Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 08:54 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,846,992 times

Advertisements

We got a new hire at work who has been acting very strange with me. At first he acted like he really liked me, came on very strong by always going out of his way for me and being extra nice. But all of a sudden, he switched. Now he is borderline rude to me, quick to discount my ideas or try to make me feel unimportant in some way, like I don't count.

I have put him in his place a few times now so he has been backing down, but other people have noticed how agitated he seems by my presence and the undertone of aggression he uses with me.

Why would a guy act this way towards a girl? Do you think it was a crush gone bad?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2015, 08:57 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,725,991 times
No he just sounds like a jerk.

Don't worry about it.

Anytime someone is mean to me...I NEVER assume they like me or have a crush on me. This isn't elementary school anymore.

Old 03-10-2015, 09:09 PM

914 posts, read 766,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stava View Post
We got a new hire at work who has been acting very strange with me. At first he acted like he really liked me, came on very strong by always going out of his way for me and being extra nice. But all of a sudden, he switched. Now he is borderline rude to me, quick to discount my ideas or try to make me feel unimportant in some way, like I don't count.

I have put him in his place a few times now so he has been backing down, but other people have noticed how agitated he seems by my presence and the undertone of aggression he uses with me.

Why would a guy act this way towards a girl? Do you think it was a crush gone bad?
Ahh hell naw!! Don't let this new kid on the block come in there and try to buffalo you! You have your seniority, you earned it, so he better be on his P's and Q's or you could make his life very difficult. FNGs

Old 03-11-2015, 07:14 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,994,360 times
He's bi-polar.

Old 03-11-2015, 07:18 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times
Sounds unstable. Good candidate for not being retained after the probationary period.

Old 03-11-2015, 07:23 AM

1,178 posts, read 1,361,642 times
You may never know what is going on in his head to cause him to act the way he does. You could go up to him and say..."hi...I was wondering if there was something I said or did that caused you to get upset with me?" instead of wondering and worrying about it. That way he can decide to be open with you and talk to you face to face, or continue to act like a jerk. If he chooses the latter, I would just try to get along with him as best as you can since you have to work with him. His behavior is his and try not to make it affect you and your performance at work and be grateful he is not your boss.

Old 03-11-2015, 08:12 AM

2,401 posts, read 3,644,056 times
Hes a new hire. He was just trying to impress his new colleagues at first, but the novelty has worn off. Hes bored of the work and thinking its not all it was hyped up to be. I dont think his behavior is any indicator of a crush. He just needs motivation, a pizza party, something.

Old 03-11-2015, 08:28 AM

61,743 posts, read 87,194,708 times
Maybe he was told by his supervisors to stop adoring you, and now he switched his behavior to the opposite?
Ask him why he is rude to you. He would have to say something...

Old 03-11-2015, 08:37 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,794,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stava View Post

Well, let's look at it this way: You are in a work environment. No matter what happened he shouldn't be telegraphing his personal dissatisfaction with you. He is out of line. That he thinks he has a right to display his personal assessment of you in a work environment where such opinions should be irrelevant tells me he has narcissistic tendencies.

A great way to defuse such bozos is to keep strictly professional with him and wait until he has a meltdown from having to interact with you professionally. Usually they will resort to asking management not to have to work with you for unexplained or made up reasons.

Or, if you want to beat him to the punch, do everything you can to avoid working with him without complaining or consulting management. Work with him when you have no choice but, when you are free to do so, avoid him.

Such characters sometimes use their disrespectful behavior in order to draw a confrontation in order to control their victim. He wants you to complain about his behavior to management so you become the complainer and thorn in management's side, not him. Instead of approaching him about discounting your ideas, just be better at playing his game. Avoid him, counter his professional opinions and errors when appropriate, and point out his unprofessionalism in any way that doesn't paint you as a %$#* stirrer.

Old 03-11-2015, 08:44 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,872,913 times
He got scared about losing his job over this, then convinced himself subconsciously it would be better not to like you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships