Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 01:46 AM

52,306 posts, read 52,756,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
hmmm not sure about that one Chow.

I can remember times in my life when I've been considered "popular" based on my looks and I'd have preferred to be left alone.

Not saying I'm even in the same league as Selma (THANKFULLY! ) but looks or being appealing to others isn't always a great thing.
I'm so handsome I wouldn't know of such problems.

J/K

I don't always know how valuable looks really are........

Sometimes it's all just overated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2009, 01:49 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,442,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

J/K

Chow. Go to sleep.

Old 05-25-2009, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Chow. Go to sleep.

LOL that's funny

I'm about to go to bed right now.

Old 05-25-2009, 02:08 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,908,039 times
Quote:

J/K

Never laid eyes on ya so I wouldn't know!

Frankly I find your humour and personality to be attractive here in cyberspace, not sure how that translates for you in real life, but I don't get the impression that you're a Jeckyll and Hyde. I'm assuming that who you are in real life is a similar deal to what we see here.

Some people have no qualms about making a buck from being pretty and power to them. I just figure it would be an empty kind of life if that's all you had. All you ever were. Even supposing I had what it took, the whole thing just doesn't do it for me. I'd much rather have people attracted to me because of who I am, how I think, the things I say and do, than how I look. AND I don't want nobody attracted to me that I'm not attracted to! Coz that just creeps me out!

What the hell would I know anyway? Maybe the smart ones are the Salmas and the Nicoles making money from how they look? Just not sure I could live with all the hype. It's why I never became a famous rock star!

Old 05-25-2009, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Never laid eyes on ya so I wouldn't know!

Frankly I find your humour and personality to be attractive here in cyberspace, not sure how that translates for you in real life, but I don't get the impression that you're a Jeckyll and Hyde. I'm assuming that who you are in real life is a similar deal to what we see here.
My personality and such is just a sign.

I'm far more than that.

That's what all of the self help guru's say anyway.

Old 05-25-2009, 02:22 AM

Quote:
My personality and such is just a sign.

I'm far more than that.

That's what all of the self help guru's say anyway.
They say a lot of things don't they?

Think I've paid far too much attention to them over the years!

We're all more than how we look. More than how we appear.

What do you reckon Salma would be like? In real life? I always think she'd be alright on account she did that movie Freida but then she is there in Hollywood with the minions all around, that's gotta have an affect on a person after a while.

Old 05-25-2009, 02:29 AM

1,293 posts, read 3,191,186 times
Quote:
They say a lot of things don't they?

Think I've paid far too much attention to them over the years!

We're all more than how we look. More than how we appear.

What do you reckon Salma would be like? In real life? I always think she'd be alright on account she did that movie Freida but then she is there in Hollywood with the minions all around, that's gotta have an affect on a person after a while.
Meh. Never got the moviestar/rockstar I wanna date/bang thing. 99.9% of 'em are fruitloops that just happened to luck out. Plenty of hotter, smarter, and more overall desireable people living in obscurity.

Old 05-25-2009, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynec613 View Post
Meh. Never got the moviestar/rockstar I wanna date/bang thing. 99.9% of 'em are fruitloops that just happened to luck out. Plenty of hotter, smarter, and more overall desireable people living in obscurity.
Obscurity is where it's at!

I've only swayed from that ^ way of thinking a couple of times and I like to rationalize it and say it's in particular circumstances and probably has something to do with the styling. Like when Ed Ved lets his hair down in the Unplugged video! And Chris Cornell for the entire Jesus Christ Pose film clip! (my guilty pleasures! How shameful! )

I saw it a lot at uni. I chose community theatre because I enjoy all aspects of it including acting but a lot of the kids I was with saw it as a stepping stone to the ultimate, MOVIES and STARDOM! Uuugh!

Old 05-25-2009, 02:48 AM

Quote:
LOL that's funny

I'm about to go to bed right now.

Chow. Thank goodness I was just kidding. LOL.

Old 05-25-2009, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynec613 View Post

It would be a sad world if there was only cute people on t.v., right Wayne?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships