Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 04:12 AM

51 posts, read 61,462 times

Advertisements

It's almost 3am and I cant sleep. I feel so screwed up right now. Today I looked on my bf's phone and saw that he has messaged his friend a handful of pics of his exgf.. raunchy crotch shots. I know I shouldn't have looked on his phone but something inside told me to, and considering what I saw, I don't feel all that guilty for doing it.

He was in a relationship with her for a few years and we have been together about the same. I just don't get it. I don't get why he even still has them and why they're "still in use" after all these years. I don't get why he feels it's morally ok to pass them around to his friends. I don't like the idea that if we break up that he might do the same thing with my pics.

He claims that although he's not proud that he sent his friend those pics, because yes, it was sophomorish, it's just not that big a deal to him. He says he understands that I am upset about it but those pics really don't mean anything to him and he feels justified in sending them around because she cheated on him and he has no respect for her. He says he doesn't give a crap about the pics, that he has no attachment to them - he just wanted to show his friend who had been asking about them for awhile.

Is this what guys do? Show pictures around of their conquests? I just feel so crappy.. I know he doesnt want to be with her so that's not it, I just feel kindof stupid now, like his friends mean more to him somehow, that there are no boundaries when it comes to them. He claims there ARE boundaries, that I'm just making too much out of it. I just feel like I see him differently now. My sister says I had a peek into the workings of the male mind and it was a bit of a dose of reality for me - she says not all men are like this, that a more mature, less carefree man wouldn't do something like this. I feel like sh*t.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2012, 04:15 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,923,439 times
Typical little boy.

The lack of respect for his ex is demonstrable tho, be careful this does not transfer onto you

Old 03-26-2012, 04:25 AM

51 posts, read 61,462 times
I know, and I feel sorry for her. She may have cheated but still, she took those just for him.. it was a very intimate and personal gift and little did she know. Now they're burned in my mind as well as his friends'.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:46 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,524,115 times
I know this guy at work who always wants to show me pictures of his wife in her two piece bathing suit. Nothing really racy but still, I don't understand why he would want another guy lusting after his SO.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:48 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,923,439 times
Same as he'd want you to lust after his brand new shiny Ferrari.

Bragging rights and one-upmanship.

Difference with a car is that it doesn't have feelings and wouldn't be offended to be paraded like a trophy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I know this guy at work who always wants to show me pictures of his wife in her two piece bathing suit. Nothing really racy but still, I don't understand why he would want another guy lusting after his SO.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:22 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,263,675 times
He has shown you what he is capable of.

If I were you, I would be extremely careful about letting him take or have any photos of you unless you are in a ski suit or burqa, preferably from a distance. If you ever break up, it won't matter what the reasons are. He'll disrespect you just as much as he disrespects her, and he will betray your privacy just as he betrayed hers, because that is the kind of person he is.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:37 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,005,152 times
Start shopping for a .....new boyfriend. Someone who disrespects other people is liable to expose you to the same treatment when given an opening or chance to do so.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:44 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,202,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hummingbyrd View Post
I know, and I feel sorry for her. She may have cheated but still, she took those just for him.. it was a very intimate and personal gift and little did she know. Now they're burned in my mind as well as his friends'.
Disgusting. I wouldn't be involved w/ someone that did that. Plus, isn't he breaking the law?? Hope you're positive he hasn't sent pics of you, you can't be awake all the time.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:49 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,201,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrmlyBklyn View Post
Start shopping for a .....new boyfriend. Someone who disrespects other people is liable to expose you to the same treatment when given an opening or chance to do so.
This is exactly what I was thinking. Any man who would do this to a woman he knows personally--ex-GF, ex-wife, whoever--is showing immaturity as well as lack of respect. (And why did he have pictures like this in the first place? There's more than meets the eye here.) This is a HUGE red flag and you can look forward to a rocky road romance if you continue with this man.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:57 AM

748 posts, read 1,313,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
This is exactly what I was thinking. Any man who would do this to a woman he knows personally--ex-GF, ex-wife, whoever--is showing immaturity as well as lack of respect. (And why did he have pictures like this in the first place? There's more than meets the eye here.) This is a HUGE red flag and you can look forward to a rocky road romance if you continue with this man.
^^ Ditto...

I am sorry you are going through this, finding stuff like this about a loved one is tough, and dissapointing and plain heart breaking. Be strong, and ask yourself: Is this really the kind of man I want to be with? Only you can set boundaries and expectations in your relationship, and if you no longer feel you can trust him...

Good luck...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships