Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 02:02 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,461,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I'm missing someone to scratch the places that I can't reach...

You just need a cat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 02:14 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,719,897 times
Cats are too aloof. The one that lives here only wants to be scratched on his terms...when HE wants to be scratched--and even then, he's not sure about it.

"I want attention--but don't touch me!"

Old 09-16-2009, 03:40 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,461,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Cats are too aloof. The one that lives here only wants to be scratched on his terms...when HE wants to be scratched--and even then, he's not sure about it.

"I want attention--but don't touch me!"

Well you're not going to be scratching the cat, silly! He will be scratching you. Just pick a fight with him or her and you will be nice and scratched.

If the one at home is a little lazy and won't do it, you can go out and pick a fight with some alley cats.

Old 09-16-2009, 04:37 AM

1,215 posts, read 2,590,223 times
What's missing in my life. Being "in love" with my wife. I love her, but that spark is gone. Hoping to bring it back. 17 yrs. of marriage. Communication is missing also.

Sometimes my mind is missing. ADD

Old 09-16-2009, 04:52 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,226,791 times
A cleaning lady

Old 09-16-2009, 05:20 AM

1,384 posts, read 3,183,232 times
I am missing having someone to teach things to. A child would be perfect to fill this need in my life.

I am blessed because I am a writer, and I can volunteer my knowledge to people who need it, and I enjoy turning on light bulbs when I can, and making people smile because they never thought of a concept quite the way I have put it.

I am missing living in a home of my own that I do not rent, just my husband, me, and my pets.

I am blessed because I have a roof over my head, I am well fed, and even though his mother lives with us, at least she is still alive and has a good relationship with her son.

I am missing a car, because my husband hit a 7 point buck and totaled it.

I am blessed because he survived a huge crash with a 150 lb deer and only cut his ear.

I am missing a job that would help pay bills, help save for a new car, and help build our credit back so we can afford our own home.

I am blessed because I am home every day with my animals, I can do my college homework at my leisure, I can cook nice meals for when they all get home, and I can mow the lawn for exercise.

I am missing having more friends and people to talk to on a human to human basis.

I am blessed because I have lots of quiet time to reflect, write my novels, and enjoy a quiet peaceful life without much responsibility. I am not lonely, but I am alone a lot, and I come here to connect with tons of people, even if I have to imagine hair and eyes and warm hugs.

Old 09-16-2009, 06:13 AM

10,181 posts, read 20,815,372 times
Having close friends and family members nearby. Most of them live four hours away. Not so bad, but it's not like I can just call one up on a whim and do something with them or have them over. So if I had to say something was missing, it would be a healthier and happier social life.

Old 09-16-2009, 07:04 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,405,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Thanks for asking and not to bore anyone...He has crohn's disease, which can vary in severity. He lost his colon almost two decades ago and sports an appliance (bag on his side that he craps in). This might have been ok for somebody else, but he never had the emotional strength to deal with it. Almost 20 years later he's chemically dependent (really) and has been in several motorcyle and auto crashes (prosthetic hip, knee, femur and brain bleeds^100). He's broken dozens of bones. He's so messed up. His doc calls him a train wreck. He has PTSD (of course) and is just unstable. There are so many stories that go with his troubles that it's not really believable. If I had any talent in writing I'd write his story. Either way, he suffers.

Point being, it's difficult to be ok when others aren't. Now I sound depressing! geesh
I wanted to know if he tried the natural approach "The Maker's Diet", written by Jordan Rubin who suffered tremendously from Crohn's disease (almost died) and actually cured himself from it with proper holistic measures.

Old 09-16-2009, 07:07 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,405,482 times
I love all the responses! Keep them coming!

Old 09-16-2009, 07:10 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,343,876 times
A few very important family members, and friends who have past away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships