Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2009, 10:48 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
What if it is cloudy next week and looks like rain do you cancel? What if it is sunny and you forget sunglasses? How cold is to cold? How hot is to hot? How windy is to windy? What is the protocol for snow? How on earth do you decide on such weather conditions and how far in advance do you call the date off? What happens if you are one hour into the date and the weather changes and it starts raining during a first date...do you guys end it right away? I would love to know how you figure all this out

When Hurricane Charley came through in August 2004, it was supposed to head further north. It didn't. Would you plan a date with a hurricane coming your way? Would you go on a date in the middle of a blizzard, or a regular storm with gusts of wind over 30 mph?

How many people do you suppose went on with their plans, saying "It's not supposed to hit US."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2009, 10:48 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danameless View Post
Won't the water make it difficult for you to hold on to your plastic date? Or do they make the dolls in latex now?
His doll would be" slippery when wet"

Old 10-03-2009, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
There are a couple of posters on this thread and others of TVSG's who are running rampant back and forth like mad. I have given up on him. As much of a joke as he is I thought he might be salvaged but every attempt on my part has been to no avail.

He sent me a DM this evening bemoaning my absence.

Have fun with him, everyone, and maybe a better person than I might eventually have success in turning him around. Bon chance!
Well there is a god....so maybe..

FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
There are a couple of posters on this thread and others of TVSG's who are running rampant back and forth like mad. I have given up on him. As much of a joke as he is I thought he might be salvaged but every attempt on my part has been to no avail.

He sent me a DM this evening bemoaning my absence.

Have fun with him, everyone, and maybe a better person than I might eventually have success in turning him around. Bon chance!
I want you to be the SUN in my SKY

1,848 posts, read 4,684,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I understand the closeness part but for the beginning I like a beautiful evening so I can

sit outside and eat
sit in the park and talk
walk and talk at waterfront
look at the romantic atmoshphere at night.

The Rain takes all that away from me
Unless the rain was posing a major flooding issue in your city which would make it difficult to drive or travel to your meeting spot, I would think that you were being a bit over dramatic.

So basically, if you called it off for safety, fine - but anything other than that is a bit silly. Also, if you called it off the day of the date, that is pretty rude...

Old 10-03-2009, 10:52 PM

2,905 posts, read 7,349,962 times
Quote:
In the car, but I didn't want to be holding the umbrella and walking in puddles and splashing water. You know what I mean
No, I don't. Really. Splashing?

Quote:
That's what I did, I rescheduled the date. I just thought that most people would not be interested in going out on a rainy night with someone they just met. 4th or 5th, different story.
4th or 5th? So you actually might cancel multiple dates due to rain and you think you are going to get to a 4th or 5th date with that person?

Quote:
I'm not going to POSTPONE twice due to rain. if it rained next week I would just go ahead with the date
Wait, I thought rain would be okay on the 4th or 5th? Now you will go next week even if it rains?

Holy Hell, this is the craziest thing I ever heard. Unless we were going on an outdoor date, I cannot imagine a date being canceled due to rain. And even then, I would just think the guy really wasn't that into me if he canceled altogether instead of going somewhere else with cover.

If the guy can't make it out in the rain, how the hell is he going to make it out in the snow?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kek1993 View Post
That would seem sort of strange and rude to me. I would think that the guy met someone else he would rather hang out with, either that or he has some wierd mental issues. Either way, don't bother to call back.
Yeah, I have a feeling this woman is going to come up with some sort of excuse in the long week ahead.

Old 10-03-2009, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr1039 View Post
Unless the rain was posing a major flooding issue in your city which would make it difficult to drive or travel to your meeting spot, I would think that you were being a bit over dramatic.

So basically, if you called it off for safety, fine - but anything other than that is a bit silly. Also, if you called it off the day of the date, that is pretty rude...

No I called her last night

Old 10-03-2009, 10:55 PM

720 posts, read 1,408,158 times
Quote:
no you wouldn't
You're right I wouldn't b/c I'd never be trolling on Craigslist, Plenty O Hoes, or any other dating site to get the chance to DISS ya corny butt. I have standards and you don't tip my scale even a little bit. So don't flatter yourself thinking you would have a chance in rain, snow, sleet or hail....

Old 10-03-2009, 10:55 PM

Quote:
I want you to be the SUN in my SKY
Cracking up<~~ but you are the thorn in her side...the itch she can't reach...the sore that won't heal...the gnat that won't fly away...the stinky oder that won't go away...

Old 10-03-2009, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytotwo View Post
No, I don't. Really. Splashing?

4th or 5th? So you actually might cancel multiple dates due to rain and you think you are going to get to a 4th or 5th date with that person?

Wait, I thought rain would be okay on the 4th or 5th? Now you will go next week even if it rains?

Holy Hell, this is the craziest thing I ever heard. Unless we were going on an outdoor date, I cannot imagine a date being canceled due to rain. And even then, I would just think the guy really wasn't that into me if he canceled altogether instead of going somewhere else with cover.

If the guy can't make it out in the rain, how the hell is he going to make it out in the snow?!?!

Yeah, I have a feeling this woman is going to come up with some sort of excuse in the long week ahead.

I wanted to take a walk after the coffee and talk and since I would be unable to have a NICE WALK in pouring rain I decided to move it back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships