Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 12:01 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,189,782 times

Advertisements

Sure, and I still want to ring is flippin' neck. j/k. Since they've always been in my life for long periods of course i think of them. I don't obsess about them, but they pop into my head, particularly those that have been in my current home for whatever reason.

It also depends upon what I'm doing, one shared his love of music with me so I recall him when I listen to things, one liked to cook together so of course when I'm cooking I think of him. So it depends on the situation and investment.

Plus, at some point, and it could be for miles and years, every ex I've ever had (with the exception of one pompos arse) has popped into my life again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2009, 12:02 PM

19,775 posts, read 22,673,762 times
No. I married a gorgeous saint of a woman so I don't give a rats butt about any of my past gf's.

Of course that was waaaaaaaaaaay back in H.S. over 25 years ago, and honestly I can't really remember s*it that far back anyway.

Old 10-20-2009, 12:17 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,807,541 times
Yeah, the only girlfriend I've ever had and she married the guy she got together with after we broke up. Not only that, but I later found out she didn't want kids. That would have been great, oh well...she always thought of me as wild, so it probably wouldn't have worked out long term.

Old 10-20-2009, 12:24 PM

3,849 posts, read 9,424,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
You made a healthy choice for yourself - GOOD FOR YOU. We all know how choosing to eat veggies over a delicious slice of chocolate cake can be really hard though!
Thanks, I know I made a good choice. I realize now that I was in denial the entire time we were "together", meaning I was with him just to be in a relationship (I had never been in one before), and was looking past all the blatant red flags he practically wore on his forehead. Luckily we never "did" anything, so I don't regret too much. We both had level heads in that regard. Anyway, I still think about him...it was nice to be liked by a guy. That's never happened to me before.

Old 10-20-2009, 12:26 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Yes. Not so much now as I used to but a "first love" is not an easy thing to forget.

Old 10-20-2009, 12:30 PM

8,262 posts, read 18,487,747 times
Yes! There is 1 old g/f that I think about ALOT! Sort of "what if." I wish she would go away!!!!!

Old 10-20-2009, 12:31 PM

2,543 posts, read 4,886,821 times
Yeah, I still think of my ex-boyfriend from high school at times. We still keep in contact, once in a while, by e-mail. We had a very long relationship in high school (a little over 3 1/2 years, almost 4). He proposed to me when I was a senior, but I had plans to leave that little small town in Texas (where we went to high school at) and go into the Army. I had already taken my physical and passed. They just had the wait til I graduated to go off to boot camp. So, I said no to his proposal, but we were still a couple before I left.

I had went and saw him last year back home in Texas. But it wasn't really good. I left after 12 days being there (his soon to be ex-wife, if they actually do get divorced, was kind of meddling around with us. Like stalking or something). His mom and dad said that she wasn't allowed anywhere near them, but when I left, I heard she was allowed back to live with him again. She even e-mailed me a few times saying that as soon as I left, his mom and dad let her back in their home to live with them (he was still living with his mother and father)!!

It was so messed up. So, I told him last week that I can't ever see him again, but that I will still think of him and wish him well.

Old 10-20-2009, 02:06 PM

1,275 posts, read 3,416,146 times
I dated this guy off and on in college and eventhough it's been 10 yrs, I still think of him once in awhile. Strangely, he showed up in a dream last nite, which is wierd since I haven't thought of him in a yr. or so. We did NOT have a good relationship at all, he was a perfect arse, VERY immature, but I can honestly say that I have never been so attracted to someone in my life. The chemistry we had was truly amazing, just raw attraction. I have been engaged and completely in love, and that was the best sex because it was so emotional and of course we had chemistry too but I've never felt that raw attraction to anyone like I did with "college boy". The only reason I haven't contacted him(he's on Facebook) is because he was such a jerk and the past is the past for a reason. I just always thought somehow we would meet again because I did have some uncanny experiences where I hadn't seen him in yrs, and ended up running into him in a different state. Oh well, it would all be predicated on him having matured and stopped acting rude but ppl change so much in 10 yrs that it would all probably be pointless. Thanks for letting me ramble, I hope I didn't bore anyone to tears, lol.

Old 10-20-2009, 02:11 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
Do you, despite if you are single, married, ect, still occasionally think about one of your ex-girlfriends/boyfriends? How long has it been since that relationship ended? Why do you think that you still think of them,was it good physical chemistry, "the one that got away", a great friend? With the advent of so many networking sites(Facebook, Twitter, MySpace), would you ever try to contact that person again?
I have one. We broke up over some childish mess abut kept in touch. After some time had passed we started talking more and thinking about the possibilty of getting back together then he told me he had a baby on the way but he and the girl weren't in a relationship (and had never been in one)

I just kinda shut the door on the whole thing and moved on; changed my number and pretty much put the word out via my girlfriends that I wasn't interested but every once in awhile I'll catch myself thinking about him.

Old 10-20-2009, 02:11 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,385,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
Do you, despite if you are single, married, ect, still occasionally think about one of your ex-girlfriends/boyfriends? How long has it been since that relationship ended? Why do you think that you still think of them,was it good physical chemistry, "the one that got away", a great friend? With the advent of so many networking sites(Facebook, Twitter, MySpace), would you ever try to contact that person again?
Thankfully no. None of my exs even come close to my husband. I don't have that nagging feeling that I made a mistake with someone, or let someone get away. I think I'm also happy that I was so fearless during my younger years. Whoever I wanted, I just went for them, nothing stopped me. This way, I've got no regrets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships