Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 11:47 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times

Advertisements

Physicality isn't all there is to being attractive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2009, 11:50 AM

4,379 posts, read 5,384,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
You're staring at her top, what did you expect? Women have to contend with perverts all day long. She must assume your intentions are perverted in nature unless you prove otherwise, which is hard to do with a total stranger. Again, your appearance and the way you look at her will dictate her reaction. The duration of the stare/glance also comes into play. Subtlety is your friend.
why should I prove anything? Her assumption would be based on past experience, yet I am an individual and all situations are different. Experience is not a 100% airtight guide as to how to deal with new situations.

My point stands that ascertaining my intent is not totally possible, unless she was God and came down to Earth to see what trains rides are like....

Old 07-27-2009, 11:52 AM

11,169 posts, read 10,652,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
Sometimes the dumb and retarded reasoning of others never ceases to amaze me.

Say you're on the train and you see a woman wearing a top that you think is nice. She looks back, thinking you're looking at her in an amorous way and you can sense she feels nervous.

You then think "look, lady. i'm only admiring your top, don't think I'll even be seen dating you. You're not my type!"

Now, why do women think literally any time a man sees them, it's due to them liking them? Are such women insecure, or even narcissistic, in that they presume all men to like them?

*sniff, sniff, sniff*

TVandSportsGuy, is that you???

Old 07-27-2009, 11:54 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Physicality isn't all there is to being attractive.
Name someone who most people would consider attractive who lacks in the physical department? You cant. At least not without qualifiers like ".....for her age" or something similar.

A person (especially a woman) cannot be considered attractive if she lacks certain physical features/characteristics. Fat, old, wrinkly, moley, pimply, elephant gray, buck toothed, cockeyed women will not be considered attractive.

Old 07-27-2009, 11:59 AM

4,379 posts, read 5,384,844 times
This thread seems dumb, but it's a rant, of a sort.

Sometimes you look at somebody for the sake of it. Sometimes you look at somebody since you think you know them. Sometimes you look at somebody and they remind you of someone you know. People even look at others out of derision, scorn, or contempt.

Now, do these reasons have anything to do with be physically attracted to somebody else?

Old 07-27-2009, 12:00 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,652,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Name someone who most people would consider attractive who lacks in the physical department? You cant. At least not without qualifiers like ".....for her age" or something similar.

A person (especially a woman) cannot be considered attractive if she lacks certain physical features/characteristics. Fat, old, wrinkly, moley, pimply, elephant gray, buck toothed, cockeyed women will not be considered attractive.
So are you implying that women such as Kirstie Alley, Whoopie Goldberg, Queen Latifah, Mia Tyler (and the list goes on) cannot be considered attractive?

Old 07-27-2009, 12:02 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post

hahaha - spoken by somebody very young

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and what gets one guys attention may turn another guy off. There are many plus size women that plenty of men find very attractive. And Cindy Crawford has done just fine with that big ole mole on her face

OP, what you are talking about is what I refer to as the "Hot Chick Syndrome". This is where women who consider themselves somewhat hot, tend to think that ALL guys want them. This makes their behavior a bit odd sometimes that can cause uncomfortable situations.

Case in point, I sometimes teach womens safety and awareness seminars and one of the biggest areas/locations where women sometimes feel the get accosted/harassed/approached is at gas stations while pumping gas. Their biggest problem is their fear based behavior (hurrying up and getting back in their cars and locking the doors while gas is being pumped) which lets bad guys/criminals know that they are a good target because they give signs of being afraid/unsure/ etc. First thing I tell them "Dont be so flattered with yourselves in thinking that all guys want you". After my seminars and the behavioral modifications I give them, they have proven to be less likely to be approached by someone. I just tell them that they when they get back in their car, they "feel" safe but they give signals to the bad guys that says "Im a great target". Just tell them to stay outside, look guys right in the eye and they will have not problem.

3,393 posts, read 5,280,058 times
I'm going to raise my hand here and say I think I understand what the OP is saying. For some reason, women feel insecure around men. Which is the reason there are women only gyms, women only yoga classes, women only dorms or sections of dorms. There have been times where I have merely had my eyes open--not the slightest bit interested or even thinking about anything sexual or romantic--and women have just run wild with it. I don't know maybe I have a powerful or sexy look about me or maybe release too many pheromones or something--I don't think that's any guy's fault? Not sure but don't think they understand men.

Last edited by Jay100; 07-27-2009 at 12:11 PM..

Old 07-27-2009, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
So are you implying that women such as Kirstie Alley, Whoopie Goldberg, Queen Latifah, Mia Tyler (and the list goes on) cannot be considered attractive?
Qualifiers need to be added:

Kirstie Alley - attractive eyes for a fat woman. She and I have the same Vetrinarian so Ive seen her a few times at the vet. She was very attractive before she got fat.

Whoopie Goldberg - Cannot be considered attractive. Physically she's not attractive.

Queen Latifah - she has a pretty face for someone who is overweight.

Mia Tyler - Never heard of her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships