Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 01:40 PM

240 posts, read 437,343 times

Advertisements

crying isjust our way of relieving all that we are feeling it is quit normal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2009, 04:20 PM

1,241 posts, read 1,895,745 times
It's okay to cry. I hope you are not overwhelmed and depressed. If you are feeling down then you need a little time to yourself. While you are by yourself do something you love to do (hobby), play old school video games with a role of quarters, or go to a playground and watch the kids run around and play. If no one's looking then get on the swings and rock your cares away.
Sometimes we get lost in "today's world" with life's challenges and often when we were kids the smallest things made us so happy.

Old 12-08-2009, 08:47 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,790,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
But after the crying, the problems are still there. So what's the difference with crying and feeling sorry for yourself day after day over the same stresses, and just dealing with the problems head on and keeping them in proper perspective? The daily stresses that you are crying over just aren't worth crying over. By crying, you are making them into a bigger problem than they really deserve. Laughing over split milk is just telling yourself that trivial things that you have no control over are NOT worth crying about or making them into any sort of bigger deal.

Laughing is a proper release and a much better response than a good cry.

Crying also suggests sadness, and eventually it will make you look older than you really are. By contrast, by ME being in honest good humour with my life, I am frequently mistaken for being 20 years younger than I really am. And looking serious or unhappy makes me look a lot older...

Anyway, the O.P. asked for our opinions not our sympathies, and that's what I am giving her, just my honest opinions. I am also very happy with my life and I'm just trying to help her out. And in good conscience, there is no way I can condone or encourage her daily weeping habits.

glass is half full hide your emotions and not deal with them type...funny to me..God made tears for a reason...once the tears flow the spirit is a little bit cleaner....p.s. ..there are lots of girls that think the same way as you but i saw this show "tough love" and eventually everyone of those girls had walls put up and that guy steve made those people face the truth and they all eventually cryed...so you must have been damaged emotionally at a younger age and just dont realize the extent of it to just block everything out with laughter like that.....it doesnt impress me ...i respect people who are real about thier emotions actually

Last edited by RazorRob305; 12-08-2009 at 09:06 PM..

Old 12-08-2009, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Even real men cry sometimes

As stated previously, we all know crying won't change a bad situation but what it can do is relieve the frustration or upset you are feeling - it's a healthy release of emotions. AND THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH IT. In fact, the healthier you are emotionally the more likely you are to understand the value of shedding a few tears when necessary.

I agree....too many phonies and tough guy wannabees on here....if they never had a moment where the tears just came without them thinking of the situation to make them come then they havent been through anything tough enough to make them a real man....ive had times where i just cryed from the stress of seeing my brothers face cut open from a car accident to times when i saw how hard my mom tryed in life but things got taken from her because a man felt threatened by her position at her job so she lost it and in return lost her house she tryed and tryed to get her whole life....i cryed when they said she has problems with her liver that might not be fixed and she has pain every night too....you're a heartless dude not to cry for the people you care about in a tough situation...there's a ytime to laugh a time to cry and a time to pick up the pieces and move on...so quit trying to front like your tough because thats not true....its just that you are heartless

Old 12-08-2009, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
No disrespect to anyone but some of you need to man up for real. I guess I'm one of those "man up" type of men that even when stuff gets to me (which I don't allow it) to the point of crying, I don't shed the waterworks because for me, crying doesn't do any good. It's not going to change the situation so why go through all the drama of crying? It's just going to re-open those wounds that you may want left alone.

i'll tell you what ....i had 4 teeth pulled 3 weeks ago...you know how many damn pain pills i took?....none....how many did you take honestly for that kind of pain...and guess what...i cry sometimes .....not over petty stuff but somethings in life make you shed tears sometimes if you've had a real life....if not then maybe you just dont understand your emotions because they havent been tested yet

Old 12-08-2009, 09:15 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,942,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
No disrespect to anyone but some of you need to man up for real. I guess I'm one of those "man up" type of men that even when stuff gets to me (which I don't allow it) to the point of crying, I don't shed the waterworks because for me, crying doesn't do any good. It's not going to change the situation so why go through all the drama of crying? It's just going to re-open those wounds that you may want left alone.
Yep.

The only time I "cry" is when the eye doctor is testing tear production.

I have been through extreme physical pain and have never once cried. I certainly have never cried for "stress" or "emotional" reasons.

I really find it hard to take seriously so called "sensitive" men. Man up.

Old 12-08-2009, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by th3vault View Post
Yep.

The only time I "cry" is when the eye doctor is testing tear production.

I have been through extreme physical pain and have never once cried. I certainly have never cried for "stress" or "emotional" reasons.

I really find it hard to take seriously so called "sensitive" men. Man up.

good for you buddy..hold it in like a man...lol...it impresses all the people in your path

Old 12-09-2009, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
good for you buddy..hold it in like a man...lol...it impresses all the people in your path
It's not "holding it in". I honestly am not as affected by emotions and stress as most people seem to be.

If I absolutley need "stress relief", I hit the gym or the punching bag or go for a run.

Old 12-09-2009, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
i'll tell you what ....i had 4 teeth pulled 3 weeks ago...you know how many damn pain pills i took?....none....how many did you take honestly for that kind of pain...and guess what...i cry sometimes .....not over petty stuff but somethings in life make you shed tears sometimes if you've had a real life....if not then maybe you just dont understand your emotions because they havent been tested yet
And you think not taking pain pills is a sign of toughness? If the pain was really bad you should have taken the pills, if it wasn't then they weren't needed.

I had 4 teeth pulled a couple months ago. The first two weren't bad, the last two were and I darn well took the pills for the last two.

Old 12-09-2009, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by th3vault View Post
And you think not taking pain pills is a sign of toughness? If the pain was really bad you should have taken the pills, if it wasn't then they weren't needed.

I had 4 teeth pulled a couple months ago. The first two weren't bad, the last two were and I darn well took the pills for the last two.

lol...you are so transparent that it's like looking at a comedy show going on behind 20 inch steel walls and only a few have the special glasses needed to see this show...werent you in the Cobra Kai dojo too...lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships