Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 01:51 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,897,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
Wow! So what happened? Did the employee you accused ever come back? Did he sue?
Nope, he did not sue. In fact, he took it very well. (better than I would have) We just explained the situation and he understood and we admitted we made a mistake. It all blew over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2009, 01:52 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,647,085 times
When I was in 6th grade, a teacher overheard me bragging to my friends that I smoked pot with my brother. (He's four years older than me.) She thought I was a good kid, and she held me after class to talk to me. I cried and confessed. (The school was in a rough neighborhood, and she was one of those teachers they make movies about .. the kind who tries to keep the good kids from going wrong in a bad environment.)

She called my mom to the school and talked to her. Afterwards, my mom was very embarrassed. She came home and called me a liar. She wouldn't take my word over my brother's, even though I was right. I cried and cried.

I then decided to move out with my dad. (They had seperated a year before.) I could no longer live with a woman who didn't trust me. My mom was crushed, but she was stubborn. She refused to bend. A few months after that, she found drugs in my brother's room and confronted him. He exploded on her in anger, and shortly thereafter moved out with his dad. (Different dad.) His dad was a druggie; mine was a kind barber who read the Bible often and tried to live by those words without being self righteous.

My mom apologized to me. She expected me to move back in. I just couldn't. I didn't.

Mom died of cancer in 2006, at the age of 59. When she died, I had long forgiven her, but it still hurts a little when I really thing about it. My brother, who is 37 now, has been homeless in patches, in and out of prison, still on drugs.

If my mom would have humbled herself and listened to what my 6th grade teacher had to say, my brother may have taken a different path. I say "may" because I'm not sure. He's kind of a hard-head, and frankly, by the time he was the age when all of this went down, I think he was already determined to go down the wrong path.

Old 09-01-2009, 02:31 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,643,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy1 View Post
Nope, he did not sue. In fact, he took it very well. (better than I would have) We just explained the situation and he understood and we admitted we made a mistake. It all blew over.
You're lucky. If my employer had made an accusation like that and then been proven wrong, I don't know if I would've sued, but I doubt I would've stayed there. I would've come back, "accepted" their apology, and then quietly start looking for another job.

Old 09-01-2009, 02:33 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,338,885 times
I did and in my situation an apology was not simply enough.

Old 09-01-2009, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
I did and in my situation an apology was not simply enough.
Were you the accuser or the accused? Can you share what happened?

Old 09-01-2009, 04:30 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,897,149 times
Quote:
You're lucky. If my employer had made an accusation like that and then been proven wrong, I don't know if I would've sued, but I doubt I would've stayed there. I would've come back, "accepted" their apology, and then quietly start looking for another job.
Well the "accused" had the responsibility of configuring our network user database. So technically, it was his fault for not deleting the former employee. It just wasn't him, per say, that was forwarding the proposals.

Neither of us had much leverage, but he is a damn good employee and I was happy to apologize and take the blame for that one.

Old 09-02-2009, 10:25 AM

22,183 posts, read 19,227,493 times
Quote:
I no longer trusted her and I think she knew it. everything she said or did from that point onward was tainted. in hindsight, I'm more convinced than ever that my initial suspicions were correct. Regardless of whether I was right or wrong, the friendship had been damaged beyond repair. That whole episode made me more reluctant to confront people, even when I know that I'm right.

i trust my gut. period. no matter what.
i have found that my intuition is reliable.

as far as confronting people, i do that less and less often, just don't see the need to

Old 09-02-2009, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy1 View Post
Well the "accused" had the responsibility of configuring our network user database. So technically, it was his fault for not deleting the former employee. It just wasn't him, per say, that was forwarding the proposals.

Neither of us had much leverage, but he is a damn good employee and I was happy to apologize and take the blame for that one.
You're lucky that he was at fault too.

I read an article one time about a guy who was accused by his employer of giving their cost info to a competitor. The company lost a major customer as a result so the employee was fired. When they finally asked the customer why he switched, he revealed that one the managers had sent him the cost info for their product line. It was an accident. The manager used the auto-complete feature in Outlook. When he thought he was sending the attachment to a colleague, he was actually sending it to the customer. The manager was fired, the employee who was wrongfully accused sued, and the company began losing other customers to the same competitor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships