Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 12:10 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,929,238 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the replies. It is disappointing a few made less than serious comments, but overall I appreciate the enlightenment. Troll? No sir. I've personally never felt the color of ones skin compromised the attractiveness of that person...nor the interior beauty as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2009, 07:26 AM

4,379 posts, read 5,384,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
One thing that I have noticed in this thread thus far, every answer is about blacks and none of them are positive.......... Another slap blacks in the face thread because we all know whites folks can do NO wrong!

Just when you think things are changing, the more you realize things are the same........
I noticed the note you left in my reputation, but I am just stating things from experience.

Some black men have, and still to some extent do, date white women since they reckon they're badass for dating white. I don't think that's so controversial.

now, you say I'm bashing black people, but do you know for sure I'm non-black?

Old 08-10-2009, 07:48 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,186,581 times
You must be very naive and young to think that is cute. That fool above that you're responding is about as ignorant as they come.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanteuse d' Opéra View Post
LOL, wowwww...I'm a black woman & I remember I went to a frat party when I was a freshman in college & my friend (who was black) & I were sitting in the middle of a very drunken white guy & I remember he said "Yeah, I love black girls...they have the best blowj*b lips"...I was stunned...random, but I just thought about it when I came across the aforementioned statement.

Old 08-10-2009, 07:49 AM

966 posts, read 2,446,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
I noticed the note you left in my reputation, but I am just stating things from experience.

Some black men have, and still to some extent do, date white women since they reckon they're badass for dating white. I don't think that's so controversial.

Peace, Ron. and samston. I am going to take a risk here and say that if we allow the thread to run off into a ditch--bickering, getting off topic--the thread will more than likely be cut. The topic is controversial enough.

I am finding this discussion very interesting and enlightening. Times are changing, slowly but surely. Not all Black women are dating outside the race because there is a shortage of suitable Black men. I personally find that idea ridiculous. Not all Black men are dating outside the race because there is a shortage of suitable Black women. Also ridiculous, imo. More and more people (Black, White, or otherwise) are finally waking up to the fact that even though racial or cultural differences can be a challenge (as well as a joy), in the long run it is worth it if the work involved leads to a strong relationship with the right person.

Folks, please don't let this thread be reduced to needless fighting or bickering. Sometimes, we just need to learn to agree to disagree when there seems to be no common ground.

Last edited by Nala8; 08-10-2009 at 08:09 AM..

Old 08-10-2009, 07:50 AM

It is not common.......MOST black athletes marry and get involved with black women. MOST black athletes are not well known so where did you get you info from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki9947 View Post
My only IR question is what's up with these pro-athletes that flock to non-black women? (It's very common..Almost like it's their trophy or prize). I never quite understood that one...?

Old 08-10-2009, 07:53 AM

Duh.............what does that have to do with any thing. Blacks bash other blacks all the time. Have you noticed blacks kill each other more than anyone else.....isn't that bashing. It makes no difference if you black or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post

Old 08-10-2009, 08:01 AM

Nothing cute about this remark...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillman View Post
Don't know but I've always liked Black Women.Kind of why I like Cherry Mash,Dark on the outside,Pink on the Inside and just soooo Sweet.

hillman

Old 08-10-2009, 08:11 AM

1,255 posts, read 3,196,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Nothing cute about this remark...........
Sorry you can't handle the truth!

hillman

Old 08-10-2009, 08:13 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Family_Guy27 View Post
I don't know, maybe black women aren't that attracted to white men? Also from what I've seen around me, black women seem to like the thuggish wannabe rapper types. I've even seen black guys turned down by black women because they weren't thug enough. The educated non thuggish black guys get tired of this and date outside their race. Additionally I think in terms of acceptance, a black woman may be more concerned with what her friends and family think about her dating a white man than a black guy would dating a white woman.
Love when people go straight for stereotypes and try to make it sound like a common occurence.

I don't date outside of my race because I choose not to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nala8 View Post
So sad but true. I have seen some of the White women with Black men on trains sneaking little smug looks at me as if to say, "Ha ha ha. I won." So weird to me.
LOL I get that too. In most cases I’m thinking to myself “If he was the grand prize; I’d hate to see the runner-up.”

Old 08-10-2009, 08:53 AM

4,379 posts, read 5,384,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nala8 View Post
Peace, Ron. and samston. I am going to take a risk here and say that if we allow the thread to run off into a ditch--bickering, getting off topic--the thread will more than likely be cut. The topic is controversial enough.

I am finding this discussion very interesting and enlightening. Times are changing, slowly but surely. Not all Black women are dating outside the race because there is a shortage of suitable Black men. I personally find that idea ridiculous. Not all Black men are dating outside the race because there is a shortage of suitable Black women. Also ridiculous, imo. More and more people (Black, White, or otherwise) are finally waking up to the fact that even though racial or cultural differences can be a challenge (as well as a joy), in the long run it is worth it if the work involved leads to a strong relationship with the right person.

Folks, please don't let this thread be reduced to needless fighting or bickering. Sometimes, we just need to learn to agree to disagree when there seems to be no common ground.
lol... I am not angry at all. Nor am I looking for an argument.

I was just laying out answers to the OP's question, which i think in some limited cases hold.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships