Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 04:46 PM

24 posts, read 41,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Mizz Pittsburgh View Post
You're paranoid with a guilty conscience. How will he find out? Unless the work guy has balls enough to go running his mouth to your husband. In that case, DENY...DENY..DENY!

Are you single?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2009, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Mizz Pittsburgh View Post
You're paranoid with a guilty conscience. How will he find out? Unless the work guy has balls enough to go running his mouth to your husband. In that case, DENY...DENY..DENY!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS. Confused View Post
we are really working on our issues.......but like i said........we do love eachother......and cannot picture my life without my husband........some of our major issues are never having ANY time only.....my oldest is almost 10 and we have gone out without the kids maybe 9 times in 10 years.....

Wait, you have kids? What are you doing kissing other men? I'm sorry, i dont understand. Unless your husband doesnt give you the time of day...but this, honesty is the most important things here if you ever want to be happy.

Old 06-15-2009, 06:44 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,552,477 times
Don't tell him! If you really want your marriage to succeed, please don't say anything. This was something that happened when you were vulnerable, and you stopped it before it went too far. Give yourself some credit for that. Should you have kissed your co-worker? No, of course not. But at this point, your husband and children (and believe me, they would also find out if you told him!) don't need to bear that burden. Confess to a priest, dig a hole in the ground and confess to it... You get my point.

You can't build your marriage up and make things work by giving your husband yet one more thing to deal with!!! Treat him well, make him happy, and let the time slide by. Eventually this will be so far in the past that you'll hardly think about it.

As for your co-worker saying anything, I seriously doubt that would happen. You know why? Because then he'd have to deal with your husband! Besides, if he doesn't say anything then there's always a chance that he might catch you in another weak point and that he'd get what he was after all along. (This is how creepy guys think!)

I'm glad that you're making things work with your husband. Best of luck to you and your family!

Old 06-15-2009, 06:49 PM

I cannot believe how many people are into lying. Youre not setting the foundation for a good, lasting relationship if you are lying...

Old 06-15-2009, 06:55 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
Don't tell him! If you really want your marriage to succeed, please don't say anything. This was something that happened when you were vulnerable, and you stopped it before it went too far. Give yourself some credit for that. Should you have kissed your co-worker? No, of course not. But at this point, your husband and children (and believe me, they would also find out if you told him!) don't need to bear that burden. Confess to a priest, dig a hole in the ground and confess to it... You get my point.

You can't build your marriage up and make things work by giving your husband yet one more thing to deal with!!! Treat him well, make him happy, and let the time slide by. Eventually this will be so far in the past that you'll hardly think about it.

As for your co-worker saying anything, I seriously doubt that would happen. You know why? Because then he'd have to deal with your husband! Besides, if he doesn't say anything then there's always a chance that he might catch you in another weak point and that he'd get what he was after all along. (This is how creepy guys think!)

I'm glad that you're making things work with your husband. Best of luck to you and your family!
I'm with Sandy. Well, confused, glad you saw the light on time or you managed to do it after we hit you on the head with a ton of bricks numerous times. Either way, it worked out fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynec613 View Post
Although I expect most women will side with you, saying you shouldn't say anything, as they reserve the pitchforks and burning at the stake for such things for penises only.
Contrary to your opinion, I'd have the same view had the genders been reversed.

Old 06-15-2009, 07:08 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I'm with Sandy. Well, confused, glad you saw the light on time or you managed to do it after we hit you on the head with a ton of bricks numerous times. Either way, it worked out fine.

Me too.

Old 06-15-2009, 08:19 PM

1,293 posts, read 3,190,145 times
Quote:

Doubtful you'd be in the majority. While not going all the way, it's still a follow through. Would any of you wish to hear about this second hand, and find it to be true through another verifying it or the like? That compounds it, can't imagine how pissed he'd likely be then. Of course in either case if she'd think he's 99% likely to just say eff it after this, then maybe a judgment call is warranted, it's still rather repugnant either way.

I might agree to wait, but that's still deceit to keep it from him forever, or try to wait for his deathbed to be all "remember that time...". Were it a guy he'd now be so burned at the stake as to the corpse being unrecognizable, especially since it's more emotional than physical betrayal, as a good number of women consider that a far greater insult.

Old 06-15-2009, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Doubtful you'd be in the majority. While not going all the way, it's still a follow through. Would any of you wish to hear about this second hand, and find it to be true through another verifying it or the like? That compounds it, can't imagine how pissed he'd likely be then. Of course in either case if she'd think he's 99% likely to just say eff it after this, then maybe a judgment call is warranted, it's still rather repugnant either way.
In a case of a minor indiscretion that's not about to be repeated, there's absolutely no point of transferring the guilt from one person to another. It won't do any good at all and it might wreck a relationship that otherwise has a good chance of making it.

Old 06-15-2009, 08:33 PM

1,293 posts, read 3,190,145 times
Quote:
In a case of a minor indiscretion that's not about to be repeated, there's absolutely no point of transferring the guilt from one person to another. It won't do any good at all and it might wreck a relationship that otherwise has a good chance of making it.
I've heard it before, while I'd agree in point, it's ultimately selfish with a facade of being righteous. While it might be a minor indiscretion to some, it's still an indiscretion, shouldn't the other person have a say in believing what will or won't be "making it", depending? It's not guilt transferal, it's honesty. If she believes it's in her best interest for the relationship to do so and for that of her overall family, I say go for it, just call a cigar a cigar.

It's just the hypocrisy that I disagree with.."I'm doing it for him..".

Old 06-15-2009, 08:41 PM

Quote:
I've heard it before, while I'd agree in point, it's ultimately selfish with a facade of being righteous. While it might be a minor indiscretion to some, it's still an indiscretion, shouldn't the other person have a say in believing what will or won't be "making it", depending? It's not guilt transferal, it's honesty. If she believes it's in her best interest for the relationship to do so, I say go for it, just call a cigar a cigar.

It's just the hypocrisy that I disagree with.."I'm doing it for him..".
Complete honesty is way overrated at times.

I agree with you it's in her best interest, but the same goes for him. There's nothing to be gained out of revealing it for either one. Couples survive way worse - one-night stands, prolonged affairs, children by other people. A kiss is basically nothing in the grand scheme of things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships