Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 06:43 PM

1,122 posts, read 1,087,915 times

Advertisements

Turn off's...............
BAD breathe
Body Stink -makes you wonder,
DIRTY TEETH-Yikes!!

The Me, Myself and I sceneario WILL DO IT EVERYTIME!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2009, 06:57 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,380,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Slang...

What the hey..

I guess I should have said slang talk

"Ayo Ma what's good wit u..know what I mean...been checkin u for like a minute...so what's up...let me know what it is , ya feel me?"

Old 06-26-2009, 07:15 PM

990 posts, read 2,558,270 times
Women with tattoos.

ESPECIALLY the "tramp stamp".

Maybe one that is small and descrete, but no more than that.

If I want to date Popeye, I'll hang out on the docks.

Old 06-26-2009, 08:02 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,203,513 times
Uneducated/Unintelligent/Anti-Intellectual: Either has poor grammar, doesn't read much(often related), we all know the symptoms of this.

Socially Ignorant/Un-aware: By this I mean someone who doesn't care about their effect on others/the environment. People who consume too much, who waste too much, use too many animal products(especially clothing, that's a thing that I would never tolerate in anyone I associate with), people who drive monstrous, gas guzzling vehicles that they have no practical need for, etc.

Uncreative

Materialistic

Unworldly: I don't mean this in an elitist "You have to be well traveled" way, but in a sense that I think anyone who doesn't have a healthy regard for all the variety of things to be seen and experienced around the world or has an inability to see from multiple perspectives is a drag to be around.

Lack of individuality, easily swayed and lead on.

Too complacent with a mundane, prosaic life. I'd rather have someone who has some passion and vitality.

Old 06-26-2009, 08:08 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,672,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post
Uneducated/Unintelligent/Anti-Intellectual: Either has poor grammar, doesn't read much(often related), we all know the symptoms of this.

Socially Ignorant/Un-aware: By this I mean someone who doesn't care about their effect on others/the environment. People who consume too much, who waste too much, use too many animal products(especially clothing, that's a thing that I would never tolerate in anyone I associate with), people who drive monstrous, gas guzzling vehicles that they have no practical need for, etc.

Uncreative

Materialistic

Unworldly: I don't mean this in an elitist "You have to be well traveled" way, but in a sense that I think anyone who doesn't have a healthy regard for all the variety of things to be seen and experienced around the world or has an inability to see from multiple perspectives is a drag to be around.

Lack of individuality, easily swayed and lead on.

Too complacent with a mundane, prosaic life. I'd rather have someone who has some passion and vitality.
Huh???

Old 06-26-2009, 08:15 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,203,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Huh???
Those are personality traits that turn me off. Of course bad teeth or things like that are turnoffs, these go beyond that.

Old 06-26-2009, 08:33 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,045,108 times
Pretty much everything you all described is a turn off to me.

Old 06-26-2009, 08:35 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,807,932 times
Tattoos, if they talk about other guys constantly or seem materialistic, talking on their cell phones while walking around in public like they are important, if they have children, or if I see any signs of them being easy I'm out of there. This unfortunately eliminates most women pretty quickly, so when I think about it, it makes sense that I've been single most of my life.

Old 06-26-2009, 09:02 PM

2,203 posts, read 5,086,306 times
Smoking
Facial hair
Constant cell phone use
Religious

Old 06-26-2009, 09:35 PM

37,624 posts, read 46,016,337 times
Immediate, first date turnoffs? Hmmm...okay...

Well, I have to put down the ball cap thing, since I mentioned that earlier today. Ball caps on a dinner date gets a guy a great big X, in my book.

Poor hygiene

Smoking

Excessive use of "f" word - I'm no prude...I spit out a f*** every now and then...BUT...I had talked to this guy many times before we met...and when we went out, he went totally off on "f" this and "f" that constantly...I was wondering who the heck I had been talking to on the phone!

Extreme negativity (had that happen too...the guy was such a downer - yikes!)

Really bad grammar

Texting someone while on a date (or constant calls - just as bad or worse)

Slovenly appearance

Bushy beards (just don't like 'em)

Talking about ex-girlfriends/wives

Apparent drug/alcohol abuse

That's probably most of them...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships