Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 07:49 PM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I meant to say PRETTY women do browse, only the Unattractive ones do
Well I certainly browse the profiles. To not do so would be not taking advantage of the service. I've heard so many guys tell me they'd rather the gals contact them - the rejection thing. So I do...always. I would never sit back and wait for the right email from the right guy. No way.

And I may not be a 10, but I've never been called ugly.

Old 06-22-2009, 07:55 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Well I certainly browse the profiles. To not do so would be not taking advantage of the service. I've heard so many guys tell me they'd rather the gals contact them - the rejection thing. So I do...always. I would never sit back and wait for the right email from the right guy. No way.

And I may not be a 10, but I've never been called ugly.

But if you are getting 10 emails a day why would you feel the need to browse?

Old 06-22-2009, 08:07 PM

78,431 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer2021 View Post
I think online dating is a complete waste of time. No person even worth meeting or dating uses online dating sites. It is all the social misfits who use it.

For men, they are unemployable, criminals or just plain desperate (can't talk to women in a social setting).

Also one of the benefits to most people who use online dating is that they can hide alot of dirt about themselves. They'll use old pictures, photoshopped pictures and even pictures of OTHER people from what I've heard.
LMAO.

I use online dating because I'm busy raising 2 boys by myself while working full-time and I met some really high quality gals this way.

It's just clear that you lack the life experience to see how this could work quite well for people with different circumstances.

When I leave my gf alone for 60seconds in a club I generally come back to find a drink in her hand some guy(s) bought her lol.

Frankly, you had best stick to picking up club slugs because you lack the class and maturity to roll with a more substantive crowd.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:10 PM

78,431 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Think about the interesting circular logic as to what happens if say..the top 10-20% never contacted anyone and sat back. Whom would they wind up with?

Old 06-22-2009, 08:11 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
When I leave my gf alone for 60seconds in a club I generally come back to find a drink in her hand some guy(s) bought her lol.
So she's a cheap date, too! Cool!

Old 06-22-2009, 08:13 PM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
I never said I got 10 emails a day.

And even if I did....no guarantee that I find any of them appealing.

Old 05-16-2010, 04:59 PM

190 posts, read 493,232 times
Quote:
Women do the choosing. We are just there. Although online dating can produce dates for men, especially when you first post to a site, I don't recommend that men get all geared up about advertising online. Why is it that men were able to have women cooking for them in the past? It wasn't because men were at women's feet begging them for a date. Here's a secret: women are under greater biological time pressure than men, and women want to create a nest so they need your help. Don't insult your biological instincts. Sit back and relax. All you need to do is be a gentleman. Do this and women will be eating out of your hand. Watch a few Carey Grant movies and you'll get the idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships