Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 05:25 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,221,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopac1980 View Post
I was thinking that some woman who the crackhead has known from the past would take pity on him and she'll do whatever she could to help the crackhead get his life together.
If you need help you should ask for it, family, friends, whomever. There are programs an treatment. Good luck on this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2013, 06:12 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,673,116 times
Quote:
If a wonderful woman enters a crackhead's life is it possible that the crackhead will find so much warmth, joy and happiness in his friendship with the wonderful woman that he'll easily give up crack without going to rehab cause of the warmth, joy, happiness he was getting from this wonderful woman and it made him find something to live for?
I played this game when I was a pothead in high school and college.

"I love weed, but I'll give it up for you."

Worked like a charm.....

Too bad women become smarter. What's up with that?

Old 02-23-2013, 08:53 PM

50,799 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Quote:
If a wonderful woman enters a crackhead's life is it possible that the crackhead will find so much warmth, joy and happiness in his friendship with the wonderful woman that he'll easily give up crack without going to rehab cause of the warmth, joy, happiness he was getting from this wonderful woman and it made him find something to live for?
He has a disease. You asking that is no different than asking if your love could cure his cancer.

Old 02-23-2013, 09:40 PM

1,122 posts, read 3,506,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by excrackheadsex View Post
Well, that appears to be exactly what happened with my ex. For all the time I knew him, he was in and out of prison, abusive, a thief, an incredibly believable liar and a horrible person. He took now interest in his son, actually he was abusive to him too. Of course this is all of my fault. Now, his life appears to have totally changed. Has a girl, who loves his a**, has been at the same job for 4 years, has been promoted to a manager, has a new son with his girlfriend, and has just purchased a house. It amazes me how much he has changed, he appears to be a normal person, leading a normal life. Can this really be true? He started smoking crack in the late "80's. In awe and amazement.
Some people with addictions do recover and it sounds like your ex is on his way. But I can assure you that it has nothing to do with his new girlfriend. Love doesn't cure addiction. In fact is has nothing to do with it. Addiction is so much stronger than anyone's love.

Old 10-03-2013, 08:19 AM

1 posts, read 1,626 times
No. Answer is no... I am that woman!

Old 02-02-2014, 11:16 AM

1 posts, read 1,518 times
Default God saves

I've been with my bf 6 years. He spent 500-1000 a day.
He like crack,roxys,loratab,but crack was his drug.of.choice.
We lost.our home,boys,everything. I never did drugs. I couldn't understand.

God saved him and delivered him. I left him for 2 years,he come back for me. God is the only answer.

Old 02-02-2014, 04:21 PM

458 posts, read 645,083 times
LOL
This thread is horrible!

Old 02-02-2014, 05:04 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,430,926 times
Lmao

Old 02-04-2014, 08:03 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,846,321 times
Lack of self-love is the root problem, on the part of the crackhead. Anyone who has chosen the path of addiction is in a bad place internally. You can love them and you might make them feel good for a minute, but ultimately they have to go on the hard journey of recovery themselves. Plus, a crackhead (or any addict) is in NO place to love another person, they're incapable of it.

Old 02-06-2014, 03:10 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
Quote:
It seems like you don't really understand addiction.

However, if he's looking to get away from the drug and that girl is someone to help him along the road; it could definitely be a positive influence in his life.

A girl that thinks she's going to come in and change his life and make him change his ways is in for one hell of a wakeup call.

Don't know, maybe I'll see something like this on the Hallmark channel or Oxygen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships