Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 01:44 PM

328 posts, read 572,971 times

Advertisements

So I have to vent....

I went on a blind date on Thu. and it was only for 30 min or so. The guy seemed ok at first though I think he wasn't happy with me originally being from NY. Forget the whole East Coast West Coast rivalry... the real issue is between Northerners and Southerners. I don't particularly care where you are from but he seemed to make a lot of assumptions about me. Anywho, at the end of the date he didn't ask for my number, I didn't offer it, and well I haven't heard from him since (he could've emailed me since he has my email address).

Afterwards, I was still wide awake and didn't have to go to work the next day so I called up a friend and asked if he wanted to go to the movies. He would've rather stay home so I offered to bring over some movies and chill. (Side bar: Last time we went out he kind of hinted that he was interested in me) Anyway, long story short, I think I scared him off because hes a shy guy and doesn't really say much. I got frustrated cuz I've known him for like 3 years and we have flirted alot over the years. After spending almost 5 hours at his place, talking about various topics, I kinda got upset. Looking back, I should've gone home and went to sleep. But no, I text him something and it went all downhill from there. He called me and asked em what was up. I told him I was tired of always being the one to invite myself to hang out with him and he said "guys dont think like that". HA! At first, he said he would surprise me and that I shouldn't be frustrated. Then he says that he wasn't really looking for a relationship right now (he recently got divorced over a year ago). I told him, what's the big deal! It's not like we are getting married or anything. UGH!! (Maybe the 9 year age difference is taking its toll) So I kinda got irritated and told him that if he wants to hang out or something hes gonna have to call, cuz it has ALWAYS been me, and damnit! why can't I feel like a girl, who has a guy ask her out. Instead, I feel like some desperate woman, hunting after a guy who is only interested after I suggest we go out. UGH!!

Anyway, I'm done! I know I was in the wrong for getting frustrated/ irritated/ upset but I'm not bothering with him anymore. I know that if he was slightly interested, I pretty much blew it with my antics. He's probably like "this is why im staying single". And honestly, I don't blame him. I text him an apology but I'm not really expecting a call/ text/ or anything back.

I'm just so tired of not making a connection with anyone. I miss speaking to someone who gets me. The last person who did was my ex. But there's a reason why hes my ex and I don't plan on going back there. UGH!! I swear, it seems like everyone is dating, engaged or married, and I'm still here, at this point in my life. Nearing 30, successful career wise, but still searching for that special someone.

OKAY, I'm done sulking. Back to reality now. I refuse to be one of those women that b*tch and moan about being single. I refuse! I had my moment and now its gone.

Thanks for listening... I feel much better now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2009, 01:53 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,655,987 times
So....you was basically frustrated from your blind date crashing, called your "friend" and took your frustrations out on him?

Old 09-20-2009, 01:56 PM

328 posts, read 572,971 times
Default Yeah, I know

And poor him, he was blindsided. I know I was wrong but I think its best for all parties involved to just leave it alone. Who knows if he will forgive me for my behavior. UGH!! I'm only human....

Old 09-20-2009, 01:58 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,121,360 times
That sucks, sorry to hear about the blind date. Better luck next time...

Old 09-20-2009, 02:04 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,176,077 times
The situation with the guy that is your 'friend' is quite confusing and there appears to be a lot of mixed signals you are tossing out there. Is he just a friend and if so does he know that, are you interested in dating him and does he know that, do you have romantic feelings for him and does he know that, or do you just want some temporal gratification and does he know that? Your actions are very confusing to me and it wouldn't suprise me if they weren't confusing to him. I have no idea what you are expecting of this man and if you are both on the same page.

Old 09-20-2009, 04:40 PM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,178,879 times
No disrespect please but any time I see a post that's half a page or more I just tell myself well maybe next time

Old 09-20-2009, 05:20 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,976,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLuce View Post
..........Nearing 30, successful career wise, but still searching ............
OMG.....Until here I thought you were in your 50's...................

So you are 29, the "friend" is 20? or 38?

Why are you doing the blind date thing? were you set up by a friend? one of those dating sites? someone from a forum? Maybe you should ask your friend to be a "friend with benefits" with no strings attached. Then you can relieve your frustrations without having to resort to some sort of third party references........

Old 09-20-2009, 05:52 PM

45,323 posts, read 60,500,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLuce View Post
And poor him, he was blindsided. I know I was wrong but I think its best for all parties involved to just leave it alone. Who knows if he will forgive me for my behavior. UGH!! I'm only human....
Do you like him? First off as a friend. If so, you owe him a call and maybe an apology. If he's your friend, he'll accept it.
If you're somewhat interested in him as more than a friend then you might need to be less subtle and a bit more open.

As a side note thinking back, if I was interested in a girl who used me to blow off steam after a date gone bad I would have been pissed. Unless it was a FWB situation, that would have smoothed over the irritation.

Old 09-20-2009, 06:09 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,899,130 times
I also think you should call him and apologize. It sounds like you were upset and wanted some attention a when you didn't receive it, you took your frustration out on him. Seems like he was a good friend and nice guy, so you could ask him if when he's ready, he would like to go out.

Old 09-20-2009, 06:09 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,668,915 times
I think you owe him an apology. You did the old kick the dog thing. You were frustrated from your blind date and took it out on an innocent. You need to fix this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships