that fantastic when it is casual and unsafe, and then when they are HIV + they still want to have sex, well forget it, that's a stupid idea.
but i must be honest. a hand job and intercourse are not the same thing. they are not. yes they result in the same outcome (ejaculation) but is that what sex is really about for you?

sex is intimacy and open-ness. its chemestry, its a connection. if someone wants to be that open with someone on a first date, go ahead. if they want to wait, GO AHEAD.

but sex is good.

if you are just getting banged in a bathroom over and over, with out all the wonderful courtship and foreplay (short or prolonged) then maybe you might think that sex is over rated...

Old 05-21-2009, 05:56 PM

399 posts, read 554,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'M' View Post
Sounds like your friend is overreacting. This is tough stuff!!! He may swing back toward mid center after a while. This issue is a difficult one. I hope he doesn't lose sight of the fact that in his case, full disclosure of his diagnosis and is paramount.

I don't think he is overreacting. He has been celibate since Late August.

Old 05-21-2009, 06:06 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,516,854 times
Quote:

Why would you even question his motives or actions? I think he is acting responsibly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships