Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 07:32 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
My parents gave the world to me...however explained the earning your keep since the age of 16 to get a job.
I'm sorry for you too Raena 16 years old is still a minor child, far from grown up enough to take care of all their needs or pull all their own weight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2009, 07:33 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,539,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Yep. Especially when they're demanding the latest in designer clothes, their own TV, an Xbox, various games, a car when they turn 16. Gimme, gimme, gimme.
Never mind.

Old 09-27-2009, 07:34 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
What about men? Most don't want women who can't contribute a good amount to the family. But right now most should just be happy they have a job and have some kind of form of money coming in.
I've seen couples come in to have their taxes done, and quite honestly, the costs of child care usually exceed one partner's income. Usually the woman's. It isn't cost effective for both to work if there are kids.

Old 09-27-2009, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Yep. Especially when they're demanding the latest in designer clothes, their own TV, an Xbox, various games, a car when they turn 16. Gimme, gimme, gimme.
I had to go back because my first quote didn't get your entire post.

Kids shouldn't demand anything, but that is not what I am talking about. If I made 1 billion a year, I am not going to dress in Armani while my kids are shopping at the Goodwill. It is not a matter of whether or not they need Armani, it is a matter of what they are entitled to as far as quality of life.

Quote:
As to the former point, I'm a man, so yes, I'm obligated to pull my own weight. A woman's place is in the HOME, taking care of her home so that the man can be out earning the income to support her and any children. If she's out in the workforce, then she has that much less time to spend on her kids and her responsibilities at home.
So, let me get this straight:

1. Everyone should pull their own weight.

2. But, she shouldn't work because her place is in the home and with the kids.

3. She should stay with him no matter what he does to be worthy of any support, and only while she is married to him. So, if she files for divorce because he is beating the crap out of her, she is not worthy of support, because she had the nerve to file and end their marriage, because he beat the crap out of her.

4. She can cheat on him and get him to file for divorce and still be entitled to a "handout".

5. "Her" kids are not entitled to anything but the basics, even if dad owns million dollar properties all over the world.

Makes sense. Yep.

Old 09-27-2009, 07:48 PM

Will he file?

How many divorces are filed by men? I think we've covered that territory before.

Every MAN should pull his own weight, but women should be placed on a pedestal and treated accordingly.

So, if you're a Hilton, you're entitled to be a rich snob who looks down their nose at everyone else? I see.

Old 09-27-2009, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Will he file?

How many divorces are filed by men? I think we've covered that territory before.
What is the point? That men don't file or that they file less?

Quote:
Every MAN should pull his own weight, but women should be placed on a pedestal and treated accordingly.
Until she has the nerve to leave, even if he ended the marriage through his actions.

Quote:
So, if you're a Hilton, you're entitled to be a rich snob who looks down their nose at everyone else? I see.
What are you talking about? What does this have to do with providing support for your kids that is proportional to your income. Not more, just proportional.

Old 09-27-2009, 07:59 PM

Because providing proportional support, instead of making them work for it, helps them grow into being rich snobs that look down their noses at other people--because they're getting handouts from dad that other people around them may not have gotten.

Old 09-27-2009, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
W
Until she has the nerve to leave, even if he ended the marriage through his actions.
Or, she just randomly decided to leave the guy, and take him to the cleaners in the process.

I don't believe I've ever broken up with ANY woman I've been with. They broke up with ME...I'd been doing the "right thing", but they'd leave on a whim.

Old 09-27-2009, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Or, she just randomly decided to leave the guy, and take him to the cleaners in the process.
LOL...either/or. So you approve of her staying in an abusive marriage, despite your claim that he should support her and put her on a pedestal? And you're okay with her staying with an infidel, despite your claim that he should put her on a pedestal.

Quote:
I don't believe I've ever broken up with ANY woman I've been with. They broke up with ME...I'd been doing the "right thing", but they'd leave on a whim.
That doesn't mean you should have stayed with them.

So, you are agreeing with those 5 points then?

In that case, I have news for ya. She is not only entitled to spousal support, depending on the laws of her state, but she is also entitled to compensation for the abuse. So he will get screwed royally, based on your thinking.

Old 09-27-2009, 08:11 PM

She is entitled to remain in the marriage and be supported by him.

If he was an abuser, she should have seen that in him BEFORE she married him. People do not change their essential character.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships