Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 12:19 PM
miu miu started this thread

17,769 posts, read 40,167,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I appreciate the advice and im sure ill get my confidence up,this situation just hurts because i have to see this girl allot because our best friends are married to each other so its kinda ebmarassing having to see her now after what happened..

Its just very awkward..
Could it be that she also rejected you because of the best friend connection? Not only might she consider you more like a surrogate brother, but if the two of you did date there would be too much pressure for the relationship to be perfect, and then if you broke up with each other things would get even more awkward that it currently is for you.

I would never date a co-worker or someone that was already part of my close social circle because it would feel rather incestuous to me. Plus the potential gossip aspect of both those situations... it's just not worth it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 12:27 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Could it be that she also rejected you because of the best friend connection? Not only might she consider you more like a surrogate brother, but if the two of you did date there would be too much pressure for the relationship to be perfect, and then if you broke up with each other things would get even more awkward that it currently is for you.

I would never date a co-worker or someone that was already part of my close social circle because it would feel rather incestuous to me. Plus the potential gossip aspect of both those situations... it's just not worth it.
I think it could be that,she also just got out of a bad relationship and isnt over it..

When she texted me she said shes in a bad place in her life and doesnt want to drag anyone else in her life and hurt them and she seems to be telling the truth..

The only thing she did that hurt me was tell me how wasted she was that night..Thought it was kinda unecessary..

Im not really mad at her its just awkward that we have to see each other allot i feel a little foolish over the situation..

Old 07-29-2009, 04:16 PM

Quote:
I think it could be that,she also just got out of a bad relationship and isnt over it..

When she texted me she said shes in a bad place in her life and doesnt want to drag anyone else in her life and hurt them and she seems to be telling the truth..

The only thing she did that hurt me was tell me how wasted she was that night..Thought it was kinda unecessary..

Im not really mad at her its just awkward that we have to see each other allot i feel a little foolish over the situation..
Why should that make YOU feel hurt? She got drunk and it made her do things that gave you hope for a relationship. I'm sure that she's really sorry that she mislead you and hurt your feelings.

Otherwise, have you thought to ask your best buddy to find out from his wife why that girl's relationship ended so badly? For instance, if her ex boyfriend cheated on her, she could now have self esteem and trust issues. And find out exactly when that relationship ended. I think that it's always a very good idea to wait a while after ending a relationship before dating again. Having a cleansing period helps to not bring any baggage into the next romance.

Plus... you want to make sure that there's no chance of her changing her mind and getting back together with her ex.

Old 07-29-2009, 05:35 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,875 times
Quote:
Why should that make YOU feel hurt? She got drunk and it made her do things that gave you hope for a relationship. I'm sure that she's really sorry that she mislead you and hurt your feelings.

Otherwise, have you thought to ask your best buddy to find out from his wife why that girl's relationship ended so badly? For instance, if her ex boyfriend cheated on her, she could now have self esteem and trust issues. And find out exactly when that relationship ended. I think that it's always a very good idea to wait a while after ending a relationship before dating again. Having a cleansing period helps to not bring any baggage into the next romance.

Plus... you want to make sure that there's no chance of her changing her mind and getting back together with her ex.
It hurt not from the standpoint of wanting a relationship im over that more from the standpoint of it felt good to have a pretty girl attracted to me getting my confidecne up and now im thinking shes not attracted to me at all its just the alcohol,who knows if thats the truth but thats where my mind goes..

Old 07-29-2009, 05:54 PM

Quote:
It hurt not from the standpoint of wanting a relationship im over that more from the standpoint of it felt good to have a pretty girl attracted to me getting my confidecne up and now im thinking shes not attracted to me at all its just the alcohol,who knows if thats the truth but thats where my mind goes..
Well then, do you know the details about her last relationship? Maybe if you find that that she indeed had a bad breakup which she needs time to recover from, then that knowledge should make you feel a lot better.

And she's not saying that you aren't dating material for her. She's just saying that had she not been drunk, she wouldn't have been making out with you because she's not ready to date anyone again. The fact that she was kissing you means that you are kissable. If she found you ugly and unattractive, even drunk she wouldn't have made out with you. I feel that you think that alcohol made her feel horny and that's the only reason was physically attracted to you.

You are way overthinking this and imagining blame on yourself for why she won't date you. I understand that you are lonely and frustrated. However, from her point of view, because of her recent bad relationship, she's not that keen on having another man in her life for a while. And when she does start to date again, she's going to make sure that the new guy is nothing at all like her ex. So again, do your homework and have your buddy find out from his wife what the ex boyfriend did that was so awful.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:27 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,640,686 times
Quote:
You are way overthinking this and imagining blame on yourself for why she won't date you.
I agree. Alcohol may lower your inhibitions, but it's not going to make you want to sleep with or even make out with someone unless there was some attraction there to begin with. So take solace in knowing that, deep down, she finds you attractive enough to want to mess around with. The alcohol didn't create that attraction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships