Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 09:39 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times

Advertisements

you dont like dating do you?
me neither.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2009, 09:41 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,381,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corgis View Post
Why not? UPS guys and mechanics can have college degrees and those are good jobs in todays economy.
lol...I would not date anyone with a job like that. Anyone with a degree who is doing a job like that has wasted their degree...and anyone who doesn't have a degree is just lazy. Get an education, for christ sake!

Old 06-28-2009, 09:53 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joei View Post
I am so sick of al the stupid, fake...relationship involved, communication deficient [mod cut] language from the got damn internet. A [mod cut] language saturday night and was stood up 3 times tonight. This is how it is, and why I havent found any type of lasting relationship in the 9 months I've been on this online [mod cut] language since I moved to this crappy state!

The people who I do meet are either all about sex, or they are too [mod cut] language controlling. They get upset and drop you the moment the sense someone is coming onto you at a club or pub and get super jealous. dating from the internet dont take anyone seriously. Its always the next person, and the next person and they dont even attempt to try to make anything happen even with someone they know can go into any bar and get a man with the snap of a finger. Guess you internet men are [mod cut] language scary little cats

These people are so stupid Im done!

Im sorry if I am coming off too mean, I just needed to vent, and need some advice please thankyou all. Girls help me out here....
That was intense

But you may be right. As I'd said before, the internet is not the best place to fish men or women for that matter.

Old 06-28-2009, 09:54 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,014,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
lol...I would not date anyone with a job like that. Anyone with a degree who is doing a job like that has wasted their degree...and anyone who doesn't have a degree is just lazy. Get an education, for christ sake!
It's nice to see that education snobbery is still alive and well.

Old 06-28-2009, 10:03 AM

2,163 posts, read 4,341,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
It's nice to see that education snobbery is still alive and well.
For me it's more about having things in common, but the degree seems to go along with that. I can't imagine having a conversation about all my world travels, with a waiter or a mechanic. Sorry, but that's just how I feel. I have a good job with a very decent salary; I take vacations to Europe and the Caribbean (Australia next year. Yippee), and own two houses. What the heck would I talk about with my mechanic?

Old 06-28-2009, 10:08 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
omg nice pic.

Old 06-28-2009, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post
For me it's more about having things in common, but the degree seems to go along with that. I can't imagine having a conversation about all my world travels, with a waiter or a mechanic. Sorry, but that's just how I feel. I have a good job with a very decent salary; I take vacations to Europe and the Caribbean (Australia next year. Yippee), and own two houses. What the heck would I talk about with my mechanic?
I'm of the mind that it completely depends on the person. I've never looked at a "degree" as some sort of benchmark, and certainly wouldn't assume that a "mere waiter or mechanic" didn't have any worldly experience, or anything in common with me because I do have a degree.

Some of the most boring, horrible people I've ever met have been my "educational equals". So I feel fortunate that I never really feel into the trap of educational snobbery.

Old 06-28-2009, 10:11 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,381,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post
I'm the same way. I went to college, I got an education, I go on trips, I do and buy whatever I want, I own a home...I just don't feel like a mechanic or waiter or ups guy and I would have a lot in common.

Old 06-28-2009, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
I'm the same way. I went to college, I got an education, I go on trips, I do and buy whatever I want, I own a home...I just don't feel like a mechanic or waiter or ups guy and I would have a lot in common.
And, IMO, it's a shame that your worldview is so narrow.

Old 06-28-2009, 10:17 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joei View Post
I am so sick of al the stupid, fake...relationship involved, communication deficient [mod cut] language from the got damn internet. A [mod cut] language saturday night and was stood up 3 times tonight. This is how it is, and why I havent found any type of lasting relationship in the 9 months I've been on this online [mod cut] language since I moved to this crappy state!

The people who I do meet are either all about sex, or they are too [mod cut] language controlling. They get upset and drop you the moment the sense someone is coming onto you at a club or pub and get super jealous. dating from the internet dont take anyone seriously. Its always the next person, and the next person and they dont even attempt to try to make anything happen even with someone they know can go into any bar and get a man with the snap of a finger. Guess you internet men are [mod cut] language scary little cats

These people are so stupid Im done!

Im sorry if I am coming off too mean, I just needed to vent, and need some advice please thankyou all. Girls help me out here....
honesty I dated from the net and not all are bad....but you do have to watch out for the wack jobs.

There are many sucess stories who have met men online and married and are in a very happy relationship.

Its just like old fashion dating you have to try people out....you don't click try another.

Even dating a friend of a friend can be bad. It doesn't work..its awkward around that friend whom set you up or..its weird when you see that person again.

But I really think there is someone for everyone...it really seems when i'm not looking i find a guy. When i'm looking i find the creeps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships