Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2010, 02:28 PM

29,746 posts, read 34,389,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
The one women talked about in other threads about how they want to make sure the guy is worth it to take them out and how during the initial stages of the relationship he is put under all those things to see if he is ok.
Everyone wants to make sure that the person (man or woman) that they're dating is worth their time and that they're compatible--that's what dating is.

Don't you test women by seeing if they reach for the check or offer to pay for you on a date? Same diff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2010, 02:36 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,279,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Everyone wants to make sure that the person (man or woman) that they're dating is worth their time and that they're compatible--that's what dating is.
Then why make men go through that long process? Why not just get to know him and viceversa without any gender entitlements that women mention often or putting men under that long process that women have mentioned (tests/probation/observation/quizzes/etc.)?

I went out with this girl last night for the very first time and who paid for dinner? BOTH. She didn't put me in any long process to start contributing to expenses or showing nice gestures. We're going out again this weekend. Then again, I guess culture plays a certain role (she's asian).

Old 07-20-2010, 02:38 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,406,461 times
How DARE a woman want a nice gesture!! This is simply outrageous.

I just have no idea what type of women you are talking about, that never reciprocate nice gestures. The problem is you then. Either you attract vapid women, or you are high maintenance. A simple, hello, heartfelt, note/text/phone call is more than enough, for me, to know that somebody cares. That's all I want...I don't know what else there is, really.

Old 07-20-2010, 05:38 PM

389 posts, read 777,044 times
Oh hell no!

My friends crack up @ me because I yammer on & on about how a man's gonna serve me. He's gonna get on his hands & knees every night when I get back from a long day, & he's gonna kiss my boots & take 'em off for me. He's gonna cook my dinner & have it ready when I get home. He's gonna watch the kids & keep 'em quiet while I'm falling asleep in front of the TV. He'll get up after some long, sweaty sex to make me a sandwich. He'll be MY traned housewife.

Now do I actually want that? NO! I wanna normal relationship. Sure, I can be a little demanding, but I wanna man who's 100% equal to me.

In answer to the original question: Sh*t no I don't want, nor do I need a man to take care of me. I ain't gonna necessarily have his dinner ready on the table when he get's home, but I'll make his dinner if that was the agreement (given he says "Thank you Hun" before he eats.)

Jessie

Old 07-20-2010, 06:01 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,406,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelwoman View Post
Oh hell no!

My friends crack up @ me because I yammer on & on about how a man's gonna serve me. He's gonna get on his hands & knees every night when I get back from a long day, & he's gonna kiss my boots & take 'em off for me. He's gonna cook my dinner & have it ready when I get home. He's gonna watch the kids & keep 'em quiet while I'm falling asleep in front of the TV. He'll get up after some long, sweaty sex to make me a sandwich. He'll be MY traned housewife.

Now do I actually want that? NO! I wanna normal relationship. Sure, I can be a little demanding, but I wanna man who's 100% equal to me.

In answer to the original question: Sh*t no I don't want, nor do I need a man to take care of me. I ain't gonna necessarily have his dinner ready on the table when he get's home, but I'll make his dinner if that was the agreement (given he says "Thank you Hun" before he eats.)

Jessie
Gollly. Seriously you and onihC should date. He's been waiting...for a girl like you..to come into his life.

Old 07-20-2010, 06:40 PM

881 posts, read 1,112,710 times
the word obey makes me cringe and shudder..... also the words "expected to"...... YUCK! ewwwwwyyyyyyyy!

Old 07-20-2010, 06:55 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,251,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth the W8 View Post
Women's suffrage was a success thanks to courageous women in the 1800's, followed by many women in subsequent eras demanding and succesfully obtaining, for the most part, equal treatment and pay in US.

Gone are the days of barefoot and preagnant, along with the Leave it to Beaver, "June what's for dinner" way of life. Our economy is built on 2 income households, few women have the option NOT to work.

For you single women out there, would you give it all up, the job, the independence and all the trappings if given the chance to marry a strong and succesful, but painfully old fashioned man? He would love and cherish you, be kind, affectionate and attentive to the children. He would also insist on bearing any burdens and making all the important decisions for the family. He would want a wife to be obedient and supportive, You'd be expeced to keep a tidy house and have dinner ready with a smile when he gets home.

Just curious how many women out there want to meet and marry a provider and a "daddy" figure versus a partner, and equal contributor.
Who is gonna run the office and be the manger if I started my own place someday?

Old 07-20-2010, 07:08 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth the W8 View Post
He would love and cherish you, be kind, affectionate and attentive to the children. He would also insist on bearing any burdens and making all the important decisions for the family. He would want a wife to be obedient and supportive, You'd be expeced to keep a tidy house and have dinner ready with a smile when he gets home.
[url=http://******************]http://******************/vomit-smiley-27.gif (broken link)[/url]

Old 07-20-2010, 11:46 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,431,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
Who is gonna run the office and be the manger if I started my own place someday?
Raena?

Old 07-20-2010, 11:53 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
no-- women are very skilled at getting their needs met.
in the end her divorce lawyer will help her far more than you could in doing that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships