Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What type of look for a woman do you find MOST attractive?
The sweet wholesome girl next door look (big eyes, innocent and angelic look hardly wears makeup). 53 45.30%
The tomboy look (no make up always wearing jeans and tees) 11 9.40%
The Hollywood look (Every feature on the face is perfect like Megan Fox, Cameron Diaz, Rihanna) 1 0.85%
The exotic look 16 13.68%
The Sophisticated look, (hair in place perfectly same with the make up) 13 11.11%
The plastic very very fake look (Kelly Ripa) 2 1.71%
The sexy look (always wearing something form-fitting and always wearing make-up) 9 7.69%
Other (please explain) 12 10.26%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 08:10 PM

606 posts, read 1,234,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellfire View Post
I like being called "exotic" looking. I don't think it's an insult at all.
Hi yell, I would love to be called exotic looking. My best friend is Indian (India) and people tell her that she is exotic looking. I am more sweet, innocent girl next door looking, which I don't mind!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2009, 08:21 PM

1,193 posts, read 3,993,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi Mr.Cat,

Not at all. I figure a librarian who takes her glasses off and lets her hair down can now do the slutty look. Did you watch Wonder Woman with Linda Carter or something?
Now that is what I'm talkin' about...

Old 10-02-2009, 08:22 PM

8 posts, read 13,033 times
sexy look followed by wholesome

Old 10-02-2009, 08:26 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post

Nominated for the joke of the year! What am I talking about...?! Just nominated...

And the CD RL BS award for the year goes tuuuuuuu.... Mind Fuuuuuu!
You are too funny. Tried to rep you but need to spread the love.

Old 10-02-2009, 08:52 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
They are crazy. Being called "exotic" is a compliment, if anything.
I'm a little bit on the fence on this one like some others... I've been called "exotic" sometimes and even though I know people mean well, it just doesn't sit well with me for some reason... It's probably because I didn't grow up feeling "exotic." I just looked like the majority of women of my (also predominantly Caucasian) nationality looked - more or less. Maybe some find me "exotic" here, but it just doesn't quite sound like a compliment to me, particularly because more often than not I've been taken again for a Mexican simply because Arizonans consider everybody who's not blond a Mexican. I've nothing against Mexicans per se, but this has gotten sooooo OLD!!!!!!!!! I'm a brunette from Europe like you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
You are too funny. Tried to rep you but need to spread the love.
I am, but you were funnier here!

Old 10-02-2009, 10:06 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,607,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
I see the OP has added a poll after many of our replies, but I do have one question for him - What makes you think Kelly Ripa is plastic and very very fake looking?
That's what I was wondering

And Cameron Diaz being described as "every feature on her face is perfect" now that is the next funniest joke of the day after you and Sierra's joke

Old 10-02-2009, 10:09 PM

52,282 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
That's what I was wondering

And Cameron Diaz being described as "every feature on her face is perfect" now that is the next funniest joke of the day after you and Sierra's joke
Cameron Diaz is to attractive women like KFC is to chicken.

You do the math.

Old 10-02-2009, 10:11 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,607,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Cameron Diaz is to attractive women like KFC is to chicken.

You do the math.
She's finger lickin good?

Old 10-02-2009, 10:13 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,385,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I'm a little bit on the fence on this one like some others... I've been called "exotic" sometimes and even though I know people mean well, it just doesn't sit well with me for some reason... It's probably because I didn't grow up feeling "exotic." I just looked like the majority of women of my (also predominantly Caucasian) nationality looked - more or less. Maybe some find me "exotic" here, but it just doesn't quite sound like a compliment to me, particularly because more often than not I've been taken again for a Mexican simply because Arizonans consider everybody who's not blond a Mexican. I've nothing against Mexicans per se, but this has gotten sooooo OLD!!!!!!!!! I'm a brunette from Europe like you.

I am, but you were funnier here!
I can understand why you might feel strange about it after hearing the explanation. Based on personal experience, if people call you "exotic", they mean it in a good way (especially from men). Expressions like "exotic beauty" are far more common then let's say: "caucasian beauty". I also don't think it has anything to do with nationality. I think has a lot to do with slightly darker complexion, certain eye shape/color, hair... Like we can't call Jennifer Aniston "exotic" and she has a greek heritage (doesn't mean she is not hot though). Think Sophie Loren, think Elizabeth Taylor (as Cleopatra)...

Old 10-02-2009, 10:16 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
No kiddin'! I'm curious to see what she's gonna look like when she gets older...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships