Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 10:38 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,440,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
You don't have to me a model. Normal healthy women are beautiful. If you know how to dress, there will be no competition. Not in Illinois.

Wow, you just made my day! Thanks!

(PS, I know about the other stuff, it just seems like "more protein, less carbs" is all the rage right now. Well, when you are mostly vegetarian pretty much everything is carbs)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2009, 10:25 AM

20,724 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie3 View Post
Wow, you just made my day! Thanks!

(PS, I know about the other stuff, it just seems like "more protein, less carbs" is all the rage right now. Well, when you are mostly vegetarian pretty much everything is carbs)

Hi Annie3,

I am not a vegetarian but I do not have a meat centric diet, its just part of it. I eat a lot of beans, nuts, avocados, mushrooms, yogurt(though our yogurt is junk. Make your own and use Greek culture.), tofu and cheese. You have to be careful being a vegan because western societies tend not to have insect contamination. In India it was the termite eggs that kept everyone healthy. Not sure why anyone would not be interested in cheese anyway. Nothing like a springtime turnip and foraged burdoc center stalk Au Gratin. Find a source with happy animals. Same with chickens. $4-5 a dozen is no worse than what people pay for meat and everyone wins including true free range chickens . We should be using the high plains scrub for ruminants anyway. That we farm it like we do east of the 100th meridian is idiotic.

They don't seem to mind.

But if you are vegan, go legumes. Its just missing sulfur to synthesize any protein you need . I think that is why garlic and onions go so well with it. God gave man the perfect food. The devil put gas in it.

Old 09-29-2009, 06:38 PM

890 posts, read 2,786,011 times
i like fat sausage

Old 09-29-2009, 11:58 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,144,684 times
Even slender women who are in shape and eat healthy are unlikely to be true hourglasses though. Genetics determine where fat is deposited, so unless you are carrying excess fat (which many women are), or have really built up your obliques, your hip to waist ratio is what it is. If you have a flat tummy and tiny waist, you're probably not going to be as well-endowed as Sophia Loren.

And notice the photo of Sophia Loren shows her in a corset, something her & women of older generations used more often (or girdles, or whatever you want to call them), and I bet those recent actresses have a lot of help from their undergarments also... It's very common for female celebs to use body shapers and that sort of thing.

Anyway, where's the article on why men have huge beer bellies now and toothpick arms? Hmmm?

Old 09-30-2009, 01:55 AM

1,156 posts, read 3,782,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
How Your Diet Wrecks Your Waist to Hip Ratio « Healthhabits

According to some of the luckiest scientists on earth, a woman’s waist to hip ratio may be the most important factor in determining her physical attractiveness.
So, how come America’s women have added an average of 6″ to their waistlines since the 1950s?

Yikes. Maybe that's the old fashion that we miss? I'll raise you a body by Budweiser.
Her: Oh greaaaaaat. Just what we need: something else for women to pick at themselves about. I can see it now: "honey, is my waste to hip ratio okay?"

Him: Sorry honey, but I didn't know there would be any math when I decided to go out with you."

Old 09-30-2009, 01:57 AM

1,156 posts, read 3,782,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Yeah, but you cheat - creatine.

It's true, though - our culture has become too addicted to fast and easy things. Whether it's cars, food, stories or relationships, the typical US citizen is interested only in speed.
You forgot credit.

Old 09-30-2009, 03:45 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,624,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobE View Post
You forgot credit.

Thank you - I don't know how I could overlook that!

Old 09-30-2009, 09:44 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
Even slender women who are in shape and eat healthy are unlikely to be true hourglasses though. Genetics determine where fat is deposited, so unless you are carrying excess fat (which many women are), or have really built up your obliques, your hip to waist ratio is what it is. If you have a flat tummy and tiny waist, you're probably not going to be as well-endowed as Sophia Loren.
"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." - Sophia Loren

One of the great beauties of the world ... I don't know where she puts that spaghetti.

Old 09-30-2009, 09:50 AM

748 posts, read 1,314,447 times
What ever happened to be a size over 10 and been beautiful, i.e. Marilyn Monroe, she was a size 12.

People are so obsessed with losing weight... is ridiculous!!! I am a happy size 10, sometimes 12, sometimes 8... who cares? If I am healthy, what else is there?

Old 09-30-2009, 09:50 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,624,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." - Sophia Loren

One of the great beauties of the world ... I don't know where she puts that spaghetti.
I don't either, but I wouldn't mind searching for it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships