Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 09:00 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
A guy with a full head of hair doesn't put a razor anywhere near his head.
Yeah, I think so, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2012, 09:41 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Quote:
It seems like there are a lot of single women, even in places like NY, LA, and SF, because they are holding out for those shaved-head "bad boy" types. That's why I see. Case in point is how many women drool over Vin Diesel. The Vin Diesel-alike in "real life" typically has very little to offer for the long-term. I think the thread was addressing natural baldness. However, I think most shaved-head types go that route because they see themselves on the way to baldness anyway.

It's a good thing I have met some clean cut bald guys too. I actually like preppier men.

Although in hollywood bald head = bad boy.

I have one friend who has great hair, and he pretty much started to shave his head after high school. Because with hair, he felt like he looked a little too pretty boy.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:56 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Does anyone remember Yul Brynner? "The King and I"? He was quite the heart-throb for a certain generation.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Does anyone remember Yul Brynner? "The King and I"? He was quite the heart-throb for a certain generation.
I remember him, but I'd never consider him a heartthrob.

Old 04-24-2012, 07:12 AM

480 posts, read 1,917,755 times
Quote:
It seems like there are a lot of single women, even in places like NY, LA, and SF, because they are holding out for those shaved-head "bad boy" types. That's why I see. Case in point is how many women drool over Vin Diesel. The Vin Diesel-alike in "real life" typically has very little to offer for the long-term. I think the thread was addressing natural baldness. However, I think most shaved-head types go that route because they see themselves on the way to baldness anyway.

I shave my head, and I work in finance and wear a suit to work.

However, there isn't that much hair left that grows. When you're cursed with very early onset male pattern baldness (mine started thinning before my 20th birthday), there isn't really much you can do - you can either try to embrace the "Vin Diesel" look, do the pathetic combover, or grow a ponytail and look like a Hell's Angel.

Of all the things we can do medically, a REAL baldness cure that isn't either super expensive or laden with side effects for minimal effectiveness doesn't seem to exist.

At 34 years old, if I don't shave, I have the classic "horseshoe" of hair and that's it, aside from a few strands on top.

My wife likes it that way (shaved, not horseshoe), thank God, at least some women do!

Old 04-24-2012, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Yeah, I think so, too.
That's probably true. Although its been so long since I had a full head of hair, I can't remember.

Even when I DID have hair, I couldn't make it look good, I had this damn "double crown" so it wouldn't style right unless I buzzed it or did the "Kurt Cobain" and grow it longish and part down the middle.

Old 04-24-2012, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairmetal4ever View Post
it wouldn't style right unless I buzzed it or did the "Kurt Cobain" and grow it longish and part down the middle.
Many men claim this, but I think most do it out of laziness and/or unwillingness to go to a decent place to get a haircut.

Old 04-24-2012, 07:19 AM

1,503 posts, read 1,856,822 times
Quote:
I shave my head, and I work in finance and wear a suit to work.

However, there isn't that much hair left that grows. When you're cursed with very early onset male pattern baldness (mine started thinning before my 20th birthday), there isn't really much you can do - you can either try to embrace the "Vin Diesel" look, do the pathetic combover, or grow a ponytail and look like a Hell's Angel.

Of all the things we can do medically, a REAL baldness cure that isn't either super expensive or laden with side effects for minimal effectiveness doesn't seem to exist.

At 34 years old, if I don't shave, I have the classic "horseshoe" of hair and that's it, aside from a few strands on top.

My wife likes it that way (shaved, not horseshoe), thank God, at least some women do!
Sounds like my husband. We dated in high school and he had a buzz cut, but by graduation, I could see it getting a bit thin on top if you looked closely.

These days he's got nothing except on the sides. I still love his sexy bald head though--he shaves it clean.

Old 04-24-2012, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Many men claim this, but I think most do it out of laziness and/or unwillingness to go to a decent place to get a haircut.
Wanna bet?

I spent 20 - 30 minutes daily on my hair in high school, trying everything from spray, to gel, to mousse, to spray gel, trying to get SOMETHING to work.

Old 04-24-2012, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Wanna bet?

I spent 20 - 30 minutes daily on my hair in high school, trying everything from spray, to gel, to mousse, to spray gel, trying to get SOMETHING to work.
I'm not saying there aren't exceptions, but the majority just think Super Cuts is a fine place to get a haircut or just have your hair buzzed off, so that you don't need a haircut often.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships