Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 02:53 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,439,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Obscurity is where it's at!

I've only swayed from that ^ way of thinking a couple of times and I like to rationalize it and say it's in particular circumstances and probably has something to do with the styling. Like when Ed Ved lets his hair down in the Unplugged video! And Chris Cornell for the entire Jesus Christ Pose film clip! (my guilty pleasures! How shameful! )

I saw it a lot at uni. I chose community theatre because I enjoy all aspects of it including acting but a lot of the kids I was with saw it as a stepping stone to the ultimate, MOVIES and STARDOM! Uuugh!
Stardom is not my thing either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2009, 02:59 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,906,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Stardom is not my thing either.
Has it ever put you off?

I can just remember when I was younger and really wanting to get into performing and swinging between being terrified I'd never be good enough or worse, discovering I was and then having people all over me wanting to know EVERYTHING! Whenever I see celebs being stalked by the paparazzi now I feel so sorry for them, I mean I know, they've got such hard lives right but still, who'd want to stagger down the street first thing in the morning sans make-up, in your sweats just looking for a cup of coffee and have cameras everywhere and some ridiculous story turn up in every national publication about how you'd let yourself go?

Old 05-25-2009, 03:10 AM

1,293 posts, read 3,190,832 times
Quote:
[/b]

It would be a sad world if there was only cute people on t.v., right Wayne?
Exactly!

I mean it's not totally excluded on my part, my first crush, which I don't think I ever completely forgot was Lalla Ward when I was like 8 yrs old from older Dr Who re-runs on PBS here. Even in recent photo's that woman is insanely cute, and I think she's a year or two older than my mother. I can only really think of perhaps 2 others offhand that I thought were "what I'd want" though since then. Whatsherface from the charley's angel's remakes, and I think the other movie I remember her in was "There's something about Mary". Cute, hot, intelligent, relatively down to earth, always smiling, polite, but can't for the life of me recall her name. Then there's John Cusack's sis, Joan.

Even then though I've dated women and certainly seen/spoken to other women I thought were just as good if not far better in many respects.

Last edited by Waynec613; 05-25-2009 at 03:42 AM..

Old 05-25-2009, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynec613 View Post
Exactly!

I mean it's not totally excluded on my part, my first crush, which I don't think I ever completely forgot was Lalla Ward when I was like 8 yrs old from older Dr Who re-runs on PBS here. Even in recent photo's that woman is insanely cute, and I think she's a year or two older than my mother. I can only really think of perhaps 2 others offhand that I thought were "what I'd want" though since then. Whatsherface from the charley's angel's remakes, and I think the other movie I remember her in was "There's something about Mary". Cute, hot, intelligent, relatively down to earth, always smiling, polite, but can't for the life of me recall her name. Then there's John Cusack's sis, Joan.

Even then though I've dated women and certainly seen/spoken to other women I thought were just as good if not far better in many respects.

Yeah, I think you are referring to Cameron Diaz. She has a great bubbly personality.

You're right, some stars from Hollywood have such low opinion of themselves, you see them doing all kinds of stupid things. Whereas some people in real life are just very self confident and helping everyone they meet.

Old 05-25-2009, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Has it ever put you off?

I can just remember when I was younger and really wanting to get into performing and swinging between being terrified I'd never be good enough or worse, discovering I was and then having people all over me wanting to know EVERYTHING! Whenever I see celebs being stalked by the paparazzi now I feel so sorry for them, I mean I know, they've got such hard lives right but still, who'd want to stagger down the street first thing in the morning sans make-up, in your sweats just looking for a cup of coffee and have cameras everywhere and some ridiculous story turn up in every national publication about how you'd let yourself go?
When I was younger I wanted to be like a back up dancer . The dance and the music and the stage were fantastic, I just never really wanted to be the lead singer or anything like that. Especially one where everyone knows who you are in every country . You cant even go into your backyard without some prowler taking pictures behind the bushes. Its insane.

Old 05-25-2009, 04:27 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,906,516 times
Quote:
When I was younger I wanted to be like a back up dancer . The dance and the music and the stage were fantastic, I just never really wanted to be the lead singer or anything like that. Especially one where everyone knows who you are in every country . You cant even go into your backyard without some prowler taking pictures behind the bushes. Its insane.
Yeah, it's certainly never been a motivator for me and I never managed to work out how you could do what you love without getting good at it and actually being famous.

I don't think I'll ever understand paparazzi.

I suppose you don't know the Solid Gold dancers? That's what I'd have loved to do.

Old 05-25-2009, 04:30 AM

1,293 posts, read 3,190,832 times
Quote:
Yeah, it's certainly never been a motivator for me and I never managed to work out how you could do what you love without getting good at it and actually being famous.

I don't think I'll ever understand paparazzi.

I suppose you don't know the Solid Gold dancers? That's what I'd have loved to do.
I was always partial to the Soooooooooooooul Train...

Old 05-25-2009, 07:12 AM

1,089 posts, read 2,399,738 times
I had a little taste of fame awhile back and for me it got really old really fast, and I'm talking about the fans. I can't even imagine what it would be like to be followed around by paparazzi and have trashy rags gossip about you 24/7.

If my experience is any indication then to be a celebrity you need to be one or a combination of:

1) Too dumb to realize what's going on around you.
2) Too high to realize what's going on around you.
3) Unbelievably conceited to actually enjoy it.
3) Totally crazy to actually enjoy it.

Old 05-25-2009, 01:27 PM

19,432 posts, read 15,259,370 times
There would be no quicker way to drive me insane than for me to be famous and stared at, followed, etc., incessantly. Yes, I feel so sorry for celebrities having to deal with that.

Old 05-25-2009, 01:34 PM

179 posts, read 611,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
I had a little taste of fame awhile back and for me it got really old really fast, and I'm talking about the fans. I can't even imagine what it would be like to be followed around by paparazzi and have trashy rags gossip about you 24/7.

If my experience is any indication then to be a celebrity you need to be one or a combination of:

1) Too dumb to realize what's going on around you.
2) Too high to realize what's going on around you.
3) Unbelievably conceited to actually enjoy it.
3) Totally crazy to actually enjoy it.
Out of curiosity, what was your fame based in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships