Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 08:55 AM

39 posts, read 73,158 times

Advertisements

I've been through a lot of relationships but it didnt work out. And its been awhile I havent dated anyone since I've been experiencing the same Hi and Goodbyes. I wonder if there is actually a perfect match or a soul mate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 09:02 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,120,219 times
There is a perfect match/soul mate the problem is that people confuse the words "perfect match" to mean "perfect person".

There's no such thing as a perfect person there's only someone who is perfect for you.

Old 06-29-2009, 09:09 AM

647 posts, read 2,084,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjLaiLa View Post
I've been through a lot of relationships but it didnt work out. And its been awhile I havent dated anyone since I've been experiencing the same Hi and Goodbyes. I wonder if there is actually a perfect match or a soul mate.
I don't know if there is a such thing as a perfect match. I think that there are several people who we can have successful marriages with as opposed to just one singular, perfect soulmate. I guess, it's just a matter of choosing. In any case, the relationship will require work from both sides involved.

Old 06-29-2009, 10:00 AM
ttz

677 posts, read 1,667,270 times
There is no such thing, and the sooner you realize this the sooner you can be at peace with yourself. Try to find the best person you can find, to be happy with and try not to be too picky. Remember you are not perfect, and your mate should not be expected to be perfect as well.

Good luck.

Old 06-29-2009, 10:04 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,432,399 times
No, nothing is perfect or even close.

Old 06-29-2009, 10:06 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,790,307 times
There is someone for everyone, but we are all attracted to a certain type of person initially. So if you keep meeting the same type of person over and over again you end up with the same result. That's why it's important to form a friendship with the person you are attracted to, it's important to like the person for what's beneath the surface.

Old 06-29-2009, 10:54 AM

39 posts, read 73,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
There is someone for everyone, but we are all attracted to a certain type of person initially. So if you keep meeting the same type of person over and over again you end up with the same result. That's why it's important to form a friendship with the person you are attracted to, it's important to like the person for what's beneath the surface.
there is a difference between being friends and lovers.. one relationship i had was being friends till we became best of friends.. oh well we both feel the same but it came to a point that we both loose being best of friends and didnt even get the chance to be lovers. Being friends will pull ya both back to step forward to a deeper relationship. This happened to me, (we might be better off as friends and not lovers) the thing is if ya love someone ya can just say and show what ya feel and then be friends as the relationship go along. But the problem comes in when the guy im falling for is not the perfect match for me seems he is not the guy for me since everyday arguments arises and love is gone. "Is there really a perfect match or soul mate that is" Or just me who has a problem.

Old 06-29-2009, 11:35 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,050,321 times
Yes there is, and this perfect partner is also my soul mate. Who is this perfect being, you ask? Well ....... this perfect partner and soul mate is ....... none other than ......................... MY BIRD!!!!!

Here's a pic of what she looks like - this is not actually her.

http://z.about.com/d/birds/1/0/D/-/-/-/PC100011.JPG

Old 06-29-2009, 11:42 AM
ttz

677 posts, read 1,667,270 times
LOL

Kinda like all those women out there with all the dogs and cats? I guess they are the perfect partners. Never complain, never nag and are always there for you.

Old 06-29-2009, 11:46 AM

13,784 posts, read 26,259,115 times
My husband is not a perfect person but he is perfect for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships