Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 06:45 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,428,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
You seem not to be that much into him........so why do you care if he is into you or not?
My thought exactly. Maybe she just wants an ego boost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2009, 06:58 AM

3,256 posts, read 8,902,601 times
Maybe he just builds people up, meets them in hopes of getting sex, and then disappears. I'm betting there's a string of ladies thinking the same thing. Wouldn't take it personally, but it would explain you getting along, and then him not pursuing.

Old 08-11-2009, 06:58 AM

11,169 posts, read 10,652,381 times
*shrugs* Move on.

Old 08-11-2009, 07:59 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,856,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad
You seem not to be that much into him........so why do you care if he is into you or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
My thought exactly. Maybe she just wants an ego boost.
In my opinion, most of the best prospects - not the "hot" prospects - have been burned enough and are reluctant to put themselves into the meat grinder again. They might be thinking "she may be interested - naaah probably not" and they are usually right.

Old 08-11-2009, 08:04 AM

22,182 posts, read 19,227,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi Manischewitz View Post
I know you aren't supposed to have dating rules, but I have 3:
1. If he doesn't call within 3 days, HE IS NOT INTERESTED! Do not answer calls after 3 days. If he liked me enough, he would have called sooner.

I really thought he was into me, but I guess I can not read men at all!
LOL

and one of my rules is to wait at least 5 days (or a week) before calling!

so as not to appear too desperate or needy or like i am chasing someone, also so as to give myself time to settle down and not jump into anything that might cause problems later, it other words sit with it for a few days

so your signs of "disinterest" could very well be someone else's signs of "interest"
ROFL

Old 08-11-2009, 08:23 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
Quote:
1. If he doesn't call within 3 days, HE IS NOT INTERESTED! Do not answer calls after 3 days. If he liked me enough, he would have called sooner.
2. No kissing on the first date especially if it is a first meet.
3. If I am head over heels into someone, then I will be the first one to say that I would love to see them again and discuss making plans.

Rules beget more rules, which beget even more rules.

My rule is to have fun, which could perhaps conflict with your rules, or at least your rule-creating tendencies.

Your rules are not unreasonable, but as a rule, I would not mention your rules.

Old 08-11-2009, 08:32 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,338,885 times
Quote:
There was that guy I met on Saturday where the meet lasted over 3 hours just over coffee. He really seemed interested in me talking about seeing me again, saying I was pretty a couple of times, complimenting me, getting and pushing chairs in and out etc.

Anyway, haven't heard from him since a text right after meeting him. He is the kind of guy I would see one more time just to see if there were sparks, but I wasn't particularly wowed from just meeting him once so I won't attempt to contact him (he seemed to have issues, but I usually give people a second try).

3. If I am head over heels into someone, then I will be the first one to say that I would love to see them again and discuss making plans.

After all that, I think this guy is pulling a disappearing act on me. Before we met, he called me on the phone daily or emailed me when we didn't.

Hey Ms. Manischewitz, if you're not into him why bother? BTW I used to be addicted to some wine that bears your last name.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:11 AM

237 posts, read 379,855 times
Why not wait to be wowed!? Don't you think you DESERVE this?
And I think its great to know what you want,but some rules are meant to be broken.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:24 AM

17,635 posts, read 22,643,465 times
Quote:
There was that guy I met on Saturday where the meet lasted over 3 hours just over coffee. He really seemed interested in me talking about seeing me again, saying I was pretty a couple of times, complimenting me, getting and pushing chairs in and out etc.

Anyway, haven't heard from him since a text right after meeting him. He is the kind of guy I would see one more time just to see if there were sparks, but I wasn't particularly wowed from just meeting him once so I won't attempt to contact him (he seemed to have issues, but I usually give people a second try).

After all that, I think this guy is pulling a disappearing act on me. Before we met, he called me on the phone daily or emailed me when we didn't.

It is his great loss darlin'...................

Old 08-11-2009, 09:44 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
So... you haven't contacted him either? Maybe he sensed that he wasn't the perfect guy for him. Maybe he's kicking himself for talking about his dad disciplining him so harshly as a kid. Maybe he would like you to send him a quick message saying that you'd like to see him again.

Why don't you just send him a quick message saying that you had a good time talking to him?

Or... he reads this message board and read that you aren't really that interested in him. We do get a lot of lurkers reading this forum. Is your first name really Naomi?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships