Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 07:29 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times

Advertisements

Here's the best thing you can do: Lighten up. Bring it out in the open, find it funny that you two did this, and get on with your life, rather than allow it to fester.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2009, 07:35 AM

37,619 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Here's the best thing you can do: Lighten up. Bring it out in the open, find it funny that you too did this, and get on with your life, rather than allow it to fester.
That's the best advice I've read yet.

Reps to you, cpg.

Old 06-23-2009, 07:36 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,007,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Here's the best thing you can do: Lighten up. Bring it out in the open, find it funny that you too did this, and get on with your life, rather than allow it to fester.
Basically what I had in mind with the make her laugh advice. Nothing lightens things up like humor.

Old 06-23-2009, 07:41 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Last week i was at a bar with my friends and ended up making out with my best friends wifes best friend,we were pretty drunk went back to my friend and his wifes house and made out and slept together[no sex]

I knew thsi girl for years and thought she was cool but she always had a boyfriend who she broke up with about 5 or 6 months ago

We exchanged numbers and i called her later in the week to tell her i enjoyed the night and would like to hang out with her sometime.. she then texted me bacK how she was really wasted but how im a great guy but shes in a bad place in her life and doesnt want to drag someobdy in her life and hurt them..

I saw her for the first time after the incident at my friends house the other day and it just seemed awkward maybe it was just me but i felt it

My question is should i have read the situation better as just a drunken encounter where maybe she has some slight feelings for me physically and or mentally that was accelrated by alcohol and not even told her i liked her?

Only because im connected to this girl through that couple and have to see her allot and i probably made it akward for her by having to reject me and me for being rejected and feeling weird around her..
She probably feels as awkward as you do...let it be a lesson learned well
Confusious say, "Never drink and drive" or get involved with someone when you've both had to much to drink.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:23 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,102,524 times
I appreciate all the advice,i think im gonna try to use the humor thing,it would help because it was almost like i avoided trying to talk to her and be ovelry nice because i was afraid shed get the idea i was gonna be up her behind[not literally lol] and annoying and i dont want to give out that vibe..

And no this isnt somethign thats gonna infatuate me,whilw shes a real cool girl and i wouldnt mind hanging out with her i think its more the fact that im not great with women and this pretty girl is giving me attention that i liked so much

Old 06-23-2009, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
What Julia said.

Drunken encounters are often just that. If you are looking for more, then it's probably best to avoid such situations. And you probably already know that, now. But good luck, just the same. You never know...she might just need some time to sort things out. But you keep on keeping on...okay?
Appreciate the advice..

At first i wask kinda hurt becasue im not great with women and thinkign negative like damn another wome rejecting me and she probably wouldnt touch me without the alcohol and blah blah but at the same time i showed her how felt about thisituation which im usually two scared to do and ill move on and take this exepreince as a positive..And as you said who knows what the future holds..

Old 06-24-2009, 02:01 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,903,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I appreciate all the advice,i think im gonna try to use the humor thing,it would help because it was almost like i avoided trying to talk to her and be ovelry nice because i was afraid shed get the idea i was gonna be up her behind[not literally lol] and annoying and i dont want to give out that vibe..

And no this isnt somethign thats gonna infatuate me,whilw shes a real cool girl and i wouldnt mind hanging out with her i think its more the fact that im not great with women and this pretty girl is giving me attention that i liked so much
You know, you might not FEEL like you're very good with women, but I have to say I'm pretty impressed with your take on the situation and how you've handled yourself. So it might not FEEL like you know what you're doing or that you're not doing that great but I think you're probably handling this a whole lot better than you realize.

Old 07-04-2009, 12:24 AM

She got drunk and made out with a different guy last week,apparently shes just a drunk mess

I figured she was too pretty to make out with me sober

Back to self pity
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships