Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2009, 07:17 PM

19,438 posts, read 15,286,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellfire View Post
I did NOT see zombieland, don't mind the spoiler at all, I wanted to see it anyway, now I just want to see it more!!!

Don't be embarrassed at how many movies, I didn't mean that to sound hoity-toity... I hoard CDs and books. And then I rip the CDs to iTunes and I could check out as many books at the library as I want... everybody has their thing. For me, I love the way a new CD jewel case/ notes smells when it's first opened, you don't get that from iTunes. And books, OMG, I write in them in pencil and stick post-its in them and cross-reference them... I shoulda been a librarian...
LOL, I just realized that I learned how to use the spoiler button, but it didn't really help much because you didn't know what I was referring to in the first place; I had that hidden behind the spoiler button! Oh, well, next time...

Haha, I should have been a librarian, too. I do the same thing, with everything! Sometimes Chow says, "Today, I don't want to see or hear anything about a list!" Poor Chow's a saint sometimes.

Old 12-19-2009, 07:17 PM

1,057 posts, read 2,013,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Okay, I'm showing my age here, but remember the old mimeograph machines they used to print tests in school and every one would sniff them? That's what that reminded me of.
Oh yeah, I'm not so young that I don't remember those... funny, the whole class with paper up to our faces...

Old 12-19-2009, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
L

Haha, I should have been a librarian, too. I do the same thing, with everything! Sometimes Chow says, "Today, I don't want to see or hear anything about a list!" Poor Chow's a saint sometimes.
It's far better to have only one "organizer" in the relationship. If both of you were heavily detail-oriented, you'd get bogged down in them.

Old 12-19-2009, 07:25 PM

Quote:
And BTW I'm jealous that you know how to use the 'spoiler' feature, I still can't multiquote LOL. It's cool though, I'm good at a lot of other things and gosh-darn it, people like me.
LOL - okay, Stuart!

The multi-quote button is right next to the quote one. Just click on it for each post you want to respond to, and then for the last post you want to respond to, hit the quote (not multi-quote) button and it should show all of the posts you want to respond to. Just answer each post directly after where it appears, before the next person's post.

Does that make any sense at all? I think I've confused myself.

Old 12-19-2009, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
LOL - okay, Stuart!

The muti-quote button is right next to the quote one. Just click on it for each post you want to respond to, and then for the last post you want to respond to, hit the quote button and it should show all of the posts you want to respond to. Just answer each post directly after where it appears, before the next person's post.

Does that make any sense at all? I think I've confused myself.
I'll try it, but likely on the Canada forum first so no one will recognize me if I screw it up...

Old 12-19-2009, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Okay, I'm showing my age here, but remember the old mimeograph machines they used to print tests in school and every one would sniff them? That's what that reminded me of.
Yes! That was so funny - what was the allure there? I remember they were also called "dittos," which brings up another golden oldie, the Dittos jeans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL, that's what I keep telling myself.

I should have posted that on the "what saying get you through" thread.
LOL, that was pretty funny, Chow. I just might rep you.

Quote:
It's far better to have only one "organizer" in the relationship. If both of you were heavily detail-oriented, you'd get bogged down in them.
I heard that. We're bogged enough as it is!

Old 12-19-2009, 07:35 PM

Quote:
i'll try it, but likely on the canada forum first so no one will recognize me if i screw it up...
LOL! <blank parser>

5,024 posts, read 8,903,876 times
Quote:
I remember! *Everybody stares*

16,076 posts, read 28,591,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I gotta lose a few pounds anyways.
Yeah, its not like the loss of a couple pounds will hurt me

Old 12-19-2009, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
I remember! *Everybody stares*
Hee-hee... Wasn't the ink purple? And usually blurry?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.