Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 10:27 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,455,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Because she has a chemical imbalance. Let's be for real.
Artsyguy,

I know you are fooling around, but be careful what you say. She is just a kid. Ups and downs are a part of life and something we all go through.

W.

Old 05-20-2009, 11:09 AM

5,012 posts, read 7,876,358 times
Go fishing. Broken Bow is a pretty good lake, is it not? Hit up a few concerts too. Catch up with some old high school friends. Live it up. It's summer time. No school, no real responsibilities. Everyone here envious of our age. I'd recommend getting a job too in a somewhat social setting so you can meet new people (waiting tables or something).

Old 05-20-2009, 11:12 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,963,301 times
She is over 18 and about to graduate college and is not a child.

Look OP, just try to relax and watch TV, cartoons, movies, and play video games. Do what Twinkle Toes advised. I agree with her and the person who said you should call and around to see if you can do some volunteer work. Do that. Read some self help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
Artsyguy,

I know you are fooling around, but be careful what you say. She is just a kid. Ups and downs are a part of life and something we all go through.

W.

Old 06-03-2009, 09:27 PM
VV4

1 posts, read 1,480 times
Default Things you can do

You could probably make a list of things that have happened in your life, that you are thankful for and write down how that made you feel when you did these things. That is called a gratitude journal.

If you can't get out of the house then maybe you could get a book to read, and escape with the book.

You can take joy rides every now and then, and just take time to enjoy the surroundings.

You can talk to family members and bond with them. Watch tv together. Play games.

If you are really down you can go through the summer blues with music.

And if all that doesn't work then you can try exercising - try running in your neighborhood. You get what is called a runner's high.

Final thing - Pray.

Old 06-03-2009, 09:58 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,721,571 times
You could try to get a summer job if you don't have one already and save up some money. Try to make connections with old High school friends, join a gym. There are probably a lot of fun things to do this summer in your area that you're over looking like concerts and the like.

I'm starting to get really lonely and bored and a little depressed too now that I'm out of college for the summer. I'm thinking about looking for a second job during the week even.

I think at this age, it's perfectly normal to be feeling a little depressed, especially if you have a lot of fun at college. At the end of college (or sooner for some) I think we start to face a lot of new responsibilities and it's scary and worrisome (at least it is for me). At least you seem to have an idea of where you're headed and some goals, since you do have an internship, which is good.

Best of luck!

Old 06-03-2009, 10:00 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,191,027 times
Lordie, Lordie, why can't I be depressed being on vacation all summer and having my Mom wait on me hand and foot...?!

Old 06-03-2009, 10:02 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,259,115 times
Go volunteer as a mentor, tutor, etc...sitting around the house all day would drive anyone into depression! Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships