Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 11:02 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,892,966 times

Advertisements

Have you ever been in the middle of being "intimate" with your SO when all of a sudden, you hear an unannounced knock at the door? How did you handle the situation? Did you just wait until they left? Or did you stop, dress, and go answer the door?

The thread is inspired by a little situation I found myself in today. I never go anywhere unannounced but today I did because a couple I'm freinds with were out of town and I went to go check things out at the house to make sure everything was ok. When I got there I seen that they had returned but I was already in the driveway and figured I was obligated to say hello.

When I got to the door the tv and lights were on and the dogs were at the door barking at me. It had all the signs that someone was home except I knocked and nobody answered. I stood for awhile and knocked again but still no answer. I then stepped down into the driveway and sent a text to one of them from whom I didn't get a reply.

I thought ok then, thats cool, I'm outa here. So I backed out of the drive and began driving down the road when she stepped out of the front door and called my name. I stopped and said "where were ya"? She said she was in the bathroom and proceeded to my car to talk for a moment. Then her husband came out and spoke as well. If she was in the bathroom then where was he? Hmmmm.....

So do you guys think I'm right? Have you ever been in either my situation or theirs and how did you handle it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2012, 11:09 PM

37,604 posts, read 45,972,346 times
Well of course. Surely this is a common occurrence for most people.

I don't see where it matters what you are doing when the doorbell rings...if you can't get to the door, so what? Unexpected knocks on the door are not a cause for interrupting anything in my house. Anyone that knows me, has my phone number and can let me know they are coming over.

Old 03-25-2012, 11:09 PM

688 posts, read 897,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Have you ever been in the middle of being "intimate" with your SO when all of a sudden, you hear an unannounced knock at the door? How did you handle the situation?
What knock?

Old 03-25-2012, 11:49 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,194,852 times
I'd ignore it and keep going.

Old 03-25-2012, 11:54 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,043,908 times
Unless important ignore. Or if it's Mormons both of you could greet him in your birthday suits and give him a seizure.

Old 03-25-2012, 11:56 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,226,239 times
There is no situation to me, nothing is more important than what I am involved in at that moment.

Old 03-26-2012, 02:09 AM

61,679 posts, read 87,060,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Well of course. Surely this is a common occurrence for most people.

I don't see where it matters what you are doing when the doorbell rings...if you can't get to the door, so what? Unexpected knocks on the door are not a cause for interrupting anything in my house. Anyone that knows me, has my phone number and can let me know they are coming over.
^^^^ 100% agree with this. And I don't care if I have TV or music on, or my vacuum cleaner can be heard outside the door. People that decide to show up at my door, because they were in the neighborhood, or are bored and want someone to entertain them can't expect to be invited in. I think its VERY rude!!
I don't answer the phone when I am busy either. Leave a message and wait for my response. Yep! Its my house, and I am the king

Old 03-26-2012, 02:40 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,424,458 times
Ignore it, everytime, no brainer.

Old 03-26-2012, 03:05 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,924,998 times
There's no denying it can be a moment killer, but I ain't getting up !!

I don't answer the door to unannounced callers anyway.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:47 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,623,897 times
I have never understood why anyone would ever answer the door or the phone for that matter whilst in the throes of passion ! Having the bell ring is a little bit of a distraction but nothing is going to stop me from carrying on what I started... Well maybe an earthquake or a fire but certainly not a visitor.

I have an absolute horror of unannouncer visitors, I find it really rude.

You might be otherwise engaged as in Nookie, not feeling very well, having other family and friends, having to do something for work or school etc...

People who drop in on you like that are simply throughtless IMO. They think they are just being spontaneous but they actually are being very cavalier with your life and basically happy to subject you to enforced jollity and interaction and submitting you to a form of emotional blackmail.

I only answer the door when I feel like it. Same with the phone. Just because it rings does not mean I have to answer it.

I always find it odd in films when the characters answer the door even if it interupts them having sex. I would be pretty insulted and miffed if Hubby decided that was more important than attending to me at the particular moment.... A bit like people who answer their cell phones whilst out with friends in restaurants, theatres, etc... Get a life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships