Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 01:07 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,684,803 times

Advertisements

It's never a good idea to complain about exes. For one thing, it puts your judgment (or lack thereof) into question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2010, 01:19 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,283,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boodhabunny View Post
It's never a good idea to complain about exes. For one thing, it puts your judgment (or lack thereof) into question.
True, that.

It also indicates that you're not over the split. The opposite of love is not hate, but indifference. If you're still spending time and energy on being angry at the ex, your ex is still taking up space in your cranium.

I think the worst I experienced was a date with someone through Match. The whole evening was a litany of complaints--his ex had soaked him for child support, his ex made the divorce ugly, his ex was poisoning his kids against him, his ex, his ex, his ex. Then he finished with "I hope you're not like that."

I said, "No. I just had mine whacked before he could write me out of his life insurance."

Old 06-27-2010, 01:42 PM

186 posts, read 219,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
True, that.

It also indicates that you're not over the split. The opposite of love is not hate, but indifference. If you're still spending time and energy on being angry at the ex, your ex is still taking up space in your cranium.

I think the worst I experienced was a date with someone through Match. The whole evening was a litany of complaints--his ex had soaked him for child support, his ex made the divorce ugly, his ex was poisoning his kids against him, his ex, his ex, his ex. Then he finished with "I hope you're not like that."

I said, "No. I just had mine whacked before he could write me out of his life insurance."

Sometimes it feels difficult to not be embittered over jerks, when you feel that your only options have been jerks.

Old 06-27-2010, 02:48 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,097,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nala8 View Post
...people who turned out to be:

1. Clingy or very needy
2. Commitmentphobic
3. Controlling
4. Careless or cavalier

I'm hoping for specific, real-life examples, such as calling you more than five times in one day, not letting you make firm plans with them for dates or vacations, randomly breaking dates, or being chronically late.

What kind of stuff makes you cringe inside or freeze and say no no no. Let's stop right here before this gets ugly.
I once went on a date with this man..and let me tell you his house was filthy..it was disgusting. And do you know his excuse was only men live here ..No excuse for me...Ive never seen him after that..

Old 06-27-2010, 02:51 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,448,703 times
1. Lateness (chronic)
2. Rude to any stranger
3. Does anything to cheese you off in the beginning (when they are supposed to be impressing you)

Old 06-27-2010, 08:36 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,736,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
Yes. Earlier this year a man thought he was just oh-so-cute by bringing up sex and asked that. The date was done at that moment.
The next time I'm on a date and the guy wants to bring up sex like that, I'm going to come on real strong and start asking pointed questions about his sexual history, medical history, family history. Every nosy question I can think of and see how he likes it when other people pry. That'll probably be an early evening, with both of us going home alone.

Lord, it's pitiful what passes for dating material these days. Someone raised by wolves would probably have better taste and better manners than to bring up sex on the first date.

Old 06-27-2010, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post

Lord, it's pitiful what passes for dating material these days. Someone raised by wolves would probably have better taste and better manners than to bring up sex on the first date.
My theory is so few people are even "dating" anymore, I mean in the old-fashioned get-to-know-you first sense, that the pickins are slimmer. Also, sex is easy to get everywhere today, so the men no longer bother with manners or acting respectful. That doesn't leave alot left.

Old 06-27-2010, 09:27 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,797,525 times
Quote:
Why can't guys be sluts?
They (we) can be. Most dont know how. They don't sit with the guys and talk about better dating techniques. They sit and talk about conquests (usually bigger than it actually is/was). Then later on try that conquest technique themselves. That said here are a few hints from my younger days for looking for sexmates and not girlfriends: First of all shower and go very light on the deoderant and nearly no cologne. You need to smell like a man. Don't dress perfectly, things need to be a little out of place. Go out to the clubs/bars after 1am. As stated above stay away from dating Q&A's and personal stuff. Buy a club soda and walk the club. Try to make eye contact and actually hold it. Try a second time if not move along. If the eye contact holds then try your pickup technique (if you dont have one then by trial and error you'll get one within a few weeks). Dont get discouraged by turn downs. On average I would have gone up to 10 or 20 women in a night. Sometimes I ended up with phone numbers or heavy touching or sometimes even sex. BTW go alone or with at most one other guy. If you go out with a group of the guys nothing will happen because you will then have Testosterone Poisoning (guys have a girl explain this too you).

As to dating, men have no clue of red flags. Want to scare a guy away be domineering and loud. Act like one of the guys instead of one of the girls. Men have no clue to womens dislikes. As I said earlier its not discussed. If you want him to know it, tell him. Most men dont know the limits of conversation. It is learned by trial and error.

And thats my tangent to this thread.

Old 06-27-2010, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilVA View Post
They (we) can be. Most dont know how. They don't sit with the guys and talk about better dating techniques. They sit and talk about conquests (usually bigger than it actually is/was). Then later on try that conquest technique themselves. That said here are a few hints from my younger days for looking for sexmates and not girlfriends: First of all shower and go very light on the deoderant and nearly no cologne. You need to smell like a man. Don't dress perfectly, things need to be a little out of place. Go out to the clubs/bars after 1am. As stated above stay away from dating Q&A's and personal stuff. Buy a club soda and walk the club. Try to make eye contact and actually hold it. Try a second time if not move along. If the eye contact holds then try your pickup technique (if you dont have one then by trial and error you'll get one within a few weeks). Dont get discouraged by turn downs. On average I would have gone up to 10 or 20 women in a night. Sometimes I ended up with phone numbers or heavy touching or sometimes even sex. BTW go alone or with at most one other guy. If you go out with a group of the guys nothing will happen because you will then have Testosterone Poisoning (guys have a girl explain this too you).

As to dating, men have no clue of red flags. Want to scare a guy away be domineering and loud. Act like one of the guys instead of one of the girls. Men have no clue to womens dislikes. As I said earlier its not discussed. If you want him to know it, tell him. Most men dont know the limits of conversation. It is learned by trial and error.

And thats my tangent to this thread.
oh holy mother of god I've had the eye thing pulled on me like a thousand times. I always thought it was cute (if he was), innocent attraction. Now I see it was merely a nefarious pointed tactic discussed and planned as part of a specific agenda in a devious backroom by an inner circle of pick-up artist miscreants.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:41 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,797,525 times
Quote:
oh holy mother of god I've had the eye thing pulled on me like a thousand times. I always thought it was cute (if he was), innocent attraction. Now I see it was merely a nefarious pointed tactic discussed and planned as part of a specific agenda in a devious backroom by an inner circle of pick-up artist miscreants.
Well you did ask if we could be sluts. You dont think that woman do the same thing to get free alcohol and sexmates?? Do you know of anyone who actually got a working relationship from a club/bar?

Just remember to leave that sarcasm in NYC when you head to that small town in Illinois. A script for Xanax will be helpful. Also remember eye contact outside of NYS is a greeting and not a come-on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships