Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 11:02 AM

43 posts, read 141,012 times

Advertisements

My friends like going to nite clubs but it was never my thing, so they do not even ask me no more. I do not like the vibe very much.

Is there anyone out there that feels like clubs are overrated and its just a place to meet men and women. Basically is it a waste of time.?? or should I give it a chance?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 11:10 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,128,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by searching24 View Post
My friends like going to nite clubs but it was never my thing, so they do not even ask me no more. I do not like the vibe very much.

Is there anyone out there that feels like clubs are overrated and its just a place to meet men and women. Basically is it a waste of time.?? or should I give it a chance?
Well, yes night clubs in their current incarnation are a waste of time and monumentally stupid. Fortunately for me I lived in an era where night clubs were great fun places to go. No television sets, no retarded music to listen to. In my day, you would go into a local bar and you knew everybody in the place. You would sit around and have CONVERSATIONS with people. It was actually FUN. Nobody sitting there staring at a television like a zombie. People would joke around, laugh and the music was usually from a juke box and it was good music.

Today's bars seem to be all about trying to look cool and impress other people. I sure miss the good old days when it comes to adult drinking establishments.

20yrsinBranson

Old 04-30-2009, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Well, yes night clubs in their current incarnation are a waste of time and monumentally stupid. Fortunately for me I lived in an era where night clubs were great fun places to go. No television sets, no retarded music to listen to. In my day, you would go into a local bar and you knew everybody in the place. You would sit around and have CONVERSATIONS with people. It was actually FUN. Nobody sitting there staring at a television like a zombie. People would joke around, laugh and the music was usually from a juke box and it was good music.

Today's bars seem to be all about trying to look cool and impress other people. I sure miss the good old days when it comes to adult drinking establishments.

20yrsinBranson

That is so true, I feel like you have to put so much effort into getting dress its not fun its like a competition. And then when you get there you meet some of the most stuck up people who are ready to fight you at the drop of a dime.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:21 AM

7,330 posts, read 15,383,950 times
It's a matter of personal preference.

I think night clubs are lame... so I just don't go to them.

I can't speak for everywhere, but here in Chicago, there are far more bars that aren't night-clubby than there are that are.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:24 AM

2,915 posts, read 3,515,744 times
Agree with you. Nightclubs are lame no matter what city you mention. Music played generally sucks, the girls are usually trashy, the guys are usually losers, nobody knows how to dance or talk to the opposite sex like they are human... and to top it off every time you read the news there seems to be a shooting, huge brawl or stabbing.

No thanks, if I want to go out give me a small neighborhood dive bar

On the plus side, it is VERY easy to get some, although I do not like those types of women anymore (since I was about.....17)

Old 04-30-2009, 11:27 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,128,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post

You got it! I love neighborhood bars (Sadly, there are no bars in my neighborhood. LOL)

20yrsinBranson

Old 04-30-2009, 11:46 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,206,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
Agree with you. Nightclubs are lame no matter what city you mention. Music played generally sucks, the girls are usually trashy, the guys are usually losers, nobody knows how to dance or talk to the opposite sex like they are human... and to top it off every time you read the news there seems to be a shooting, huge brawl or stabbing.

On the plus side, it is VERY easy to get some, although I do not like those types of women anymore (since I was about.....17)
Yeah, it seems like everytime I go to a nightclub someone got a start a fight throwing up damn gang signs and flashing money. I perfer house parties or lounges.

Old 04-30-2009, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Yeah, it seems like everytime I go to a nightclub someone got a start a fight throwing up damn gang signs and flashing money. I perfer house parties or lounges.

Exactly. Then after they finish flashing all that cash they go back home to live w/ Grandma. Use that money to find some place to live.

Old 04-30-2009, 12:05 PM

1,126 posts, read 4,562,371 times
I personally like (gay) night clubs. I love the music, the people, looking and feeling hot, the eye candy, the lights, the dancing, the atmosphere, the vibe. Good place to go when I want to party after hitting a few bars. and from experience, gay clubs very rarely have any brawls or violence at the clubs i go too.. just maybe an occasional hate crime outside in certain cities....but we do have drag shows which are fantastic in itself. lol

and you never know who your going to see....just the other day I went to a club in providence and bumped into the mayor of the city and the news anchor of the local news station was with him haha.

i will say though that i've been to straight clubs. they are truely violent, ghetto and way to trashy to my liking.

Old 04-30-2009, 12:21 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,508,014 times
I like some clubs that play house and such that aren't all "looking to be scene"... not many others though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships