Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 09:23 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,184,340 times

Advertisements

I prefer my man to be my equal. That way we can take turns being "in charge". And if he's on my same wavelength, we'd be of the same opinion many times anyway... so we'd both be in charge tandem-style.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2009, 09:28 AM

37,624 posts, read 46,026,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Yea, I suppose taking charge is really a matter of taking responsibility. While I can't say that I'd mine if my dh took responsibility for everything, that wouldn't be a fair relationship imo.
Of course not, I agree. And truth be told, if my SO cut the grass, and failed to hose off the lawnmower afterward, I'd probably take back that little task. I wouldn't want to assign responsibility to someone that was not up to the task. We all have our little areas of expertise.

Old 08-15-2009, 09:34 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,201,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Of course not, I agree. And truth be told, if my SO cut the grass, and failed to hose off the lawnmower afterward, I'd probably take back that little task. I wouldn't want to assign responsibility to someone that was not up to the task. We all have our little areas of expertise.
This example reminds me of my girl friend and her dh. She's been having issues with her dh the past year or two and was telling me a couple of weeks ago about her husband doing the lawn. He did a great job, but! he didn't put the lawn mower away. And it's not just with the lawn. He has a hard time finishing what he starts.

Any way, yes, we all have our areas of expertise. I hate doing the finances, but my dh isn't a very organized person. And finances require at least some organization. I manage, but I'm not very good at it myself.

Old 08-15-2009, 10:26 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,646,492 times
I have no problem being decisive, but why can't women be just as decisive and take charge? Personally, I find it very attractive when a woman knows what she wants and goes after it.

Old 08-15-2009, 10:41 AM

12,115 posts, read 33,695,036 times
Default i have never

seen so much evidence for my decision to stay single. being not a take charge type at all, it infuriates me to hear it from women even in non-dating situations(that i should take charge) and to read it on these boards (I'm not saying people don't have the right to express their opinions they do, so pls don't go there)

i'm not a take charge type and that is that. why even bother dating if i know i ain't gonna be accepted for who i am

Old 08-15-2009, 10:51 AM

304 posts, read 1,326,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
seen so much evidence for my decision to stay single. being not a take charge type at all, it infuriates me to hear it from women even in non-dating situations(that i should take charge) and to read it on these boards (I'm not saying people don't have the right to express their opinions they do, so pls don't go there)

i'm not a take charge type and that is that. why even bother dating if i know i ain't gonna be accepted for who i am
But that is just who is commenting. I know for a fact that many women take control of everything in their relationships. My best feamle friend is like this with her husband, and it works for them..So, it's not that you can't find someone you just have to know what (who) you are looking for.

I am one, like a few posters have said, that tends to ride that equilibrium with my SO. I would go insane if he had to take charge of everything, but also couldn't stand it if he wanted me to make all the decisions either. The 2 of us are probably more alike in this way than any 2 people I know. He has no problem being confident and forthright, but if I come along and do (say, suggest, etc..) something different he can also see the merits and compromise ot go my way. So, it's not about it being right or wrong, it's about what works for you.

Old 08-15-2009, 10:57 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,554,254 times
Yes. I'd like him to take charge of the lawn mower, the weed whacker, the dishwasher, the washing macine, the dryer, the kitchen, the vaccuum cleaner, the broom and mop...

Sometimes I wish he would take charge but if he did all the time, it would bother me so we're stuck sharing. He does get to take charge of the kitchen though. We'd starve (actually we'd live off of Hamburger helper ) if I did the cooking.

Old 08-15-2009, 11:14 AM

12,115 posts, read 33,695,036 times
Default thanks

for seeing me through lolstacey, i think i really meant that i am not a take charge type in terms of people- pushing but i certainly could be with cooking, house stuff

Old 08-15-2009, 01:46 PM

1,392 posts, read 3,129,009 times
No, I want to be the one in charge!

Old 08-15-2009, 01:55 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,269,659 times
Ever have the "who wears the pants" comment come from someone directed at you as a couple?
Its pretty funny as we never answer in words, because he looks at me, and I look at the questioner with a raised brow. The frozen moment disolves into absolute laughter.
I like to take charge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships